FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Fifa Officials Charged With Corruption

Klein

Just got a notification saying that the FBI are investigating into the bidding of the World Cups in Russia and Qatar. It'll be interesting to see what happens

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Football is rotten from top to bottom, wide scale coruption might only exist at FIFA but the whole bloody thing is morally bankrupt and just about money. I find it hard to take Platini serious when he criticises FIFA when European football is just one giant exercise in making money.

I suspect in the next few days we will discover what prompted Blatters U turn, i think they have information on him.

I have no real problem with Russia getting a world cup it is an established footballing nation but Qatar is taking the p*ss it is no more suitable for a world cup than it is the winter olympics.

As per previous posts, I think if it is discovered that bribes were accepted for either of the world cups, then a re vote should take place. Diddums if they don't win it again.

mzjj.jpg

lot more to come from this FBI interpol fifa corruption investigation

only a matter of time before quatar loose the right to hold the 2022 world cup

how did russia get the 2018 world cup when England put forward the best bid

i remember when it was announced russis had won with thier bid and roman abramovich had a very sly smirk on his face

wouldnt be suprised if his dirty money was behind the bunging that got russia named as 2018 hosts

trouble is there may not be enough time to reverse it now ,,,,,,

although a lot has happened this week and if it carries on at this pace

russia could be stripped of it in the next few weeks

we have all the stadiums built and infrastructure ready to host it so you never know ,,,,,,,,,,fingers crossed

Euro 96 was a brilliant tournament

i was at the opening match at wembley when england played the swiss

and at villa park i sat with the dutch fans to see them play scotland and switzerland

and i also attended the quarter final portugal v cheque republic at villa park

England havent hosted the world cup since 66

but now that something is being done about the corruption

football could once again be coming home

fliegetn0.gif

i wouldnt mind seeing england getting it,got the stadiums,a nation that loves it footy,also euro96 was good

england/spain or usa should host it imo

If there were any sense of fairness about the bidding system England would have hosted or at least be due to host it again by now. Spain and the USA have both held it since we last did, Mexico and Germany have both held it twice since we last did and several other countries have held it twice. The nation that gave the game to the world has held it once nearly 50 years ago and is unlikely to get it any time soon despite having the infrastructure in place and putting in the best bids.

We may be crap at international level but more than any other this is the nation fans across the globe look to and a tournament here would be a huge success.

If there were any sense of fairness about the bidding system England would have hosted or at least be due to host it again by now. Spain and the USA have both held it since we last did, Mexico and Germany have both held it twice since we last did and several other countries have held it twice. The nation that gave the game to the world has held it once nearly 50 years ago and is unlikely to get it any time soon despite having the infrastructure in place and putting in the best bids.

We may be crap at international level but more than any other this is the nation fans across the globe look to and a tournament here would be a huge success.

i honestly thought the reason in the past (when i say past i mean like 1980s-1990s) that you didnt get the world cup was due to england been known for violent fans. while it has tamed probs bigtime in the last 15-20 years i thought the question mark still hung over the land of whether it was safe or not....

now i know we can look at other countries and point the finger at the likes of italy or even how much crime is in the states or that south africa is not exactly the known for its friendliest of spots. but my answer above is only talking about england.

newcomer.png

i honestly thought the reason in the past (when i say past i mean like 1980s-1990s) that you didnt get the world cup was due to england been known for violent fans. while it has tamed probs bigtime in the last 15-20 years i thought the question mark still hung over the land of whether it was safe or not....

now i know we can look at other countries and point the finger at the likes of italy or even how much crime is in the states or that south africa is not exactly the known for its friendliest of spots. but my answer above is only talking about england.

That was the reason given which is why i think there is a lack of fairness, we have put a hell of an effort into cleaning up our game and yet major tournaments continue to go to nations with far worse problems.

The Italians got it in 1990 but fans stabbing opposition fans was commonplace at least as far back as the early 80s, because several Villa fans were stabbed when we played Juve in '83 and at Heysel they attacked the Liverpool fans and then crushed each other in the stampede when Liverpool fans fought back. Not to dissimilar to what happened the year before in Brussels when we played Anderlecht, the segregation was almost none existent and then to chants of Argentina ( this was at the time of the Falklands ) we suddenly found ourselves been bombarded with missiles.....they started it and we finished it but we got all the blame.

Archived