FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Transfer Talk (2015)

callum_sleezby

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Villa in Brissiengham said:

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/487681/EXCLUSIVE-Guus-Hiddink-told-he-can-t-buy-a-new-striker-unless-this-Chelsea-star-is-sold

Wonder if this could assist us in getting Loic Remy in? Would certainly add firepower up front

absolutely no chance ,,, here is a quote from our new chairman Stephen Hollis that he made yesterday

"" The club needs shaking up , but spending money on players is not the solution ""

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35312385

fliegetn0.gif

I got the impression he meant just throwing money at the players without the right structures won't work.  Not saying I agree with it all, just my take on what they meant. I think if we offload Gabby and N'Zogbia and a couple of others Remi would get the ok to spend the cash.

3 hours ago, Patrick said:

absolutely no chance ,,, here is a quote from our new chairman Stephen Hollis that he made yesterday

"" The club needs shaking up , but spending money on players is not the solution ""

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35312385

Er yes it is Steve. The team that played against Palace is our best line up. If any of these players get injured then we are back to square 1. Spending money on the correct players is the only solution. We are miles away from being a serious threat to the EPL. We need new players that want to play and have the ability to last the full 90 minutes. If you want to impress the fans go out and find £50 million from your wealthy clients that can be spent on new players. You might know a lot about finance but your football knowledge is sh*t if that's what you think.

image.jpg

3 hours ago, Perth Villan said:

Er yes it is Steve. The team that played against Palace is our best line up. If any of these players get injured then we are back to square 1. Spending money on the correct players is the only solution. We are miles away from being a serious threat to the EPL. We need new players that want to play and have the ability to last the full 90 minutes. If you want to impress the fans go out and find £50 million from your wealthy clients that can be spent on new players. You might know a lot about finance but your football knowledge is sh*t if that's what you think.

Reading between the lines I think what he's saying is

We accept the almost certain prospect of relegation from the premier league.

Therefore during this transfer window we will not be signing any premier league players on premier league contracts and we won't be taking any players on loan that demand premier league wages. 

But there will be a huge shake up in the summer and we will have a completely different squad for next season in the Championship

fliegetn0.gif

1 hour ago, Patrick said:

Reading between the lines I think what he's saying is

We accept the almost certain prospect of relegation from the premier league.

Therefore during this transfer window we will not be signing any premier league players on premier league contracts and we won't be taking any players on loan that demand premier league wages. 

But there will be a huge shake up in the summer and we will have a completely different squad for next season in the Championship

Hopefully your right Pat. Because this lot need a bloody good shake up.

image.jpg

• avstu unpinned this topic

Archived