FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Fifa Officials Charged With Corruption

Klein

So could the U.S.

You better believe that the driving force to the U.S. investigations started when they lost the 2022 bid to Qatar. If you think they're just going after these corrupt officials for sake of the sport, you'd be wrong. If 2018 or 2022 come up for bid again, I'd put money that it comes to the States.

maybe ireland could if fifa would like to donate bit more cash :good:

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So could the U.S.

You better believe that the driving force to the U.S. investigations started when they lost the 2022 bid to Qatar. If you think they're just going after these corrupt officials for sake of the sport, you'd be wrong. If 2018 or 2022 come up for bid again, I'd put money that it comes to the States.

Yes the US could, and the fact FIFA screwed you over is as you say undoubtedly why the FBI have gone after FIFA but i will be amazed if 2018 or 2022 come back up for bid as both Russia and Qatar got the WC because they have influence, that and the fact they would sue the arse off FIFA if bidding was reopened.

But if the tournaments should come up again and the USA got one it might not be down to bribary but it would have a strong stench of blackmail as the suspicion would be that you were awarded it for easing off on any investigation or sentence handed down.

As much as i hate the idea its probably best all round that the bids are just left as they are and all the efforts are put into reforming FIFA from top to bottom, get rid of the whole bloody lot and start again, first thing on the agenda would be that all FIFA presidents and vice presidents would be in place for just one fixed 4 year term, after that they no longer work for FIFA.

Or just remove the bidding process all together, any nation capable that wants to hold a WC could put itself forward, with just the proviso in place that no nation could hold more than one WC every 40 years and let the highest placed team at a WC get the next tournament if it meets the proviso, in the event of more than one team qualifying for it sort it on the pitch.

Looks like the Irish fa took a bung to keep quite about thieri henris hand ball that stopped them qualifying

5 million it looks like. Dirty

Delaney is an idiot and, it seems, corrupt. Like father, like son.

Crazy stuff. The reality is there was no legal case but it seems Blatter just through money at the F.A.I to shut them up.

While this is really wrong if and it's a very big if, the money is accountable as the F.A.I claim then f*ck FIFA and I'm glad it went into our stadium as suggested. Delaney is a complete clown but if he chanced 5 million off FIFA so be it and what were FIFA thinking.

Hopefully the F.A.I will topple now as they need to be cleared out from the top.

More and more I think about this , I'm thinking Delaney was right to take it, we invested in our team to get to a major tournaments, we were cheated by the hand of frog and then laughed at by blatter , I say take there money np.

Delaney gets a lot of stick from irish fans and half of it may be deserved, but this man is as big a fan as we are and I here so many say they want a man at top of villa who loves football , which is exactly we we have at fai

Just said I'd say my view on it and maybe defend my fellow tipp man

More and more I think about this , I'm thinking Delaney was right to take it, we invested in our team to get to a major tournaments, we were cheated by the hand of frog and then laughed at by blatter , I say take there money np.

Delaney gets a lot of stick from irish fans and half of it may be deserved, but this man is as big a fan as we are and I here so many say they want a man at top of villa who loves football , which is exactly we we have at fai

Just said I'd say my view on it and maybe defend my fellow tipp man

England fans in good humour today in Dublin

singing songs about John delaney and bribes

In Dublin's fair city

Where girls are so pretty

I first set my eyes on an envelope brown.

As I filled my wheelbarrow

With notes broad and narrow

We built the Aviva in old Dublin town

[CHORUS]

A-bribe a-bribe O-oh

A-bribe a bribe-o-oh,

Singing thanks to you FIFA

A-bribe, a-bribe oh.

and to the tune of the wild rover

We took cash from FIFA for many a year,

And we didn't waste it on whisky and beer

We built the Aviva, as you see before

And we swear we will take bribes from FIFA no more,

And it's no, nay, never (dum dum de dum)

No nay never no more

Will we take (hay) bribes from FIFA

No never no more.

ok for the next verse i have written the lyrics all by myself

i went into a stadium i used to frequent

and i told a policeman Delaney is bent

he asked me to pay in i answered him nay

cos i cant earn 5 million every day

and its no nay never ,,,,

no nay never mo more

will Thieri Henri ,,,,,,,,,hand ball score no more

http://www.sportsjoe.ie/football/englands-football-fans-are-coming-up-with-some-great-songs-about-john-delaney/27619

fliegetn0.gif

Archived