Sign in to follow this  
avstu

Emmanuel Adebayor

avstu    216

The summer story that just won't go away.

Adebayor himself has caused a bit of a stir this afternoon by liking a picture of himself and Sherwood on a relatively unknown Villa fan account on Instagram.

I also read an agent say this morning when asked about any possible replacements for Benteke, "All will become clear this evening".

Could be nothing, but I wouldn't be surprised if this deal happened in some capacity.

Eastie    128

Hope so - would be very pleased to see him join us .

Should be plenty of cash left for at least 3 more besides.

f49deca2176a.jpg

AscottJ1987    1

Hope so - would be very pleased to see him join us .

Should be plenty of cash left for at least 3 more besides.

Are you not worried eastie? He could be a hit or miss striker but a lot of the time it's miss.

Eastie    128

Are you not worried eastie? He could be a hit or miss striker but a lot of the time it's miss.

Not worried - all strikers are hit and miss and he's been a success in this league - low risk .

avstu    216

How Adebayor compares to other Villa strikers in the Premiership (current and past):

*Average = Goals every x amount of games.

• Benteke: 42 goals in 88 games - Average: 2.09
  • Angel: 80 goals in 175 games - Average: 2.18
  • Adebayor: 96 goals in 225 games - Average: 2.34
  • Kozak: 4 goals in 14 games - Average: 3.5
  • Agbonlahor: 73 goals in 304 games - Average: 4.16
  • Weimann: 17 goals in 112 games - Average: 6.58

Eastie    128

But has a lot of issues off the pitch that's my only concern.

Would prefer a year loan deal but either way it's a short term fix and Sherwood knows what he's buying .

May be one of 2 strikers we bring in - who knows?

People are very anti Adebayor when he's proven goal scoring talent at the highest level, 70-80k p/week and we will be swimming!

Hang up the Austin lovers because he's a crock

avstu    216

Would prefer a year loan deal but either way it's a short term fix and Sherwood knows what he's buying .

May be one of 2 strikers we bring in - who knows?

I agree, I cant see him just signing Adebayor. I think a younger lad who will need time - and wont have too much pressure on him will come in also.

Adebayor on loan or a short term (2 year max) deal could be decent.

Adebayor comes across as one of those players that needs an arm round his shoulder and TS will know that.

Morpheus    51

Under Sherwood Adebayor has scored something like 14-15 in 24 but he had better players around him doing that than he would currently have at Villa Park. You also have to remember the dearth of service to Benteke here who nevertheless made several of his goals himself. I do not see Adebayor doing that.

The signing of Adebayor to me would therefore stink of the cheap option again if we brought him in on a loan even with paying him high wages. He is exactly at the same stage of his career now as Bent was when we got rid so we'd be substituting one over paid player at the tail end of his career for another.

This is the type of signing made under previous managers and we need to get away from it now or we simply won't progress.

However i've an awful feeling in my gut that Adebayor will be in a Vila shirt by the end of the week and if this is so it must be on a loan and definitely without any fee or contract being involved so we can walk away from it at the end of the season. Anything else and it will make our club a laughing stock.

Eastie    128

Under Sherwood Adebayor has scored something like 14-15 in 24 but he had better players around him doing that than he would currently have at Villa Park. You also have to remember the dearth of service to Benteke here who nevertheless made several of his goals himself. I do not see Adebayor doing that.

The signing of Adebayor to me would therefore stink of the cheap option again if we brought him in on a loan even with paying him high wages. He is exactly at the same stage of his career now as Bent was when we got rid so we'd be substituting one over paid player at the tail end of his career for another.

This is the type of signing made under previous managers and we need to get away from it now or we simply won't progress.

However i've an awful feeling in my gut that Adebayor will be in a Vila shirt by the end of the week and if this is so it must be on a loan and definitely without any fee or contract being involved so we can walk away from it at the end of the season. Anything else and it will make our club a laughing stock.

you scoundrel smashing-laptop-with-bat.gif

Patrick    170

think adebayor might score a few

but get the feeling hes just looking for one more big pay day / deal

Morpheus    51

Ha! Hope you are right about him mate but I really don't want him anywhere near our club. Should feck off to America for one last big pay day instead of using us.

Eastie    128

think adebayor might score a few

but get the feeling hes just looking for one more big pay day / deal

Depends who supplies the chances - we still need creativity around him .

He will score goals without doubt .

Those knockers now will be cheering to the heavens once he bangs a few in soccer-player-dancing-smiley-emoticon.gi

Could be spot on Morp,just like Bent,Holte etc.....back end of career,seems a nonsense to me.Good at 24-27,not now.He's coming,just hope he makes me eat my words!

Could be spot on Morp,just like Bent,Holte etc.....back end of career,seems a nonsense to me.Good at 24-27,not now.He's coming,just hope he makes me eat my words!

Not you specifically Rust, but he was popping goals in for fun when Sherwood was in charge at Tottenham, wasn't an eternity ago.

Difference between Bent and Ade is that Bent used to have a bit of pace about him that helped him, Ade never had nor ever needed pace

dorset lion    356

Quality player, if Sherwood trusts him great he knows him well enough. As far as the financial side is concerned i would like to think we will be ran far better than we have been so i'll not concern myself with that unless in another couple of years we are shopping in League 1 for our 1st team again.

AnneMc    265

Sherwood's looking abroad for a striker.

If Adebayor comes in on a short deal, taking a pay cut, along with a promising European talent then I would be happy enough.