FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Official: Delph Joins Man City

Loyalvillan

Hope the horrible b**tard don't dare try comeing down the holte to clap wen we play the 3rd biggest team from.mancheater #moderndayjudas

Can't wait to give him stick the t**t.

image.png

Championeeeeee Championeeeee Olee Oleee Oleeeee

You need people like me so people like you can point your fcuking fingers and say there's the bad guy

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

nice way to do business----have a medical and sign for Citeh--whilst former team mates and manager are away in Portugal-----!!!!! says a real lot about the geezer to me!!

irrespective of allegedly telling Randy personally on Thursday

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

Birmingham Mail-

Aston Villa have been left stunned by Fabian Delph's sensational second u-turn with the midfielder sealing a move to Manchester City.

Boss Tim Sherwood found out late on Thursday night that his captain had decided to reignite his transfer to the Premier Leagye runners up - less than a week after confirming he was staying in the Midlands.

Delph had his medical at City today and completed an £8 million move this evening.

City boss Manuel Pellegrini admitted he was delighted at Delph’s decision to join City.

He said: “Fabian Delph is an excellent player, and I am looking forward to working with him.

“He has made a huge impact in recent seasons at Aston Villa, and is now one of the brightest young midfielders in the Premier League.

“Fabian has tremendous skill and energy, and the fact that he has become a regular member of the England squad is further evidence of his progress over the past few seasons. At just 25 years old, he still has his best years ahead of him.”

A brief Villa statement confirmed: “Aston Villa can confirm that Fabian Delph has exercised the release clause in his contract and will join Manchester City.“We’d like to wish him success in his future career.”

It comes as a huge blow to the claret and blues who are also losing their star striker Christian Benteke to Liverpool in a £32.5 million deal.

It's thought that Benteke's imminent departure played a part in Delph's decision to move to the Etihad Stadium.

Manchester City are believed to have increased the personal terms they offered the 25-year-old England international to help convince him about the move.

Villa were overjoyed when he snubbed Cityh at the last minute last weekend despite having a medical booked in.

They were also prepared to make him the club's highest paid player and raise the buyout clause in his contract.

In a statement last Saturday, Delph said: "I'm not leaving. I'm staying at the football club and I can't wait for the start of the season and captaining this great football club."

That has all now changed and Sherwood is facing a mammoth task to top up his squad ahead of the Premier League opener at Bournemouth on August 8.

Benteke is still with the Villa squad here in Portugal and will fly home tomorrow before Having his Liverpool medical early next week.

Some good news for Villa is that Jordan Amavi will complete a £10 million move from Nice this weekend.

Just a few minor formalities remain before his switch is wrapped up.

He is expected to report to training at Bodymoor Heath early next week, along with fellow new boy Idrissa Gueye.

2q9w86r.png35db988.png

I cant not see TS getting anywhere near £40 million to spend

no id be expecting more! we've spent just over £10m so far. that should leave 10m from the standard 20m budget. where is the other 30m extra TV revenue we get this season?? then add the £35 million from the sale of delph and benteke. if we do get 40m to spend then we've still had our pants pulled down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

no id be expecting more! we've spent just over £10m so far. that should leave 10m from the standard 20m budget. where is the other 30m extra TV revenue we get this season?? then add the £35 million from the sale of delph and benteke. if we do get 40m to spend then we've still had our pants pulled down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope your right because where going to need every penny of it

first Benteke, now Delph. is this a sign?? all the promises of a new owner, new direction then all of a sudden no new owner and 2 of arguably our best players have all but gone, coincedence that delph goes same day as Benteke's clause gets met?? no delph had clause that said if benteke@s clause met then so can his....................................judas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now it is vital Sherwood is given all the cash from sales and brings in quality players - delph can go and I don't begrudge him the chance to do so - I do however find the way he lied and deceived fans totally unforgivable .

Delph, Benteke and Vlaar have been the spine of one of the worst teams to play at Villa Park. Sherwood has also moved on several other players this window so now he has literally a clean slate to play with plus the funding to rebuild a completely new squad. This is an opportunity experienced only by clubs that's have been relegated and needing to start afresh so any ambitious manager should be relishing the challenge ahead.

Over to you Tim and now you have the perfect opportunity to make yourself a Villa Park legend something which our former captain didn't want.

"Leaving aston villa is the hardest decision I've ever had to make, my decision to stay initially was purely based on the emotion and feelings i hold for the club, rather than looking at the football opportunity that had been placed in front of me"

Load of shite the c**t

Archived