Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

callum_sleezby

Transfer Talk (2015)

If Fox's ambition about making us great again is true then we don't want to be letting out best players go, otherwise we'll never catch up with the top paying clubs...

I agree we need to keep him not cash in on him

Guest Morpheus

We may not have a choice. Contracts mean feck all now if the player wants to leave.

I think Tim will have the conversation that will go along the lines of

"Look you could join Liverpool this season, or maybe even Arsenal, they may pay you more than here, but how long until you're bigger than them, you're playing great football here, with fans who love watching you play, hold out until the real big big boys come knocking, the likes of Real need an overhaul, Bayern need an overhaul, United need a good forward in the next 2 years, Aguero's going to leave City who will replace him? You need to hold out for the right bid not just any bid!"

There are a few young players I think we should be interested in, Amos, Wilson, Garbutt and Flanagan are 4, but they need to play football to develop rather than sit on the bench and I don't know if they are good enough to play week in week out.

As for some of the others, Drogba no, past it he'd struggle to score in the championship with total lack of pace, actually wouldn't be surprised to see Chelski make a bid for Benteke. Johnson will want too much money and we already have a good attacking FB who can't really defend in Bacuna. Not sure about Richards, never lived up to his potential and I can see someone like Liverpool paying him stupid wages to sit in the medical centre getting treatment. Borac is past it, he was never that good in the first place and he wants to play not be a sub. I wouldn't touch Barton with Lambert's.

Garbutt is fantastic. A cheaper (and better imo) option than Robertson, who we have recently been linked with. Flanagan? Maybe. Ings a definite but will go to Liverpool. Cleverley is a must. Amos is a decent prospect, but we need someone to come straight into the team. If we could get just one out of Wilson, Richards, Milner and/or Guidetti, id be happy

Abou Diaby= Good player but injury prone and if he was fit would get a high level European club.

Danny Ings= Good poacher, but I think he'll get a bigger club than us.

Jon Flanagan= Again talented but injury prone. I think he's out for six months anyway.

Micah Richards= I'd definitely take a punt if he was willing to take a sensible wage.

Tom Cleverley and James Wilson= I think Cleverley is a must based on current form, seems revitalised. Wilson would be as good a signing as Ings but I'd imagine he'll be offered a new contract at Utd.

Ryan Taylor= As good a defender as Lowton and as good going forward as Bacuna. Decent but not needed.

Wilson Palacios= My wildcard is Palacios. What happened this guy? I feel if Sherwood got him ticking he could be a great addition because I have no faith in Sanchez.

The rest are all Championship players at this stage, if even.

Abou Diaby= Good player but injury prone and if he was fit would get a high level European club.

Danny Ings= Good poacher, but I think he'll get a bigger club than us.

Jon Flanagan= Again talented but injury prone. I think he's out for six months anyway.

Micah Richards= I'd definitely take a punt if he was willing to take a sensible wage.

Tom Cleverley and James Wilson= I think Cleverley is a must based on current form, seems revitalised. Wilson would be as good a signing as Ings but I'd imagine he'll be offered a new contract at Utd.

Ryan Taylor= As good a defender as Lowton and as good going forward as Bacuna. Decent but not needed.

Wilson Palacios= My wildcard is Palacios. What happened this guy? I feel if Sherwood got him ticking he could be a great addition because I have no faith in Sanchez.

The rest are all Championship players at this stage, if even.

Apart from being unnecessary I think Taylor is probably done at the top level, 30 years old and 2 serious knee injuries in as many years.

The Palacios question is worth asking, is there something wrong or has he just fallen out with the manager, through less than 40 appearances in 4 seasons is worrying

Apart from being unnecessary I think Taylor is probably done at the top level, 30 years old and 2 serious knee injuries in as many years.

The Palacios question is worth asking, is there something wrong or has he just fallen out with the manager, through less than 40 appearances in 4 seasons is worrying

I'm sorry but Palacios is pony, wouldn't have him play for my 5 a side team..

He had a death in his family and has never been the same, was a good prospect at Wigan

Charlie Austin is a great target considering Bentekes normally uncertain summer future!!

Charlie Austin is a great target considering Bentekes normally uncertain summer future!!

Good shout but whatever we do I will be happy if we do our business early and show positive intent instead of dragging the summer out until the end of August

Guest Morpheus

Rosicky available on a free at Arsenal. Injury prone yes but maybe one more season left in him if on realistic wages.

Press reports today that Milner will snub arsenal and join Liverpool for £100k a week - good signing for them if so.

Press reports today that Milner will snub arsenal and join Liverpool for £100k a week - good signing for them if so.

I think he'd fit into that team really well, they have really missed energy in midfield since Gerard got old.

Guest Morpheus

Thought it would be a good idea to encompass all summer transfer rumours in and out in one thread concerning Villa rather than have a plethora of threads on each player we are linked to. Keeps it tidy and less clicking on the old keyboard.

We could also start a separate one to encompass other team's transfers rumours but I'll leave that open just in case the powers that be say no?

So Benteke is finally linked to a move to Liverpool with Lambert as part of the deal!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-use-rickie-lambert-bait-5754508

Away you go guys and gals and discuss.

Non-story, it wasn't Sherwood going after Lambert or at least I don't think it was. Lambert didn't want to come here and that's a big red flag for me anyways.

Guest Morpheus

Lambert was a lot closer to coming here (on his own admittance) than some might think.

we are apparently in for vardy too from leicester for another 15m. buy austin and vardy and the 2 lads from swindon if true, sure we have only spent a measly 33.5m lol. might aswell get a new goal keeper in too, i hear cech is available lol