Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
avstu

Dennis Praet

82 posts in this topic

If you think that he did a 'great' job that's fine but, to me, that's a sign of how low some Villa fans' expectations have fallen.

We'll have to disagree regarding Gil. Everyone has to start somewhere. He's young enough still to get even better. In any case, he showed much more in limited playing time than the likes of N'Zogbia, a bone idle player Sherwood used time and time again.

There are no footballing grounds for him having been frozen out that I, and many others, can see. If one below par performance is, as you suggest, the reason, we wouldn't have been able to field a team for most of last season.

What we are not part to is what goes on behind the scenes - sherwoods comments suggest maybe Gil sulked or had an attitude problem and needed to train better .

Granted he looked bright but we didn't see enough to really judge him one way or the other - several have looked good at the start and sunk into ineptitude.

Regarding nzogbia , I agree - Sherwood took on a team with 2 wins in 19 who couldn't score - his results were a vast improvement however the last 3 games were shockingly poor .

He needs to being in his own players and jettison lamberts trash - I will judge him next summer but am pleased so far .

No still very much on if you believe twitter. Sherwood has apparently spoken to his father already.

Praet happens? Joke from another forum. :lol:

Heard that this may have cooled with Sherwood now believing Gil is our number 10 after getting a better look at him in pre season. Has said he didn't play him late last season bee cause he played people he 'trusted' a little more in the intensity of a relegation battle but feels he can affect games for him this year.

Saw we may be back in for this guy today as his price has dropped? Would be a great signing if it happens best young player 2013/14 season. Still only 21.

Can't see it - Sherwood says he is looking to bring in British players now to balance the squad .

Maybe the deal is too good to pass up? It would add some needed squad depth. I hope we can tie up another defender before the window shuts

Sherwood said no more players from overseas will be coming in. He said IF anyone else comes in they would be playing in England already.

Could be a bluff, Stu.

That lad from Barca is still being heavily linked.

for him to come in gil or the zog have to be leaving

I hope it's not Gil. He could be bloody brilliant if played correctly.

I think it was him or veretout he wants to come to villa apparently baggies are intrested. I think he would be a good signing but maybe it won't happen.

I think it was him or veretout he wants to come to villa apparently baggies are intrested. I think he would be a good signing but maybe it won't happen.

Think we wanted him before veretout signed as you say - can't see it now though.

I think the price has been dropped on the player so maybe we're having another look?

Unless we can shift a few mids out like Gardner on loan and Nzogbia, i cant see another mid being added after Traore

Unless we can shift a few mids out like Gardner on loan and Nzogbia, i cant see another mid being added after Traore

really depends if the Club are prepared to take a hit on Nzogbia, personally i would pay him off in some fashion and get rid!

its clear the fella has not created any interest and if he goes i suspect it will be to a Championship club or abroad!

Unless Tim thinks he can get value out of him playing for us still!

He never seems to be fit enough for 90 mins and when he plays you always know he will be subbed in the 60th minute! shame really as he has skills and talent but as we all know most of the time he cant be arsed!!

AM cost us about 22m in signing him and he rarely if ever has delivered on his price tag!!

N'Zogbia has removed any trace of villa from all this social media so maybe he is going?

N'Zogbia has removed any trace of villa from all this social media so maybe he is going?

2.3m in wages a season!! Offer him 1.5m and a free transfer!

2.3m in wages a season!! Offer him 1.5m and a free transfer!

Be daft not to take it, gives him time off and a large up front sum of money. But he seems lazy enough that he's happy to do f*ck all in the reserves picking up a wage

really depends if the Club are prepared to take a hit on Nzogbia, personally i would pay him off in some fashion and get rid!

its clear the fella has not created any interest and if he goes i suspect it will be to a Championship club or abroad!

Unless Tim thinks he can get value out of him playing for us still!

He never seems to be fit enough for 90 mins and when he plays you always know he will be subbed in the 60th minute! shame really as he has skills and talent but as we all know most of the time he cant be arsed!!

AM cost us about 22m in signing him and he rarely if ever has delivered on his price tag!!

Agree mate nzogbia is a player we need to get rid of he is such a waste and he is one of the players I think Sherwood mentioned who are sitting on their pretty contract. A loan deal may be our only hope of shifting him out the door but like Ireland he will be quite happy sitting there on his inflated wage.

A lethal injection is the only thing we should be giving nzogbia. There's nothing worse than wasting talent, take him into the field and shoot him like a dog.