Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
avstu

Walsall 1 Aston Villa 1

83 posts in this topic

Gregg Evans wrote before the Swindon game that no post match interviews would be given by Sherwood for that reason - seems plausible enough .

Nurseys article today regarding kmac being demoted wasn't anything to do with it but was shocking journalism .

Gregg Evans wrote before the Swindon game that no post match interviews would be given by Sherwood for that reason - seems plausible enough .

Nurseys article today regarding kmac being demoted wasn't anything to do with it but was shocking journalism .

Gregg Evans knows nothing. He can't even spell.

Likely that Sherwood is not bothering to give interviews when he's busy and under no obligation to do so but anything Evans writes should be taken with a pinch of salt.

Gregg Evans knows nothing. He can't even spell.

Likely that Sherwood is not bothering to give interviews when he's busy and under no obligation to do so but anything Evans writes should be taken with a pinch of salt.

He is villa correspondent for the evening mail and villa obviously told the press there would be no post match interviews during pre season which he reported and was correct as there have been none with Sherwood .

Also he earned rave reviews from several journalists for his coverage of Delph story - receiving stick for making it up by some when it turned out he was spot on all along and Delph had indeed been bound for city until a change of Heart and then another change of heart

Hard to say he knows nothing when he speaks to the players and staff almost daily as his job .

I'm no great fan of Evans style but he is pretty accurate with his stuff.

He is villa correspondent for the evening mail and villa obviously told the press there would be no post match interviews during pre season which he reported and was correct as there have been none with Sherwood .

Also he earned rave reviews from several journalists for his coverage of Delph story - receiving stick for making it up by some when it turned out he was spot on all along and Delph had indeed been bound for city until a change of Heart and then another change of heart

Hard to say he knows nothing when he speaks to the players and staff almost daily as his job .

I'm no great fan of Evans style but he is pretty accurate with his stuff.

I didn't read his Delph offerings, largely because of the nonsense he spouted prior to that. He doesn't have the level of access you seem to think he has and I would take anything he writes with a pinch of salt. He's an absolute tit.

I didn't read his Delph offerings, largely because of the nonsense he spouted prior to that. He doesn't have the level of access you seem to think he has and I would take anything he writes with a pinch of salt. He's an absolute tit.

He was the only reported who flew with the team and stayed at their hotel throughout the recent tour and was given access top layers and staff giving interesting interviews with Sherwood and Wilkins to name but two .

Pete collie . flew out for 3 days too .

Of course he is only told what Sherwood wants to tell him so some of his transfer articles are soeculative , but he is the local Aston villa correspondent for the city's press and of course he has good access to the club .

Therefore to suggest he knows nothing is quite absurd when he has done several exclusive interviews with players and staff which is clearly a fact .

Nursey on the other hand pops down to bodymoor once a week usually and makes up a pile of sh*t in between on any titbits or rumour he is fed .

He was the only reported who flew with the team and stayed at their hotel throughout the recent tour and was given access top layers and staff giving interesting interviews with Sherwood and Wilkins to name but two .

Pete collie . flew out for 3 days to.

Of course he is only told what Sherwood wants to tell him so some of his transfer articles are soeculative , but he is the local Aston villa correspondent for the city's press and of course he has good access to the club .

Therefore to suggest he knows nothing is quite absurd when he has done several exclusive interviews with players and staff which is clearly a fact .

Nursey on the other hand pops down to bodymoor once a week usually and makes up a pile of sh*t in between on any titbits or rumour he is fed .

I suggest you go through some of Evans' old stuff and look at the nonsense he has come out with before suggesting he is some sort of oracle.

He's not even a decent reporter.

I suggest you go through some of Evans' old stuff and look at the nonsense he has come out with before suggesting he is some sort of oracle.

He's not even a decent reporter.

At no stage did I remotely suggest him to be an oracle -he can only report as fact what he's told by players or staff - anything else is speculative but to say he knows nothing is wrong as he clearly he is accurate and factual as the interviews given to him are .

How many times has he spoken To Sherwood in the last month compared to you ?

However I'm not suggesting you know nothing ;)

Back to the original point that was he stated the press were told beforehand that Sherwood would not be doing post match interviews in pre-season games .

At no stage did I remotely suggest him to be an oracle -he can only report as fact what he's told by players or staff - anything else is speculative but to say he knows nothing is wrong as he clearly he is accurate and factual as the interviews given to him are .

How many times has he spoken To Sherwood in the last month compared to you ?

However I'm not suggesting you know nothing ;)

Yes, okay, he chats to Sherwood every so often but that doesn't mean everything he reports is gospel. He's done more than his fair share of speculating and often writes absolute rubbish.

He may be told a thing or two, which, as you say, is what the club officials choose to tell him, so he's not a great source of information really and when I said he knows nothing I meant about journalism in general. He is useless at it.

Certainly I preferred mat kendrick in the role to Evans as he's a long term fan and has a feel for the club as one of us - not sure about Evans .

I think Sherwood is more media friendly than Lambert was and look forward to honest post match interviews rather than the sh*t we heard from lambert

Certainly I preferred mat kendrick in the role to Evans.

I think Sherwood is more media friendly than Lambert was and look forward to honest post match interviews rather than the sh*t we heard from lambert

Well, we have already had them.

Sherwood plays the role of a chirpy, cheeky Cockney rather too well and the journalists lap it up.

It would be good to see Kendrick back covering Villa full-time.

Well, we have already had them.

Sherwood plays the role of a chirpy, cheeky Cockney rather too well and the journalists lap it up.

It would be good to see Kendrick back covering Villa full-time.

There has been much speculation as to why kendrick switched jobs and his alleged promotion - odd that is occurred immediately after a photo was published of randy and an accomplice at the pre season friendly in the USA last season .

There are some who feel the club demanded kendrick be removed as villa correspondent but it may be coincidental timing - who knows?

I did ask that question of him myself before I came here but he told me it was already in the pipeline - odd then that they sent him to the USA and then put Evans in his job straight afterwards on returning .

Quick mention for connie who had to leave early due to heavy nose bleed - hope you are feeling better today mate .

Conman will be alright just as soon as I get him back into the clinic again. Too much experimentation has always been his downfall.

Conman will be alright just as soon as I get him back into the clinic again. Too much experimentation has always been his downfall.

I don't want to know what you've pumped into him morph - what goes on in clinic stays in clinic :D

He's got a sausage fettish and tries to stick it where you pick.

not much to be cheerful about today, the game was dour although the club next to the ground was pretty full by 4:30pm - not a bad club mind.

how come the club was full when the match was on

Certainly I preferred mat kendrick in the role to Evans as he's a long term fan and has a feel for the club as one of us - not sure about Evans .

kendrick still does villa articles for the mail

There has been much speculation as to why kendrick switched jobs and his alleged promotion - odd that is occurred immediately after a photo was published of randy and an accomplice at the pre season friendly in the USA last season .

There are some who feel the club demanded kendrick be removed as villa correspondent but it may be coincidental timing - who knows?

I did ask that question of him myself before I came here but he told me it was already in the pipeline - odd then that they sent him to the USA and then put Evans in his job straight afterwards on returning .

some who ?

kendrick still does villa articles for the mail

Kendrick was 'promoted' to become website sports editor I believe - he was replaced as Aston villa correspondent by Gregg Evans immediately after last seasons tour to USA. During this tour kendrick and his photographer took published on Twitter a photo of randy Lerner with 3 others attending a friendly match - this caused a furore with many people believing it to be Micky arison and reports randy was far from happy about the photo becoming public .

On his return kendrick was replaced within a week by Gregg Evans and some people feel it was more than coincidence although Matt has said it was pre planned .

Either way mat is no longer villa correspondent but still does the odd article and a lot on the website .

yeah i went walsall yesterday after 4 hours sleep

bought a £6.40 bus and train network daysaver on the bus and got the 11 am train from duddeston station in nechells

full english breakfast and a pint of guinness in yates walsall at 11.42 followed by another guiness

then next door to the tap and spanner for 5 pints of strongbow and then a 3 minute train journey from walsall to bescot stadium station

biggish queue for people buying tickets at windows 1-4 ,,, i picked my pre ordered ticket straight away from window 5

had a chicken balti pie for £3.20 (walsall invented them apparently ) and was sat near to the corner flag not far from the sexy Villabitch ,,

as mentioned earlier , nose started bleeding ,,had no tissues or anything to wipe it with and didnt want to drip blood on people as i walked out as i was on the end of the row

so i kept wiping it with my hand trying to stop it and blew my nose onto the floor but ended up with blood specks all over my shirt

thought it had stopped when more blood dripped onto my shirt as walsall equalised just before half time

then i thought f*ck it and walked out the ground and got train back into walsall town centre

eventually got a nice new t shirt for a tenner and got changed in a macdonalds toilet and made my way to the imperial weatherspoons at 5pm

2 strongbow in there and 2 more in the tap and spanner and got train to witton at half 7

had 2 shish kebab on naan bread with chilli sauce opposite the witton arms for £2.50

went in witton arms at 8 and ,,,a man and a lady with a keyboard were singing ,,,good night ,,,friendly people in there

left at 11 for the 11 bus

Kendrick was 'promoted' to become website sports editor I believe - he was replaced as Aston villa correspondent by Gregg Evans immediately after last seasons tour to USA. During this tour kendrick and his photographer took published on Twitter a photo of randy Lerner with 3 others attending a friendly match - this caused a furore with many people believing it to be Micky arison and reports randy was far from happy about the photo becoming public .

On his return kendrick was replaced within a week by Gregg Evans and some people feel it was more than coincidence although Matt has said it was pre planned .

Either way mat is no longer villa correspondent but still does the odd article and a lot on the website .

matt has done several villa articles today

yeah i went walsall yesterday after 4 hours sleep

bought a £6.40 bus and train network daysaver on the bus and got the 11 am train from duddeston station in nechells

full english breakfast and a pint of guinness in yates walsall at 11.42 followed by another guiness

then next door to the tap and spanner for 5 pints of strongbow and then a 3 minute train journey from walsall to bescot stadium station

biggish queue for people buying tickets at windows 1-4 ,,, i picked my pre ordered ticket straight away from window 5

had a chicken balti pie for £3.20 (walsall invented them apparently ) and was sat near to the corner flag not far from the sexy Villabitch ,,

as mentioned earlier , nose started bleeding ,,had no tissues or anything to wipe it with and didnt want to drip blood on people as i walked out as i was on the end of the row

so i kept wiping it with my hand trying to stop it and blew my nose onto the floor but ended up with blood specks all over my shirt

thought it had stopped when more blood dripped onto my shirt as walsall equalised just before half time

then i thought f*ck it and walked out the ground and got train back into walsall town centre

eventually got a nice new t shirt for a tenner and got changed in a macdonalds toilet and made my way to the imperial weatherspoons at 5pm

2 strongbow in there and 2 more in the tap and spanner and got train to witton at half 7

had 2 shish kebab on naan bread with chilli sauce opposite the witton arms for £2.50

went in witton arms at 8 and ,,,a man and a lady with a keyboard were singing ,,,good night ,,,friendly people in there

left at 11 for the 11 bus

Good stuff - glad the nose bleed didn't spoil your day .

matt has done several villa articles today

Like I said he still works for the mail but in a different role - he was villa correspondent but now it is Gregg Evans .

Matt said his change of role was already in the pipeline but some people felt it odd timing as it was days after the infamous Lerner photo appeared.

Been the match, left at half time after bad nose bleed due to picking.

Blood all over face hands and shirt

Could have been worse mate......imagine the mess if you'd been scratching your arse !

Could have been worse mate......imagine the mess if you'd been scratching your arse !

Do you have to ? I'm just about to get the chicken from the oven and you've put me off my dinner :(

Do you have to ? I'm just about to get the chicken from the oven and you've put me off my dinner :(

Sorry.......i can see why the thought of someone fowling themselves could put you off a chicken dinner :whistle