Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

callum_sleezby

Transfer Talk (2015)

we will only attract over the hill players like Ashley Cole looking for a payday and others of his ilk! (look at QPR) and players from lower/lesser leagues looking for bigger wages and a chance to showcase themselves!

Our current position will make it difficult if not impossible to get the quality and hungry players we need!!

Who would want to come to a club bound for the 2nd tier of English football!!??

17 hours ago, Loyalvillan said:

we will only attract over the hill players like Ashley Cole looking for a payday and others of his ilk! (look at QPR) and players from lower/lesser leagues looking for bigger wages and a chance to showcase themselves!

Our current position will make it difficult if not impossible to get the quality and hungry players we need!!

Who would want to come to a club bound for the 2nd tier of English football!!??

Loyal I believe if we can get a few players on loan that are from the top 4 clubs and chelsea who want to prove to their teams that they have what it takes then you have hungry players but I do agree you wont be able to buy players with the same hunger due to where we are in the league. But saying this we could buy players from foreign leagues and get that same hunger to progress. I for one dont think we have a chance staying up especially after both Newcastle and Bournmouth won at the weekend.  

1 hour ago, richyd said:

Gill is off back to Spain. Can't blame him really. Never gets played

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/carles-gil-ready-to-quit-aston-villa-and-return-to-spain

I think we need to consider the source of the claim!! not very reliable at all! all depends on what Remi thinks of him and what he will say to him!!

but if he goes IMO we will have less options from a creative and attacking point of view!!

if he goes then Remi best sort out an adequate replacement for him!

Will be an interesting window and hopefully we will have business done by the Leicester game.

not sure Lerner will spend much now as our fate is virtually sealed after the gutless display at Norwich 

Does anyone know much about this guy Wahbi Khazri we're linked to? Young, highly regarded by the looks and known to both Remi and Reginald Ray which would appear to give it substance. His goal scoring record seems decent, don't follow French football myself. 

3 hours ago, Villa in Brissiengham said:

Does anyone know much about this guy Wahbi Khazri we're linked to? Young, highly regarded by the looks and known to both Remi and Reginald Ray which would appear to give it substance. His goal scoring record seems decent, don't follow French football myself. 

never heard of him ,,,,in fact i have had enough of french players i have never heard of before and  dont want any more

we need big strong 6 foot plus British players willing to run through a brick wall for the Villa if we are going to do any good in the Championship next season

2 minutes ago, Patrick said:

never heard of him ,,,,in fact i have had enough of french players i have never heard of before and  dont want any more

we need big strong 6 foot plus British players willing to run through a brick wall for the Villa if we are going to do any good in the Championship next season

Nice one Patrick. Totally agree but I think those days have gone. Why is it that we don't see these type of players anymore. Surely they must be out there. I know I'm sounding like an old fart, but I remember the days when we only had British players. What the fcuk happened to the good old British Centre Forward? We need to cut down on imports and have a maximum of 2 imports only. If we don't, then you can kiss goodbye to British players. 

2 hours ago, Villa in Brissiengham said:

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/487681/EXCLUSIVE-Guus-Hiddink-told-he-can-t-buy-a-new-striker-unless-this-Chelsea-star-is-sold

Wonder if this could assist us in getting Loic Remy in? Would certainly add firepower up front

absolutely no chance ,,, here is a quote from our new chairman Stephen Hollis that he made yesterday

"" The club needs shaking up , but spending money on players is not the solution ""

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35312385

I got the impression he meant just throwing money at the players without the right structures won't work.  Not saying I agree with it all, just my take on what they meant. I think if we offload Gabby and N'Zogbia and a couple of others Remi would get the ok to spend the cash.

3 hours ago, Patrick said:

absolutely no chance ,,, here is a quote from our new chairman Stephen Hollis that he made yesterday

"" The club needs shaking up , but spending money on players is not the solution ""

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35312385

Er yes it is Steve. The team that played against Palace is our best line up. If any of these players get injured then we are back to square 1. Spending money on the correct players is the only solution. We are miles away from being a serious threat to the EPL. We need new players that want to play and have the ability to last the full 90 minutes. If you want to impress the fans go out and find £50 million from your wealthy clients that can be spent on new players. You might know a lot about finance but your football knowledge is sh*t if that's what you think.

3 hours ago, Perth Villan said:

Er yes it is Steve. The team that played against Palace is our best line up. If any of these players get injured then we are back to square 1. Spending money on the correct players is the only solution. We are miles away from being a serious threat to the EPL. We need new players that want to play and have the ability to last the full 90 minutes. If you want to impress the fans go out and find £50 million from your wealthy clients that can be spent on new players. You might know a lot about finance but your football knowledge is sh*t if that's what you think.

Reading between the lines I think what he's saying is

We accept the almost certain prospect of relegation from the premier league.

Therefore during this transfer window we will not be signing any premier league players on premier league contracts and we won't be taking any players on loan that demand premier league wages. 

But there will be a huge shake up in the summer and we will have a completely different squad for next season in the Championship

1 hour ago, Patrick said:

Reading between the lines I think what he's saying is

We accept the almost certain prospect of relegation from the premier league.

Therefore during this transfer window we will not be signing any premier league players on premier league contracts and we won't be taking any players on loan that demand premier league wages. 

But there will be a huge shake up in the summer and we will have a completely different squad for next season in the Championship

Hopefully your right Pat. Because this lot need a bloody good shake up.