B6!

Scottish Football Thread 2015/16

1,620 posts in this topic

You did know I was joking didn't you mate

yes of course mate lol,no offence at all,marching season makes me a bit edgy this time of year, especially when the annual one is in yer home town,and your a prisoner in your own home lol

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/33288684

Celtic have held talks with Manchester United defender Saidy Janko with a view to making him their second signing of the summer.

The 19-year-old Switzerland Under-19 international spent the end of last season on loan at Bolton Wanderers with former Celtic boss Neil Lennon.

Janko, a right-back, can also play as a central defender or a right-sided midfielder.

He was in Glasgow on Thursday discussing a permanent move.

After joining United from FC Zurich in 2013, Janko made his senior debut in a League Cup defeat by MK Dons last August.

He subsequently made 10 appearances for Bolton, scoring on his debut in Wanderers' win against Fulham in February.

Celtic have already signed defender Dedryck Boyata from Manchester City during the summer transfer window.

Away instead of Home, but the same opposition as last Season, so let's have the same result !

Scottish Challenge Cup R1 : Hibernian v Rangers

Scottish Challenge Cup R1 05/08/2014 : Rangers 2-1 Hibernian

Skysports - Rangers draw Hibernian in the Scottish Challenge Cup

Draw in full (alpha sorted) :

North:
Arbroath v Dunfermline
Brechin v Peterhead
Brora Rangers v Alloa Athletic
Cowdenbeath v Raith Rovers
East Stirling v Stenhousemuir
Elgin v Stirling Albion
Falkirk v East Fife
Forfar v Montrose

South:
Annan Athletic v Airdrieonians
Ayr United v Albion Rovers
Edinburgh City v Queen's Park
Hibernian v Rangers
Livingston v Clyde
Morton v Dumbarton
Queen of South v Stranraer
St Mirren v Berwick Rangers

Ties to be played Saturday, July 25th, 2015.

One of our own enjoying his football at Dundee FC

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/former-wolves-defender-aston-villa-9541281?fb_ref=Default#ICID=sharebar_facebook

Ben Priest left Wolverhampton Wanderers in January on a free
Ben-V-Rangers.png
Ben Priest in action for Dundee against Rangers

On deadline day of the winter transfer window this year, Wolves allowed Ben Priest to depart for Scottish Premier League outfit Dundee FC on a free transfer.

As a youngster making his way in football, it was a brave move, venturing away from his family into a different - albeit neighbouring - country.

The centre-back is currently a member of the Dark Blues’ development squad, and is biding his time until he earns himself the opportunity for a run in the first team.

Unfortunately for Priest, his time at Molineux was injury-strewn and he decided to move for the betterment of his career.

© David YoungBen-Dundee-tracksuit.png
Ben Priest at Dundee

He said: During 2014/15 pre-season I suffered a ruptured appendix which put me out for over 10 weeks.

“The team had made a strong start which meant there was limited pitch time for me in the U18s team.

"I knew that my chances of now getting a pro contract at the club were slim, so I took responsibility to ask for a meeting to discuss my future at the club.

“At this meeting they agreed that I could trial at other places to try find myself a new club.

"Wolves were brilliant and I appreciated all the effort they put in for me for the over all the years I was there.”

Ben-wolves-as-a-kid.jpgBen as a youngster at Wolves

Priest, who went to school in Kidderminster until he joined Wanderers’ academy at the under-12 group, has been kicking a ball since the age of four and points to his parents for the reasons behind wanting to become a professional.

He revealed: “I was brought up in a footballing family which influenced me to play football and see if I had any quality about me.

“My dad followed Aston Villa and England home and away, where he met my mum who also followed Villa.

“I’m a big Aston Villa fan and have had my season ticket for over 13 years, missing hardly any games.

VIEW GALLERYAston-Villas-Jack-Grealish.jpg

“No matter what happens at Dundee in the future, the club will always be close to my heart.”

Despite being utilised nowadays as a hard-hitting central defender, that wasn’t always the path Priest was destined to take.

“I actually started out as an attacking midfielder, which was the position in which I got scouted.

“Because of my physical presence and my height I got pushed back into the centre-back role which I adapted to well, using my my communication, organisation and my heading ability.”

At the tender age of 18, and six months into his one-and-a-half year deal, Priest is loving life in Scotland and admits he’s loving the camaraderie between the nationalities in the group of youngsters.

Dundee-Utd-Away-070515.jpgDundee's Ben Priest runs at Dundee United's Scott Fraser

He enthused: “As soon as I joined Dundee, I felt welcome and settled and I knew I’d made the right move.

“I get the odd joke and banter thrown at me but I’m not scared to give it back!

“We all have a laugh about it all but no one has ever been nasty or thrown abuse at me which I wouldn’t expect.

“Being one of the only English lads at the club I don’t think this has affected me as the Scottish lads are a great bunch and we have some decent banter.”

With his whole career ahead of him, would Priest ever consider a return to Molineux should the opportunity arise?

Molineux-the-home-stadium-of-WolverhamptMolineux the home stadium of Wolverhampton Wanderers

“I would never turn down a possible return to Wolves as I enjoyed my early years there and feel it is an amazing club only going upwards.

“But I do feel that Dundee could be the club for me long term if I continue to work hard and perform to the best of my ability which I know I can do.

“Dundee have been amazing to me and I am just focussed on repaying the faith the club have shown in me.”

hmm il keep an eye on preist good to hear he is a villan

star_crest.jpg

Birmingham-Citys-crest-to-commemorate-th

birminghams new badge and rangers badge

aye seen that conman,also flamengo fc from brazil have a similiar badge too

last nights pre-season freindly

celtic 2-0 den bosch

@st mirren park

(we are playing some home freindly games at st mirren fc ground because our stadium is getting a wee make over)

new signing,saidy janko,no bad guns on the big c**t i mind ah used to have guns like them :-(

Zh0cazLl.jpg

Pre-Season Friendly, Tuesday 21/07/2015 : Rangers v Burnley, KO 19:45 hours.

Rangers FC - Five Facts: Burnley

This will be the only game visible, from the link :

Rangers will complete their pre-season friendly programme with closed doors games in the coming weeks.

celtic 3-5 dukla prague,...useless cunts

pre-season freindly @st mirren park, todays result

Rangers new signing, lang hes an u18 scottish internationlist,suprised larry hasnt posted this

2qmjad5.jpg

I have seen nothing on the Rangers website regarding Tom Lang as yet, but the SSN report on Wes Foderingham from 03/07/2015 (below) also refers to 'teenage duo Jordan Gibson and Tom Lang on free transfers' and 'former Derby midfielder John Eustace'.

As usual I will post confirmed transfers once they have appeared on the Rangers website.

Skysports - Rangers sign goalkeeper Wes Foderingham on Bosman free transfer

I have seen nothing on the Rangers website regarding Tom Lang as yet, but the SSN report on Wes Foderingham from 03/07/2015 (below) also refers to 'teenage duo Jordan Gibson and Tom Lang on free transfers' and 'former Derby midfielder John Eustace'.

As usual I will post confirmed transfers once they have appeared on the Rangers website.

Skysports - Rangers sign goalkeeper Wes Foderingham on Bosman free transfer

you released a lot of players how many players right now have you got?( inc the above signings,),...its not that long untill the hibs game

you released a lot of players how many players right now have you got?( inc the above signings,),...its not that long untill the hibs game

The Rangers website still shows 14 first team players, Dimitri, with a further 18 in youth.

If John Eustace joins then it will be 15 and 20 players respectively.

Rangers FC - First Team {14}

Rangers FC - Professional & Youth {18}

celtic linked with genk striker jelle vossen im sure villa was linked with him a yr or 2 ago iirc,...2m hes rated

going to burnley

Scottish League Cup R1 : Rangers v Peterhead

Rangers FC - Gers Face Peterhead in League Cup

SPFL - League Cup first-round draw, 06/07/2015

Scottish League Cup first-round draw (alpha sorted) :

Annan Athletic v Queen of the South
Ayr United v Brechin City
Berwick Rangers v Alloa Athletic
Dunfermline Athletic v Cowdenbeath
East Fife v Dumbarton
Falkirk v East Stirlingshire
Greenock Morton v Elgin City
Heart of Midlothian v Arbroath
Hibernian v Montrose
Livingston v Clyde
Queen's Park v Forfar Athletic
Raith Rovers v Albion Rovers
Rangers v Peterhead
Stirling Albion v Airdrieonians
Stranraer v Stenhousemuir

Ties to be played on Saturday August 1st, 2015.

going to burnley

aye we are linked with young turkish striker nadir cifci from dundee utd,he's ok SPL/english championship standard,not impressed we have money well enough to find a hidden gem in europe as we have quite good scouts

Celtic have all but won the race to sign Real Madrid midfielder Martin Odegaard on loan, it has been claimed.

The Bhoys are keen on providing a home for Odegaard for the 2015/16 campaign as the Norwegian looks to secure regular first team football at a high level to further his development.

Celtic have an ace card in manager Ronny Deila, who coached Odegaard at his former club Stromsgodset. And that has not been lost on Odegaard, who is likely to struggle to play regularly under Rafael Benitez next term.

Now, according to Italian outlet Tutto Mercato, Celtic have all but won the race for Odegaard.

Real Madrid have favoured the 16-year-old remaining in Spain and heading on loan to a side in La Liga, but it appears Odegaard's desire to work with Deila may have won the day.

At Celtic, Odegaard could potentially play in the Champions League group stage, if the Bhoys can navigate the qualifying rounds; their bid starts later this month.

Real Madrid won the race for Odegaard's signature at the start of this year, beating off competition from a whole host of clubs, a group which included Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Liverpool and Celtic.

He has been turning out for their second string, Real Madrid Castilla, while training with the senior team.

Read more at http://www.insidefutbol.com/2015/07/...Qi8fQfTgeVo.99