Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

avstu

Thomas Huddlestone

Leicester-City-v-Hull-City-Premier-Leagu

Tim Sherwood will table a £5.5million bid for Tom Huddlestone after going to Hull and back again.

Aston Villa boss Sherwood has targeted the England midfielder following Jake Livermore’s drugs shame.

Sherwood had planned a summer swoop for Livermore - but he was forced to ditch his interest when the former Tottenham ace tested positive for cocaine after City’s 2-0 win at Crystal Palace two months ago.

Source: Mirror

Kendrick reporting huddlestone has just bought a home in the midlands for £1m from former cricketer graeme swann

Kendrick reporting huddlestone has just bought a home in the midlands for £1m from former cricketer graeme swann

The house in apparently in Caythorpe which is 20 odd miles closer to the KC than Villa park

5.5 million seems a bit steep to me,-----old Spuds connections maybe, but for that amount,i,d be tempted to look for something more.

5.5 million seems a bit steep to me,-----old Spuds connections maybe, but for that amount,i,d be tempted to look for something more.

Think they will have to take less than that freddy - old brucie cant expect to recoup that cash now they have gone down - i reckon £3.5m maybe.

Exactly the wrong midfielder at the wrong time. If we're going to nick anyone off Hull then it's got to be Diame if he has gotten over his knee injury?

Too sluggish and isn't the player he once was (who didn't exactly light up the world back them as it was)

Better to sign experienced players than the shite Lambert purchased !

Arguably Lambert was probably the worst manager this club has ever had so I'm not sure we should be using him as a yard stick for anything.

I'm all for signing a mixture of experience and youth but they have to have the right quality and attitude. Sadly those two attributes no longer apply to Huddlestone if they ever did in the first place.

We've signed too many mercenary players in the past on the downward spiral of their careers looking for one last big pay day and it has to stop now.

10400812_10153050792909151_6651879889843

He has just undergone ankle surgery so i doubt there is anything in that.

He has just undergone ankle surgery so i doubt there is anything in that.

A friend who's a doctor says it's not impossible, a minor keyhole procedure to clean out the joint and he should be a ble to do a medical within a week or so, He said he wouldn't recommend playing a match but running on a tread mill and an examination shouldn't be a problem

stewart downing had a broken foot when we signed him for ten million

then sold him for 20 million a few years later

stewart downing had a broken foot when we signed him for ten million

then sold him for 20 million a few years later

was thinking the same thing....but can you ever see Huddlestone becoming a 20m player?

No and can't see us paying ten million for huddlestone either

Tom Huddlestone ready to SNUB Aston Villa and stay with Hull

TOM HUDDLESTONE has handed Steve Bruce a massive boost by revealing he is ready to snub Aston Villa and stick with Hull.

Facebook

Published 20th June 2015

Huddlestone was expected to be among the procession of big names wanting to jump ship following the Tigers tumble into the Championship.

But the England midfielder, who is a £5.5million target for Villa after declaring he's not interested in joining Premier League new-boys Bournemouth, wants to help City make a first-time return to the top flight.

Huddlestone, 28, has told Bruce he is happy and settled at the KC - and has also assured his manager that he'll be fit and raring to go for the start of the season after an ankle injury.

Tom Huddlestone

STAYING PUT: Huddlestone is not looking to leave Hull [GETTY]

“Tom has been told the club are not looking to cash-in on him - and, in return, he's told them he is not looking to leave”

Source

A source revealed: "Tom has been told the club are not looking to cash-in on him - and, in return, he's told them he is not looking to leave.

"He hasn't played in the Championship since going on loan to Wolves a decade ago and, of course, he's not thrilled about the prospect of more action in the second tier.

"But, by the same token, he is settled and content on Humberside, and he is happy to stay. He has made it clear he's ready to help Hull get back to the Premier League at the first time of asking.

"It's great news for Steve because he is short of central midfielders as things stand at the moment, so it's really important to keep hold of Tom."