FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Scottish Football Thread 2015/16

B6!

The Scottish League Cup will be under next Season, but 2015-2016 has a few unresolved matters, primarily, who will succeed Alan Stubbs at Hibernian.

03/06/2016 : Rangers' Scottish League Cup group matches.

Rangers FC - Season Begins At Well

FIXTURES
Motherwell v Rangers – Saturday July 16, 3pm
Rangers v Annan Athletic – Tuesday July 19, 7.45pm
East Stirlingshire v Rangers – Friday 22 July, 7.45pm
Rangers v Stranraer – Monday 25 July, 7.45pm

AVFC RFC SAFC

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

03/06/2016 : It would be a rum do if Ally McCoist ended up at Hibernian (!), though the article mentions jobs in the English Championship, not the Scottish one. During his management at Rangers Ally McCoist became more than just the Manager. He was the one fixed point in a world in turmoil. Sadly his abilities as a manager did not match up to his abilities as a player, being yet another case of 'great players do not necessarily become great managers'.
Nevertherless I thank Ally McCoist for his long service to Rangers FC and wish him well in his future career.

Skysports - Former Rangers boss Ally McCoist wants to return to management

AVFC RFC SAFC

1 minute ago, Larry-AV said:

03/06/2016 : It would be a rum do if Ally McCoist ended up at Hibernian (!), though the article mentions jobs in the English Championship, not the Scottish one. During his management at Rangers Ally McCoist became more than just the Manager. He was the one fixed point in a world in turmoil. Sadly his abilities as a manager did not match up to his abilities as a player, being yet another case of 'great players do not necessarily become great managers'.
Nevertherless I thank Ally McCoist for his long service to Rangers FC and wish him well in his future career.

Skysports - Former Rangers boss Ally McCoist wants to return to management

I think ally is best suited for media gigs & question of sport,as a manager,ex-CB Sebastian faure said he was one of the lads at training getting his bare arse out & joking around with the team,training sessions was just a carry on he says,although he did enjoy his spell at rangers(faure),,

imo

m2ThHd1o-KvVhMbtbmLiE8Q.jpg

controversial_dimitri.png

Being 'one of the lads' is how I saw Ally McCoist as manager too, Dimitri. No harm in that in itself, provided the players do not take advantage of it (Gabby style). Fortunately Rangers' players were and are too professional to let themselves and the Club down. Ally McCoist's failure as a manager was due to his tactics, etc., often being called 'clueless' ... something we have heard plenty of times here too, about managers at AVFC !

AVFC RFC SAFC

4 minutes ago, Larry-AV said:

Being 'one of the lads' is how I saw Ally McCoist as manager too, Dimitri. No harm in that in itself, provided the players do not take advantage of it (Gabby style). Fortunately Rangers' players were and are too professional to let themselves and the Club down. Ally McCoist's failure as a manager was due to his tactics, etc., often being called 'clueless' ... something we have heard plenty of times here too, about managers at AVFC !

I agree,went about it the wrong way player wise & tactics etc,the players did respect him & did like him,walter smith always said a team that drinks togethers wins together,he was quite a quiet manager but behind closed doors was stern & didn't take any shite like most Scottish managers that what ally was kinda lacking,too much of a nic guy/one of the lads if ye know what i mean,he'l get a job no pronlem though through media

m2ThHd1o-KvVhMbtbmLiE8Q.jpg

controversial_dimitri.png

ally mccoist , what a lovely man i met him  at buckingham palace when a relative was getting the mbe , ally was getting his and barry mcguigan was getting his at the same time too , another lovely man

fliegetn0.gif

• B6! locked this topic
  • B6! unpinned this topic

Archived