Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

avstu

Walsall 1 Aston Villa 1

10:30 start for me, bescott is a long way from my house lol

Changed your mind? On the pop now?

What's the craic for Saturday?

Have an air boot for 6-8 weeks but am going stir crazy so might chance it.

Phone Walsall direct. Usually they sell us tickets on the day.

Changed your mind? On the pop now?

Wasn't planning on it but wife insisted I spend some time with Ben !

I have tickets, ta.

Meant where are this lot meeting etc.

I have tickets, ta.

Meant where are this lot meeting etc.

Walsall town centre 10:30

Walsall town centre 10:30

I don't have dementia; it's my leg that's goosed. No need to repeat yourself.

I don't have dementia; it's my leg that's goosed. No need to repeat yourself.

Didn't think you had read it lol

Didn't think you had read it lol

Ha. Will see what the weather is like. If its wet like today then I am probably not safe to venture out.

Not very practical to think I can hop around a major train station.

Ha. Will see what the weather is like. If its wet like today then I am probably not safe to venture out.

Let me know either way mate and you know we will look after you lol

Let me know either way mate and you know we will look after you lol

Thanks. Will do.

Will be dry on Saturday but cloudy with top temperature about 18 deg.

yeah ,,,,,,i just phoned walsall ticket office

asked for a ticket ,,,,she said home or away

i said away

and she said £12 ,,,,,,,,,no booking charge

got to pick it up at window 5 before the match

if i get there on time that is

1-1 at half time - gueye seems to be very involved and Robinson gave villa the lead from a pass from Kozak .

Walsall equalised just before the break with a wicked deflection from a free kick .

Both of those streams were duff, here is the result, from SSN.

Pre-Season Friendly, Saturday 25/07/2015 : Walsall 1-1 Aston Villa

Callum Robinson bagged a first-half goal as Villa drew 1-1 in a useful pre-season workout against neighbours Walsall.

Several of Tim Sherwood's first team stars completed 90 minutes for the first time since May, while new boy Idrissa Gueye showed glimpses of his quality with an accomplished hour-long debut.

Academy graduate Robinson gave Villa the lead before Anthony Forde levelled for the hosts with a freak equaliser.

Sherwood named a strong starting line-up for this derby showdown with the Saddlers as his team stepped up their bid for match sharpness ahead of the Barclays Premier League opener against Bournemouth in a fortnight's time.

And it meant a first outing for summer signing Gueye, who slotted in alongside Ashley Westwood in the heart of Villa's midfield.

Gueye wasted little time in throwing himself into the thick of the action.

The Senegalese had good opportunities at the beginning and end of the first-half as Villa dominated the early exchanges.

His first touch was a powerful shot which deflected just wide of the target after Robinson's cutback was cleared.

A couple of minutes before the break, Gueye also forced Saddlers keeper Neil Etheridge into a save when he played a slick one-two with Robinson before unleashing a low drive.

Robinson 640

It was Robinson who gave Villa the lead on 22 minutes, having impressed with his hold-up play throughout the first period.

After collecting Libor Kozak's cutback from the left, the striker took a clever touch to move away from his marker before firing past Etheridge.

Scott Sinclair almost doubled the advantage three minutes later, dribbling round Etheridge only for Jason Demetriou to get back in time to sweep up on the line.

For all Villa's dominance, there was little they could to prevent the equaliser on the stroke of half-time.

Forde's free-kick took a wicked deflection, leaving Jed Steer wrong-footed before nestling in the bottom corner.

The visitors maintained a good tempo after the break and Leandro Bacuna saw his effort charged down after a surging run and cross from recent arrival Jordan Amavi.

Libor Kozak had a penalty claim dismissed following a tangle with James O'Connor, while Robinson miscued from 10 yards after some incisive wing play from Bacuna on the right.

Steer's first real test came on 73 minutes when he held Adam Chambers' low drive.

Youngsters Jordan Lyden, Jerell Sellars, Harry McKirdy and Lewis Kinsella were all given a taste of the action in the closing stages.

WALSALL: Etheridge, Demetriou, Taylor, O'Connor, Wakefield, Lalkovic, Chambers, Mantom, Bradshaw, Sawyers, Forde. Subs: Baxendale [for Forde 76], MacGillivray, Henry [Taylor 64], Downing [for Wakefield HT], Preston [for Demetriou 76], Flanagan [for O'Connor 76], Morris [for Lalkovic 64], Murphy, Bakayoko [for Bradshaw 84], Cook [for Sawyers 64], Kinsella [for Chambers 76].

VILLA: Steer, Hutton, Richards, Clark, Amavi, Bacuna, Westwood, Gueye, Sinclair, Kozak, Robinson. Subs: Suliman, Sellars [for Robinson 79], McKirdy [for Kozak 88], Bunn, Lyden [for Gueye 63], Kinsella [for Amavi 84], Abdo.