FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Official: Delph Joins Man City

Loyalvillan

According to the mirror!! (yes i know) Delph has a 10m release clause in his newly signed contract!!??

Thoughts??

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-city-eye-transfer-aston-5954973

“Each smallest act of kindness, reverberates across great distances and spans of time --affecting lives unknown to the one who’s generous spirit, was the source of this good echo. Because kindness is passed on and grows each time it’s passed until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage, years later, and far away. Likewise, each small meanness, each expression of hatred, each act of evil.”

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to the mirror!! (yes i know) Delph has a 10m release clause in his newly signed contract!!??

Thoughts??

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-city-eye-transfer-aston-5954973

Perhaps it was Delph who asked for that to be put into his contract on the understanding that he can leave cheaply. Remember, there were not too many clubs knocking on the door when he was 'supposed' to go.

image.jpg

i will be gutted to see delph leave for ten million ,, cant believe it

unless the new owners come up with proper money to replace him we are fucked

ten million ,,,,,he must be worth a least 15 , 20 or 25 or more at todays prices

i dont believe it ,,,,,,,,,,,this cant be true

he recently signed a new contract with us

just before the bournemouth 4th round fa cup tie

and said all this

The club has given me a great platform to perform and a great opportunity to showcase what I can do," he said.
"The fans have been great with me, the chairman has been absolutely fantastic with me and I have a great relationship with the manager and I see the boys here as my brothers, my family and I am delighted to stay here.
"I am a loyal person and committing my future will hopefully show everybody what type of guy I am.
"I feel like this is me - I love the club, I love being here and I want to put 100 per cent into everything I do here. This is my club and I want to be here. That's why I am committing my future.
"Hopefully it will give everyone a bit of a lift and show the fans that we are looking to do big things here and bring excitement back to the club.
"We want to get through this season, do well and I feel the up-and-coming years will be big.
"There was no way I was going to bail out. I am here for the long run.
"The fans have been the same. I am sure they will stick with us, help us get through this season and then looking into the future, it looks promising to me."

he has become an england regular with Villa ,,,,,,,,,,,why would he want to sit on man citys bench

i cant believe it

fliegetn0.gif

Very disappointing if true - would feel somewhat hoodwinked with these release clauses in contracts .

If true he will be gone as Sherwood cannot stop him.

I thought he signed a 4 year contract. He's not going anywhere unless Villa says so until his contract is up. Surely the clause only comes into effect if Villa allow it to otherwise Benteke would have gone as well. Is this right?

image.jpg

I thought he signed a 4 year contract. He's not going anywhere unless Villa says so until his contract is up. Surely the clause only comes into effect if Villa allow it to otherwise Benteke would have gone as well. Is this right?

No , if a club offer the fee required to trigger a release club then we cannot stop him going if he chooses to and same with benteke.

Only reason Benteke hasn't gone is no club has triggered the release clause but Delph is vastly lower , if true surely the clause should have been made higher than £10m ish?

2q9w86r.png35db988.png

like Eastie I feel hoodwinked by these "get out clauses"-- they-must be the

latest "fads" in modern day football!!

if true then £10million for Delph --a current regular England international is a bit miserly imo,and was wormed in nicely, he was already an international in January I believe--- the figure should be £14-£15m at the least!!

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

Archived