Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Loyalvillan

Life Without Benteke

He is hot property at the moment and to be fair to him he could become one of the best strikers in the world (IMO) very soon! but he will need to play with world class players to get to his potential!!

Holding on to him if he continues to shine for the last 3 games of this football season will be difficult, but a decent return on him in the 30m neighborhood will allow us to move forward on the whole if Sherwood is assured the "traditional 20m kitty"

I think Benteke is destined for the heights of CL football and it is maybe naive to suggest he will remain at Villa long term!

But who would we sign to replace him? Wages and transfer fee are an issue as always but can we attract or identify anyone gem like him??

“Each smallest act of kindness, reverberates across great distances and spans of time --affecting lives unknown to the one who’s generous spirit, was the source of this good echo. Because kindness is passed on and grows each time it’s passed until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage, years later, and far away. Likewise, each small meanness, each expression of hatred, each act of evil.”

Hey, first post! Are we all just giving up on Helenius?

Pretty much i reckon!!

Welcome to the forum!

“Each smallest act of kindness, reverberates across great distances and spans of time --affecting lives unknown to the one who’s generous spirit, was the source of this good echo. Because kindness is passed on and grows each time it’s passed until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage, years later, and far away. Likewise, each small meanness, each expression of hatred, each act of evil.”

How depressing Mike :lol: I'd like to think we'll strengthen AND keep the big man

mzjj.jpg

Hey, first post! Are we all just giving up on Helenius?

welcome richard

the season helenius arrived i watch him a lot over the preseason and looked like a good player in them games, but you look at his record this season in much weaker lg then the english prem and its only 12 goals in 42 games, there is nothing i would like more then helenius to come back and prove me wrong but cant see it, even as poor at times lambert was he looked to have lost faith in helenius during preseason because kozak signing looked very much like a panic buy the day it happend.

me personally would go buy Blackburns ruddy gustead if we lose or hold onto benteke

We may win this FA cup and attract a big buyer, then the likes of Bentekke may want to stay as the business plan suddenly changes, we just don't know what is ahead.

We lucked out with Benteke, but who knows, maybe we'll do it again? We seem to have scouts all over the place. Sign his brother up.

Call me naïve but I think he will stick around one more season for us at least.... We have a good thing starting under Tim..... He could stay and become even more of a vocal point in what will no doubt be an improved and hungry squad..... Why not try and give it a go and be even more of a Holte End hero and try and fire us to Europe?

That being said if he goes I image we will get in the region of 40mil which wouldn't be a bad thing and give TS a large kitty to put back into the club.......

I think we are better off reworking his wage once again and putting him on what we often deem "silly" money. Put him on a 100k a week and keep building......

tumblr_lpax8yxyfy1qip14mo1_500.gif

meetmember.png          member.png

i think he has 2 years left on his contract ,,,,,,,,,,be nice if he extended it

we could get 35 million for him this summer

less next year cos he will only have one year left

and if he stops 2 more seasons ,, he will leave for f*ck all (we wont get a penny for him)

might be best to cash in now

fliegetn0.gif

didnt sherwood say nobody will be leaving this window??

we are in the black with no need to sell

newcomer.png