callum_sleezby

Transfer Talk (2015)

1,896 posts in this topic

Am I the only one not opposed to Adebayor? Lol

Possibly. Too old and too big an ego, not to mention these 'personal issues' that have been dragging on for about a year now.

papers are saying, talks have opened up between benteke and liverpool

Has to be pure BS there is no way this would be allowed to kick off before the cup final. If it is true we're in for another hard summer

Possibly. Too old and too big an ego, not to mention these 'personal issues' that have been dragging on for about a year now.

Has to be pure BS there is no way this would be allowed to kick off before the cup final. If it is true we're in for another hard summer

if he has a clause and its met, as far as i know we cant do anything about it. when does the summer window offically open? surely its still early as the likes of the champions league and the FA cup finals havent been played yet.....

i normally dont read into the papers say about much, but if it is 40m that liverpool are willing to spend on benteke. and we are to get last seasons summer money that wasnt spent, plus the 20m we get normally. surely thats around 70m for us to spend in the window??

it be the perfect time to cash in if that was the size of the war chest

Am I the only one not opposed to Adebayor? Lol

No. Eastie is not opposed to him coming here either.

If Benteke does leave then I'd go for Gomis at Swansea. A bit raw still but improving and will be very good.

Really depends how Sherwood wants us to play though and we may not go for a similar type of striker?

papers are saying, talks have opened up between benteke and liverpool

Anything to create a distraction for the club - the cockney press would hate to see villa win the cup .

Stand by for more stories in the week .

No. Eastie is not opposed to him coming here either.

If Benteke does leave then I'd go for Gomis at Swansea. A bit raw still but improving and will be very good.

Really depends how Sherwood wants us to play though and we may not go for a similar type of striker?

If adebayor played for is as he did under Sherwood then yes - wouldn't rule him out but I'm open minded to the idea.

People wanting Adebayor and Gomis to replace Benteke? WOW

Not me my man I want Sinclair and Austin to replace Andi and Gabby. And keep Benteke

Not me my man I want Sinclair and Austin to replace Andi and Gabby. And keep Benteke

Still not sure on Sinclair but seems a small step up from Weimann, think someone mentioned him on the forum but Mitrovic from Anderlecht would be a good signing, would love someone like Vietto alongside Benteke

gomis is a good player but he has somethin weird wrong with him that he can just faint or collapse at any moment.

40m to replace benteke and then to strengthen the team with an extra 30m on top. we could add say in 4-5 areas and go from there. first team like in defense could become squad players a new keeper and well i suppose it be hard to replace beneteke but for say 20m i can imagine we could get someone in decent.

deals i hate though are players plus cash. always feel there heart is not in it when a player comes in like that

Nothing odd about that - you will get many names suggested on a forum - those are 2 premiership players with clubs above us and in adebayor case he has done it for top too clubs at arsenal , city and Spurs .

He was electric under Sherwood at Spurs so perfectly merits a mention - nothing wow about that or about goMis being mentioned .

gomis is a good player but he has somethin weird wrong with him that he can just faint or collapse at any moment.

40m to replace benteke and then to strengthen the team with an extra 30m on top. we could add say in 4-5 areas and go from there. first team like in defense could become squad players a new keeper and well i suppose it be hard to replace beneteke but for say 20m i can imagine we could get someone in decent.

deals i hate though are players plus cash. always feel there heart is not in it when a player comes in like that

Gomis is very hit and miss so wouldnt want him here and yes he does have a heart condition

I would rather we sell a few players like Weimann, Tonev, N'Zogbia, Lowton, Cissokho, Helenious and then use the usual 20m and strengthen around the likes of Benteke Grealish Delph Cleverley(hopefully we sign him) Clark

Nothing odd about that - you will get many names suggested on a forum - those are 2 premiership players with clubs above us and in adebayor case he has done it for top too clubs at arsenal , city and Spurs .

He was electric under Sherwood at Spurs so perfectly merits a mention - nothing wow about that or about goMis being mentioned .

Has personal issues, is on a stupid wage, has a big ego. I would not want him at our club

Gomis may be hIt and miss but damn sight better than Weimann, helenius or gabby .

We would all like to keep Benteke and I think a lot may depend on Saturdays result .

Has personal issues, is on a stupid wage, has a big ego. I would not want him at our club

There are other more viable options I agree but I'm not dismissing the idea totally - depends what finances Sherwood has at his disposal.

after seeing his workrate on sunday---even more so with Burnley being down--I would luv to see Danny Ings wearing our Claret and Blue next season,irrespective of whether Christian stays or goes,

To clarify I don't want Benteke to leave. However should he leave if you read my previous post it might well be that we do not replace Benteke with the same type of striker as the manager might want to play without a big man upfront preferring one or two smaller, nippier strikers.

Gomis would be a like for like replacement considering style of forward and for me he has as much potential as Benteke when he first arrived. Whether he fulfils that potential is another matter but has been steadily improving at Swansea and would already have Premiership experience.

The bottom line is though it is going to be nearly impossible to replace Benteke with the same quality as that type of quality will not go to a club who has just finished one place above the drop zone and would be looking for CL football with wages to match.

after seeing his workrate on sunday---even more so with Burnley being down--I would luv to see Danny Ings wearing our Claret and Blue next season,irrespective of whether Christian stays or goes,

By all accounts going to Liverpool.

A cup winning team and European football would be a better carrot to offer potential signings - I think if we win on Saturday Benteke might stay another year.

Ings I don't think would score enough goals for us .

strker,.. Soriano from red bull Salzburg would be a good signing alongside beneteke imo

Yeah, I'd much prefer we hold on to Benteke but given Adebayor's track record with Sherwood he may not be a bad replacement if we had to sell CB. And I would assume we would bring in other players along with him.

Agree, thought he was a decent player but he was very good with the ball at his feet and even his header was pretty good. Shame that he will probably go elsewhere though

strker,.. Soriano from red bull Salzburg would be a good signing alongside beneteke imo

Has been banging them in there but the Austrian league is pretty shite, his strike partner Alan left and hasnt done much since leaving for China

To clarify I don't want Benteke to leave. However should he leave if you read my previous post it might well be that we do not replace Benteke with the same type of striker as the manager might want to play without a big man upfront preferring one or two smaller, nippier strikers.

Gomis would be a like for like replacement considering style of forward and for me he has as much potential as Benteke when he first arrived. Whether he fulfils that potential is another matter but has been steadily improving at Swansea and would already have Premiership experience.

The bottom line is though it is going to be nearly impossible to replace Benteke with the same quality as that type of quality will not go to a club who has just finished one place above the drop zone and would be looking for CL football with wages to match.

Mitrovic is probabaly a more viable option, target man just like both and has more potential then a 29 year Gomis imo, guess time will tell

aye alan looked good aswell,I know the Austrian leaue aint great but you got to start somewhere

aye alan looked good aswell,I know the Austrian leaue aint great but you got to start somewhere

Agree, the Belgian league isn't up to much either, and we know a certain gem who came from there.