Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

avstu

Kieran Trippier

20 posts in this topic

Aston-Villas-Christian-Benteke-is-challe

Aston Villa’s pursuit of Kieran Trippier is still not dead despite the imminent arrival of Micah Richards.

Boss Tim Sherwood has his eyes on Burnley’s right-back as he plans to play Richards in a centre-back role, should his move go through, as expected.

Out-of-favour defender Matt Lowton could be used as a makeweight in the deal to entice Trippier to the Midlands.

And while both Tottenham and Liverpool are also keen on the English ace, Sherwood hopes he can convince the 24-year-old that switching to Villa Park is a better option.

Source: Birmingham Mail

Think he will end up at Spurs as they have no RB's. Wouldnt mind us going for Walker when Trippier ends up there

Think he will end up at Spurs as they have no RB's. Wouldnt mind us going for Walker when Trippier ends up there

They have no RB's? They have Walker and Yedlin.

They have no RB's? They have Walker and Yedlin.

Was being sarcastic mate. Hence why i said we should take Walker once they get Trippier

Was being sarcastic mate. Hence why i said we should take Walker once they get Trippier

Ahh sorry. Clearly went straight over my head.

I thought Burnley would have held out for more than that. I wonder if that means Kyle Walker is on his way.

I thought Burnley would have held out for more than that. I wonder if that means Kyle Walker is on his way.

Release clause mate

Release clause mate

Could be a bargain for Spurs then. Can't really remember much of him from the game at Villa park, did he play ? As even though we were p*ss poor their full backs were awful and we constantly got past them. The only player that did impress me that day was Heaton.

Could be a bargain for Spurs then. Can't really remember much of him from the game at Villa park, did he play ? As even though we were p*ss poor their full backs were awful and we constantly got past them. The only player that did impress me that day was Heaton.

Looks a good player for that price imo. Thought he played well against us

Looks a good player for that price imo. Thought he played well against us

Well my opinion on that game is we were below par yet still had a lot of chances and got in behind them on quite a few occasions.

if Kyle Walker was to become available, reckon he,d be worth a shout---I remember that screamer he put away in front of The Holte,,

might want to try to resurrect his England career,and having linked previously with Timbo at Spurs,Timbo could well help him to do so,

if Kyle Walker was to become available, reckon he,d be worth a shout---I remember that screamer he put away in front of The Holte,,

might want to try to resurrect his England career,and having linked previously with Timbo at Spurs,Timbo could well help him to do so,

Agreed , think he enjoyed his time at villa too.

i remember him scoring a great goal for (long run) Villa on his debut against his old club sheffield utd in the 3rd round of the FA cup

Walker is decent going forward but poor at defending. We already have that at the club.

I'd stick with Bacuna rather than sign Walker, he might not score the odd flash goal but his link up play is better and he's probably a better defender. Cheaper option too.

Walker is decent going forward but poor at defending. We already have that at the club.

Injury prone too.

Per the SSN whiteboard, KT has just passed his medical at Tottenham.