Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

avstu

Walsall 1 Aston Villa 1

Been the match, left at half time after bad nose bleed due to picking.

Blood all over face hands and shirt

Spent last hour in various shops buying a new shirt, more details to follow

In walsall pub now getting train to brum about 8

Take care mate :(

oh dear mate hope you ok :-( i have missed your post match analysis of games

oh dear mate hope you ok :-( i have missed your post match analysis of games

The rumour Is someone slapped him in the face with a jumbo sausage - not that I believe it !

Gotta be more careful Edward Scissor Hands!!

Some suggestions that Sherwood refused to speak to the press today.

That's not like him.

Some suggestions that Sherwood refused to speak to the press today.

That's not like him.

Not like him at all but the questions are going to be about delph and benteke i would imagine so he wants to avoid it until he gets his targets in maybe? Hope lerner hasnt p*ss*d him off :dunno

was an article the other day saying Sherwood will not do any post match interviews during pre season as he is concentrating solely on strengthening his squad - don't think he spoke at Swindon either .

was an article the other day saying Sherwood will not do any post match interviews during pre season as he is concentrating solely on strengthening his squad - don't think he spoke at Swindon either .

Right so just another storm in a tea-cup then.

not much to be cheerful about today, the game was dour although the club next to the ground was pretty full by 4:30pm - not a bad club mind.

Gregg Evans wrote before the Swindon game that no post match interviews would be given by Sherwood for that reason - seems plausible enough .

Nurseys article today regarding kmac being demoted wasn't anything to do with it but was shocking journalism .

Gregg Evans wrote before the Swindon game that no post match interviews would be given by Sherwood for that reason - seems plausible enough .

Nurseys article today regarding kmac being demoted wasn't anything to do with it but was shocking journalism .

Gregg Evans knows nothing. He can't even spell.

Likely that Sherwood is not bothering to give interviews when he's busy and under no obligation to do so but anything Evans writes should be taken with a pinch of salt.

Gregg Evans knows nothing. He can't even spell.

Likely that Sherwood is not bothering to give interviews when he's busy and under no obligation to do so but anything Evans writes should be taken with a pinch of salt.

He is villa correspondent for the evening mail and villa obviously told the press there would be no post match interviews during pre season which he reported and was correct as there have been none with Sherwood .

Also he earned rave reviews from several journalists for his coverage of Delph story - receiving stick for making it up by some when it turned out he was spot on all along and Delph had indeed been bound for city until a change of Heart and then another change of heart

Hard to say he knows nothing when he speaks to the players and staff almost daily as his job .

I'm no great fan of Evans style but he is pretty accurate with his stuff.

He is villa correspondent for the evening mail and villa obviously told the press there would be no post match interviews during pre season which he reported and was correct as there have been none with Sherwood .

Also he earned rave reviews from several journalists for his coverage of Delph story - receiving stick for making it up by some when it turned out he was spot on all along and Delph had indeed been bound for city until a change of Heart and then another change of heart

Hard to say he knows nothing when he speaks to the players and staff almost daily as his job .

I'm no great fan of Evans style but he is pretty accurate with his stuff.

I didn't read his Delph offerings, largely because of the nonsense he spouted prior to that. He doesn't have the level of access you seem to think he has and I would take anything he writes with a pinch of salt. He's an absolute tit.

I didn't read his Delph offerings, largely because of the nonsense he spouted prior to that. He doesn't have the level of access you seem to think he has and I would take anything he writes with a pinch of salt. He's an absolute tit.

He was the only reported who flew with the team and stayed at their hotel throughout the recent tour and was given access top layers and staff giving interesting interviews with Sherwood and Wilkins to name but two .

Pete collie . flew out for 3 days too .

Of course he is only told what Sherwood wants to tell him so some of his transfer articles are soeculative , but he is the local Aston villa correspondent for the city's press and of course he has good access to the club .

Therefore to suggest he knows nothing is quite absurd when he has done several exclusive interviews with players and staff which is clearly a fact .

Nursey on the other hand pops down to bodymoor once a week usually and makes up a pile of sh*t in between on any titbits or rumour he is fed .

He was the only reported who flew with the team and stayed at their hotel throughout the recent tour and was given access top layers and staff giving interesting interviews with Sherwood and Wilkins to name but two .

Pete collie . flew out for 3 days to.

Of course he is only told what Sherwood wants to tell him so some of his transfer articles are soeculative , but he is the local Aston villa correspondent for the city's press and of course he has good access to the club .

Therefore to suggest he knows nothing is quite absurd when he has done several exclusive interviews with players and staff which is clearly a fact .

Nursey on the other hand pops down to bodymoor once a week usually and makes up a pile of sh*t in between on any titbits or rumour he is fed .

I suggest you go through some of Evans' old stuff and look at the nonsense he has come out with before suggesting he is some sort of oracle.

He's not even a decent reporter.

I suggest you go through some of Evans' old stuff and look at the nonsense he has come out with before suggesting he is some sort of oracle.

He's not even a decent reporter.

At no stage did I remotely suggest him to be an oracle -he can only report as fact what he's told by players or staff - anything else is speculative but to say he knows nothing is wrong as he clearly he is accurate and factual as the interviews given to him are .

How many times has he spoken To Sherwood in the last month compared to you ?

However I'm not suggesting you know nothing ;)

Back to the original point that was he stated the press were told beforehand that Sherwood would not be doing post match interviews in pre-season games .

At no stage did I remotely suggest him to be an oracle -he can only report as fact what he's told by players or staff - anything else is speculative but to say he knows nothing is wrong as he clearly he is accurate and factual as the interviews given to him are .

How many times has he spoken To Sherwood in the last month compared to you ?

However I'm not suggesting you know nothing ;)

Yes, okay, he chats to Sherwood every so often but that doesn't mean everything he reports is gospel. He's done more than his fair share of speculating and often writes absolute rubbish.

He may be told a thing or two, which, as you say, is what the club officials choose to tell him, so he's not a great source of information really and when I said he knows nothing I meant about journalism in general. He is useless at it.

Certainly I preferred mat kendrick in the role to Evans as he's a long term fan and has a feel for the club as one of us - not sure about Evans .

I think Sherwood is more media friendly than Lambert was and look forward to honest post match interviews rather than the sh*t we heard from lambert

Certainly I preferred mat kendrick in the role to Evans.

I think Sherwood is more media friendly than Lambert was and look forward to honest post match interviews rather than the sh*t we heard from lambert

Well, we have already had them.

Sherwood plays the role of a chirpy, cheeky Cockney rather too well and the journalists lap it up.

It would be good to see Kendrick back covering Villa full-time.