Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

avstu

Swindon 0 Aston Villa 2

I don't think to much can be read into tonight's performance. Swindon will be a lot further along fitness wise than us and even though its a friendly they will be well up for it beating a prem side. Few new faces in the side need time to gel and get to know each other on the pitch, that and fitness is the whole point in a pre season

2.5 weeks before the Pl starts. can u honestly say u are ok with what u saw this evening?

Apollo    159

Swindon have played a lot of preseason friendlies and had a lot of of players on trial giving their all. Villa didn't really get going to be honest, you could see they didn't give 100% in this one.

• Upvote 1

Swindon have played a lot of preseason friendlies and had a lot of of players on trial giving their all. Villa didn't really get going to be honest, you could see they didn't give 100% in this one.

+1

Anty    1

We looked poor. One thing for sure is Gabby is not a striker.

We need a striker now.

The new left back looks class. Probably one of the highlights of the game.

I am very worried for the coming season.

ak47deol    177

Hearing Calder was pretty good again and that Gardner was poor. Need a 2 cm's and 2 strikers in to stand still imo

AnneMc    265

Hearing Calder was pretty good again and that Gardner was poor. Need a 2 cm's and 2 strikers in to stand still imo

Gardner is on crutches. Think he'll be joining Vlaar at Holby City soon.

ak47deol    177

Gardner is on crutches. Think he'll be joining Vlaar at Holby City soon.

Injury prone. he wont make it at this level. Waste of a years wages on him now

Morpheus    51

Over the past few seasons our performances in pre-season indicated how we were going to do in the Premier League. A lot of work to be done in a limited amount of time then or we're going to get off to an awful start again.

We need two new strikers if Benteke leaves, a RB, a commanding CB and that elusive AM. Not convinced that Westwood is good enough and as I've continually stated Gardner is made of glass.

I feel we still need six quality players to stop us struggling again and quick.

Eastie    128

Have seen us have great pre seasons and start the season sh*t and also have sh*t pre seasons and get off to flying start in the league - I don't judge too much into them - main purpose is to get fitness at this stage and avoid injuries .

Good to blood a few young lads and get them used to it but not worried at this stage about performance or results .

Eastie    128

Injury prone. he wont make it at this level. Waste of a years wages on him now

Agreed , was surprised we didn't release him with albrighton .

Morpheus    51

But Eastie we have carried our recent pre-season form into Premiership games so recently it has been a good indicator of how we'll do.

Hopefully when more new players come in it will make the difference?

Eastie    128

But Eastie we have carried our recent pre-season form into Premiership games so recently it has been a good indicator of how we'll do.

Hopefully when more new players come in it will make the difference?

Last pre season we didn't look very good but we're top of the premier after 4 games .

There were many who played last night that will not start at Bournemouth .

We won and kept a clean sheet not that the result matters greatly .

Apollo    159

We beat Swindon 2-0 last night and the world is ending. I recall us scraping a last minute 3-2 win against Swindon a few seasons back.

We beat Swindon 2-0 last night and the world is ending. I recall us scraping a last minute 3-2 win against Swindon a few seasons back.

think what ppl are more concerned about was how the team looked. they didnt look like a premier league side if u ask me, and the 2-0 score line doesnt actually reflect on how the team was in the pitch

Eastie    128

think what ppl are more concerned about was how the team looked. they didnt look like a premier league side if u ask me, and the 2-0 score line doesnt actually reflect on how the team was in the pitch

More than half that team won't play at Bournemouth though -fitness is all that matters at this stage .

More than half that team won't play at Bournemouth though -fitness is all that matters at this stage .

2 and a half weeks away from the PL and u think fittness is all the matters ?

Eastie    128

2 and a half weeks away from the PL and u think fittness is all the matters ?

Yes - seen many many years of friendliest having no relation to what happens on day one .

We will be ready and vastly different from last night in team and performance - I'm not worried in the slightest .

We won 2-0 and kept a clean sheet whilst fielding many youngsters so was hardly a disaster .