Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

avstu

Dennis Praet

If you think that he did a 'great' job that's fine but, to me, that's a sign of how low some Villa fans' expectations have fallen.

We'll have to disagree regarding Gil. Everyone has to start somewhere. He's young enough still to get even better. In any case, he showed much more in limited playing time than the likes of N'Zogbia, a bone idle player Sherwood used time and time again.

There are no footballing grounds for him having been frozen out that I, and many others, can see. If one below par performance is, as you suggest, the reason, we wouldn't have been able to field a team for most of last season.

What we are not part to is what goes on behind the scenes - sherwoods comments suggest maybe Gil sulked or had an attitude problem and needed to train better .

Granted he looked bright but we didn't see enough to really judge him one way or the other - several have looked good at the start and sunk into ineptitude.

Regarding nzogbia , I agree - Sherwood took on a team with 2 wins in 19 who couldn't score - his results were a vast improvement however the last 3 games were shockingly poor .

He needs to being in his own players and jettison lamberts trash - I will judge him next summer but am pleased so far .

No still very much on if you believe twitter. Sherwood has apparently spoken to his father already.

Praet happens? Joke from another forum. :lol:

Heard that this may have cooled with Sherwood now believing Gil is our number 10 after getting a better look at him in pre season. Has said he didn't play him late last season bee cause he played people he 'trusted' a little more in the intensity of a relegation battle but feels he can affect games for him this year.

Saw we may be back in for this guy today as his price has dropped? Would be a great signing if it happens best young player 2013/14 season. Still only 21.

Maybe the deal is too good to pass up? It would add some needed squad depth. I hope we can tie up another defender before the window shuts