FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Official: Delph Joins Man City

Loyalvillan

10m your shitting me!!! Well he would of insisted that for a reason, when a big club comes he will wanna speak to them like we all would and if he decides that his future lies elsewhere then good luck to him, no player is indispensable and we will be stronger for it.

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No , if a club offer the fee required to trigger a release club then we cannot stop him going if he chooses to and same with benteke.

Only reason Benteke hasn't gone is no club has triggered the release clause but Delph is vastly lower , if true surely the clause should have been made higher than £10m ish?

As you said, it can trigger the release clause. He will only go if he wants to or if the other team is prepared to stump up the cash. Knowing how football is, then the £10 million would soon grow to £20 million. Remember, when he wanted to leave before "nobody came calling". Villa fans rate Delph more than other people. Personally, I don't rate him. I think he is vastly overrated and is an average player. He commits some silly mistakes as is evident in some of the Villa games where he gave the ball away and it resulted in the other team scoring. I am confident that there is somebody better than Delph who wants to play for AV.

image.jpg

i will be gutted to see delph leave for ten million ,, cant believe it

unless the new owners come up with proper money to replace him we are fucked

ten million ,,,,,he must be worth a least 15 , 20 or 25 or more at todays prices

i dont believe it ,,,,,,,,,,,this cant be true

he recently signed a new contract with us

just before the bournemouth 4th round fa cup tie

and said all this

The club has given me a great platform to perform and a great opportunity to showcase what I can do," he said.

"The fans have been great with me, the chairman has been absolutely fantastic with me and I have a great relationship with the manager and I see the boys here as my brothers, my family and I am delighted to stay here.

"I am a loyal person and committing my future will hopefully show everybody what type of guy I am.

"I feel like this is me - I love the club, I love being here and I want to put 100 per cent into everything I do here. This is my club and I want to be here. That's why I am committing my future.

"Hopefully it will give everyone a bit of a lift and show the fans that we are looking to do big things here and bring excitement back to the club.

"We want to get through this season, do well and I feel the up-and-coming years will be big.

"There was no way I was going to bail out. I am here for the long run.

"The fans have been the same. I am sure they will stick with us, help us get through this season and then looking into the future, it looks promising to me."

he has become an england regular with Villa ,,,,,,,,,,,why would he want to sit on man citys bench

i cant believe it

He'd look a right Cnut if he upped sticks and left after coming out with that.

I'm not overly concerned as I don't believe that he'll be going anywhere anytime soon

As you said, it can trigger the release clause. He will only go if he wants to or if the other team is prepared to stump up the cash. Knowing how football is, then the £10 million would soon grow to £20 million. Remember, when he wanted to leave before "nobody came calling". Villa fans rate Delph more than other people. Personally, I don't rate him. I think he is vastly overrated and is an average player. He commits some silly mistakes as is evident in some of the Villa games where he gave the ball away and it resulted in the other team scoring. I am confident that there is somebody better than Delph who wants to play for AV.

The £10m would be the fee required to sign him - it wouldn't go into a bidding war as that's the fee agreed .

If the clause is true then he can go to whoever Offers £10m if he so wishes .

Now this has been made public I think it's very likely the £10m will be offered and Delph will probably go should the clause be true and it seems to be .

2q9w86r.png35db988.png

Personally think this was his minimum fee had we been relegated. However. if it is true then i guess we have to think about it in the way that we could of lost him for free this summer. At least we get something for him.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

Personally think this was his minimum fee had we been relegated. However. if it is true then i guess we have to think about it in the way that we could of lost him for free this summer. At least we get something for him.

Agreed its £10m that we wouldn't have got so the club didn't have much choice but to agree to it .

Emphasises players see us as a stepping stone to better things.

2q9w86r.png35db988.png

He´s as good as gone with that low price-tag. Smart business, Delph. He had so much spine, that he made contract to "pay" back all those years he was broken and did not want to walk away as a free agent. When he leaves, he can do it with clear conscience...

Has this been confirmed yet??

Being widely reported and very unlikely to be made up I would think - who has leaked the clause is the question ?

At least we get some sort of transfer fee if this is the case although it would makes Delph's words on signing somewhat hollow .

2q9w86r.png35db988.png

£10 million for him is pathetic. Once again we're selling one of our best in the team. Let's just face we're a supermarket for clubs.

Also Man City up to their plan of buying all the talent in the premier league and shoving them on the bench!

Archived