FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Christian Benteke

avstu

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Loyalvillan said:

a 32.5 million signing who cannot even make the bench is a failure by any standard!

But who's real failure is it??? certainly not Benteke's IMO. Another player BR bought and tried to shoehorn into system not suited to the big man . CB will score goals for fun in the right team, he was poorly advised and that move was all about immediate money for his agent. Very short sighted by kismet. 

All I'm reading here is what is required to make Benteke a better player. Yes he scored at Villa but he was a sulky, lazy player who wouldn't play if he didn't want to. He nearly sh*t himself to sign for Liverpool and everyone is saying their style of play doesn't suit him. Surely he must have done some homework on them? I'm not sure who is suitable for him in the EPL. Perhaps he needs to move back into Europe. At the moment I think only imo Leicester would have the correct style of play for him. 

image.jpg

7 hours ago, Perth Villan said:

All I'm reading here is what is required to make Benteke a better player. Yes he scored at Villa but he was a sulky, lazy player who wouldn't play if he didn't want to. He nearly sh*t himself to sign for Liverpool and everyone is saying their style of play doesn't suit him. Surely he must have done some homework on them? I'm not sure who is suitable for him in the EPL. Perhaps he needs to move back into Europe. At the moment I think only imo Leicester would have the correct style of play for him. 

Leicester?

I know they play direct and long ball football, but they do it differently the traditional style. Leicester rely on getting the ball quickly up the field and use the pace of vardy. Benteke is a perfect target man, holding his position and holding the ball up for supporting players. I mean, he'd be a good option on the bench for Leicester if plan a doesn't work. I feel every team should have a target man at least on the bench as it gives them an option. That's why I think carrol should be in the England squad.

I agree with ak about benteke. He wouldn't fit at everton, especially with Martinez's current style of tidy possession.  Lukaku is a great overall striker. Hes got a lot more pace than benteke and is better with the ball at his feet so he can pretty much play for any team. He could play the role of target man as he's very physical but lukaku has more to his game than what benteke does.

Aaron Cresswell's puts some absolutely delicious crosses into the box for west ham so benteke could easily fit in there.

I think me and cornelius are both working on the premise that Martinez will be gone but I think West Ham would be more attractive to him for several reasons . 

Cant see Leicester being in the market for him .

2q9w86r.png35db988.png

56 minutes ago, Eastie said:

I think me and cornelius are both working on the premise that Martinez will be gone but I think West Ham would be more attractive to him for several reasons . 

i think Eddie Howe will be the next Everton manager , maybe he will go for Benteke

fliegetn0.gif

4 hours ago, Eastie said:

I don't think so either Eastie. Just saying that imo Leicester would suit him. Obviously, not everyone agrees :dunno

image.jpg

On 23/04/2016 at 2:38 PM, ak47deol said:

Benteke is a target man, Everton would be worse then Liverpool for him. Lukaku and Benteke are different strikers

fliegetn0.gif

Nice one Patrick, that shows that he is more than a target man, he also has pace as well as skill. Shame he doesn't do that in every game he could be sensational. On his day he is a handful for any defence.

image.jpg

4 hours ago, Perth Villan said:

Nice one Patrick, that shows that he is more than a target man, he also has pace as well as skill. Shame he doesn't do that in every game he could be sensational. On his day he is a handful for any defence.

Of course he is far more than a target man but well done to Patrick  for pointing it out for those who cannot see .

2q9w86r.png35db988.png

Archived