Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

avstu

Braga 0 Aston Villa 0

braga.jpg

Braga v Aston Villa

Pre-season friendly

Friday 17th July 2015 - Kick off: 18:30

Estadio Da Nora, Albufeira

Match Chat & Predictions

why is getting played in albuferia thats in the algarve holiday resort iirc? braga's stadium is quite unique its built on a kinda cliff rock face

They are playing down here as there are the training facilities. Villa are based at Brown's Club in nearby Vilamoura, Braga are also down here for a couple of games. They are playing Bristol City the following Tuesday evening at the Guia Football Club.

It's a thing in Portugal that very rarely do the big clubs play pre season matches on their own grounds.

I'm not a Villa fan, but I live In Albufeira and went along to the Fulham game with some people. Ferreiras is about 3 miles from here.

It was an enjoyable game for no charge! Up close and personal with the superstars. Here in Portugal if a game is even advertised as a friendly with an admission charge between teams at that level, we have to pay for at least 10 armed police to keep order in the ground. That's the thick end of €1,000 which throws the whole economics out the window.

Anyway, Saturday was proof that six or seven hundred fans can sit together, drink immense quantities of beer during the game and not misbehave. Ferreiras FC made more out the bar takings at that game than they would in half a normal season. Their crowds are only 150 or so!

On a practical note, we saw a lot a lot of fans obviously walking the 3 miles back to Albufeira after the game. Tell them if they are going next Friday that there are buses back to Albufeira 's main bus station at 835pm and 905pm from the stop on the main road when they come out of the ground. It costs £1,40 or about £1. www.algarvebus.info/004l.htm

Enjoy the game on Friday. I cannot be there.

Thanks for the info regarding buses, Cubsur. I have shared it via Twitter.

Glad you enjoyed the game.

I met my husband in Vilamoura; it's a lovely part of the world.

VILLA first half team v Braga: Bunn, Cissokho, Richards, Clark, Hutton, Bacuna, Westwood, Gardner, Sinclair, Gil, Agbonlahor

VILLA second half team v Braga: Bunn, Richardson, Baker, Donacien, Mason, Calder, Cole, Robinson, Tonev, N’Zogbia, Kozak.

LIVE ON AVTV dont forget fokes.

Not a bad first half. Gabby and Bacuna had very good chances to score.

Richards looked solid when called upon and Gil created pretty much everything we did.

Gardner and Bacuna pretty non existant though.

Ben watching it but I can't be arsed to watch

Are you doing any pre-season games?

Poor second half. Calder and Richardson stood out for me.

Defensively we looked solid but going forward we was poor.

N'Zogbia annoyed me aswell - having a go at Calum Robinson for not reading how N'Zog was playing. idiot.