Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

anyone use uber ,,,,,,i do ,,,,,,,,its an app you download to your phone and use when you want a taxi

i have had it for a few months but only used it for the first time last night

i was pissed and fell asleep on the last bus home from town and ended up in chemsley wood

so instead of a long walk home i got my phone out ,,opened up the uber app and pressed request a taxi......thats it

it was there in minutes and dropped me home free of charge

i wont have to pay for any trips in future with cash as i have stored my card details on there

think you can also use pay pal

and you dont have to tip the driver

could be handy if your out and have no cash on you or have lost your wallet

i didnt even have to tell the driver where i was cos it uses gps to find you and i didnt even have to tell him where i lived because my home address is stored

https://www.uber.com/

if you sign up and you use this promo code 68nq6 your first taxi trip is free

and so will my next one because i recommended you lol but i am only doing it for you , not me

I've heard really good things about Uber. Don't have it where I live though. There are talks and rumours about getting it, but people seem to be less than enthusiastic about it. Not sure why. Hopefully someday though!

I've heard really good things about Uber. Don't have it where I live though. There are talks and rumours about getting it, but people seem to be less than enthusiastic about it. Not sure why. Hopefully someday though!

in birmingham the cabs that are not white are not too happy about it

in birmingham the cabs that are not white are not too happy about it

Ah I see. We have what seems like a million cab companies here. They don't like the idea at all. And for some reason a lot of the residents don't like it either. Safety concerns and what not. But everyone easily complains about everything here. If there isn't someone to complain about, they'll make up something to complain about. Uber would be great in this city but its change, and people don't like change

Ah I see. We have what seems like a million cab companies here. They don't like the idea at all. And for some reason a lot of the residents don't like it either. Safety concerns and what not. But everyone easily complains about everything here. If there isn't someone to complain about, they'll make up something to complain about. Uber would be great in this city but its change, and people don't like change

in cities all over the world where uber has been introduced there has been protests by taxi drivers

but at the end of the day its cheaper fares for the customers and easy to use

and safer for women on their own when they use taxis

what i like about it is no cash transaction

in the past i have lost credit cards and a phone will fumbling in my pockets for money to pay the taxi man

in cities all over the world where uber has been introduced there has been protests by taxi drivers

but at the end of the day its cheaper fares for the customers and easy to use

and safer for women on their own when they use taxis

what i like about it is no cash transaction

in the past i have lost credit cards and a phone will fumbling in my pockets for money to pay the taxi man

Oh for sure. And in turn safer for the cab drivers as well as they don't carry cash

uber was featured on the BBC1 consumer show watchdog last night with Anne robinson

people have been getting their accounts hacked and billed for journeys they havent taken

uber was featured on the BBC1 consumer show watchdog last night with Anne robinson

people have been getting their accounts hacked and billed for journeys they havent taken

Is that why you recommended it?

Only joking.

Is that why you recommended it?

Only joking.

lol

i recommended it because if anyone joins using the promotion code i gave

we would both get an extra free taxi trip

its only a few isolated accounts that have been hacked

if your not happy about storing bank details you can always use paypal

lol

i recommended it because if anyone joins using the promotion code i gave

we would both get an extra free taxi trip

its only a few isolated accounts that have been hacked

if your not happy about storing bank details you can always use paypal

Fair enough. I hadn't heard of it until you mentioned it, to be honest.

I have never heard of it before but will have a look now

Uber is fantastic and shits all over regular taxi service in Canada and the USA. It isn't here in Tbay where I live but when I venture to the big cities I always use it. You sign up with a credit card and it incluides tip and everything no money exchanged. After each journey you rate the driver, so if he's a w**ker you rate him poorly and uber deals with it. Once you use Uber (at least over here) you'll never want to get a normal taxi again.

Regular taxi companies are complaining but they have been gouging us for years and finally getting some Karma.

Uber taxi drivers have been taken to court in WA. They are not considered legal because they are not part of the regulated Taxi Service of WA. Also they are considered unsafe as anybody can become an Uber Taxi Driver. I use Uber Global for my Business Web Hosting. Haven't had any problems so far. They had a competition on a TV morning show over here between Uber and Taxi WA. Uber won on service, price comfort etc.

Uber taxi drivers have been taken to court in WA. They are not considered legal because they are not part of the regulated Taxi Service of WA. Also they are considered unsafe as anybody can become an Uber Taxi Driver. I use Uber Global for my Business Web Hosting. Haven't had any problems so far. They had a competition on a TV morning show over here between Uber and Taxi WA. Uber won on service, price comfort etc.

Don't you have to have record checks done to become an "über certified driver"? So, no, not anyone can become a driver. But I donsee what you're saying, and I understand you aren't against it. I just know that I haven't heard anything bad about it before. Would like to use it

This was in the local rag Klien:

She said while the state government encouraged "innovation in respect to delivering on-demand transport services and welcomes new entrants to the Western Australian market," she added "all transport operators in WA operating on a commercial basis must comply with the requirements of the Transport Co-ordination Act 1966 or the Taxi Act 1994".

She pointed out that any vehicle carrying passengers for hire or reward must be licensed as a taxi or an omnibus.

"Licensed vehicles must meet minimum vehicle standards and be inspected annually by DoT if driving in the metropolitan area.

"All properly licensed vehicles must also carry the correct compulsory third party insurance to protect drivers and passengers in the case of an accident.

Right, but as a business, über would ensure that their vehicles and drivers are up to code, would they not? So it's a non issue.

Right, but as a business, über would ensure that their vehicles and drivers are up to code, would they not? So it's a non issue.

Apparently it is as the WA Taxi Registration are taking Uber taxi drivers to court unless they purchase the correct legal documentation to make them comply with WA Law. I don't think it is going to be an easy fix. Perhaps WA Taxis have had it too easy for too long. I don't know how much a Taxi License is, but I don't think it is cheap and that is the problem.

Yeah I'm not sure either. From what I understand, taxi services that are regulated sell rights to smaller businesses to allow them to exist. Maybe über hasn't purchased those rights? I'm not sure what it entails in other countries though. I'd assume things are different everywhere. Hopefully it works out for them as they have a good thing going on

When I first looked at this I thought we'd signed a German player.

Sounds interesting but not sure if my personal bank details would be safe? I suppose you could use an account with limited funds so if hacked you wouldn't lose much as long as you don't use the same password for every personal account.

When I first looked at this I thought we'd signed a German player.

Sounds interesting but not sure if my personal bank details would be safe? I suppose you could use an account with limited funds so if hacked you wouldn't lose much as long as you don't use the same password for every personal account.

Connie said paypal is available - safer option .