Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
avstu

Emmanuel Adebayor

176 posts in this topic

Ayew, adebayor , cambiasso would all be decent enough signings in my view and help immensely and still have plenty to spend elsewhere if required.

Agreed mate rb worries me slightly although Richards is more than capable of playing there. Hopefully a rb, winger and another cb on as well maybe depends on what happens with baker as burnley are enquiring. We have two loans to utilise if required I feel adebayor could be one I would love januzaj or Townsend as the other maybe lol.

Let's stick with Gabby and kozak

Lmao

Lol gabby is so lucky he got that new contract he would struggle in the championship on his form and that is not being harsh. Kozak the jury is out but he must be dying to play I would have felt.

We need proven a goal scorer in the PL

I would go with Austin and Ade

Genuinely can't believe people would even consider Austin with his shoulder and the fact he's hardly a proven prem talent, look at Michu for instance, not worth it, he's like Ricky Lambert, never gunna do it long term in the prem

Genuinely can't believe people would even consider Austin with his shoulder and the fact he's hardly a proven prem talent, look at Michu for instance, not worth it, he's like Ricky Lambert, never gunna do it long term in the prem

Ok mate

who do you fancy that WILL come to the villa

think a few on here need to get into the real world

wake up ffs

Hernandez

rofl

I fancy Rooney to come to villa

^Sounds just about right and it´s a cunning plan !

Is it a cunning as a Fox that has just been made a professor of cunning at Oxford University??

Ok mate

who do you fancy that WILL come to the villa

think a few on here need to get into the real world

wake up ffs

Hernandez

rofl

I'd sooner not waste 15m on an overpriced crock of English 'talent' Ade, Ayew and use the knee elsewhere

To be honest I would offer peanuts for Ade as Spurs will probably be happy to get him off the books. I would also continue with this signing of the French forward and put in a 12 million bid for Austin with appearance add ons to make up the rest. Austin is a natural striker, he has great movement and his finishing is unreal. I know this as I have seen him play many times from league one to prem. he proved himself in the Prem last season, he showed us what he was capable of as well as a few clubs above us.

I'm with you Jeff. I prefer Austin over Ade. Hopefully we also get Ayew. Kozak looks like he might be up for it this season as well.

Looks like a 12 month loan deal with spurs paying some of his wages to get rid of, according to the DM.

I fancy Rooney

what ever turns you on mate

Looks like a 12 month loan deal with spurs paying some of his wages to get rid of, according to the DM.

The final piece in the jigsaw

Agree, provided TS gets him firing like he had him last time.

Looking forward to gil providing him with assists if he signs.

He's scored goals for every team he's played for so why not ?

He's scored goals for every team he's played for so why not ?

Never have I been so against a signing as this one and I will try and be as concise as possible in explaining why.

1. Timothy has continued where Lambert had started in clearing out all the high wage earners who weren't contributing anything. His signings this window have all been young hungry talent or players still with something to prove. The bottom line, hungry. Adebayor now has none of these traits and is a season older from playing under Sherwood while still commanding a wage higher than most at the club.

2. We already have Kozak at the club who has battled his way back from serious injury and hungry to repay the club's faith in him. However with the signing of Adebayor and if he stays fit, Kozak will play far less games now and will be demoted to second choice target man for a player who is known to have a questionable attitude. What does that say to Kozak? Well after battling back from serious injury and chomping at the bit wanting to prove himself the manager doesn't have enough faith in him to do the job. Under the same circumstances that would knock the heart out of anyone.

3. Adebayor is completely devoid of pace and movement so when he plays we will revert to by passing the midfield again and hoofing the ball forward. It's a signing this club has continually made over the years to mercenary footballers looking for one last payday before heading of into the sunset and I thought it would stop under Sherwood. Like Bent his playing style is becoming extinct in the modern game and by signing him we will not move forward.

4. Finally I'm not sure he is going to be the type of influence needed on the young players on the training pitch or indeed in the dressing room particularly if we begin to struggle.

Never have I been so against a signing as this one and I will try and be as concise as possible in explaining why.

1. Timothy has continued where Lambert had started in clearing out all the high wage earners who weren't contributing anything. His signings this window have all been young hungry talent or players still with something to prove. The bottom line, hungry. Adebayor now has none of these traits and is a season older from playing under Sherwood while still commanding a wage higher than most at the club.

2. We already have Kozak at the club who has battled his way back from serious injury and hungry to repay the club's faith in him. However with the signing of Adebayor and if he stays fit, Kozak will play far less games now and will be demoted to second choice target man for a player who is known to have a questionable attitude. What does that say to Kozak? Well after battling back from serious injury and chomping at the bit wanting to prove himself the manager doesn't have enough faith in him to do the job. Under the same circumstances that would knock the heart out of anyone.

3. Adebayor is completely devoid of pace and movement so when he plays we will revert to by passing the midfield again and hoofing the ball forward. It's a signing this club has continually made over the years to mercenary footballers looking for one last payday before heading of into the sunset and I thought it would stop under Sherwood. Like Bent his playing style is becoming extinct in the modern game and by signing him we will not move forward.

4. Finally I'm not sure he is going to be the type of influence needed on the young players on the training pitch or indeed in the dressing room particularly if we begin to struggle.

While to some extent I agree with you, I don't think Sherwood will take any crap from Adebayor. He'll have no issue in benching/dropping him if he doesn't perform.

At first I wasn't sure about this signing but the more I think about it, we really struggled for goals at the start of last season (without benteke!) and say we went on a similar run again, without Adebayor we would have no proven premier league goalscorer. This guy has scored goals everywhere he has been and at the top level, we need a proven goalscorer amongst our ranks!

I doubt whether Kozak will be able to manage a full season, which is understandable given his injury.

This Adebayor loan will give Kozak the time he needs

What about Callum Robinson as understudy to Kozak. Has looked good in pre-season. I thought Sherwood liked to promote youth?

Why does everyone keep banging on about Kozak like he is some sort of saviour.

What about Callum Robinson as understudy to Kozak. Has looked good in pre-season. I thought Sherwood liked to promote youth?

Promote youth yes in a balanced side with experience but not rely on youth.

The final piece in the jigsaw

When do you go to turkey mate ? You will be missed - have a really great holiday !