FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Christian Benteke

avstu

Was going to happen at some point, £32million in the bank doesn't sound bad though. However we're not likely going to see that, most of it no doubt will go in Lerner's back pocket. I really feel upset about this, without doubt he's probably been our best player since Ashley Young left.

I think we need to remember that Livershite are only paying 16m up front according to reports, 20m standard fund + 8m for Delph and 16m for Benteke thus far!

we have spent approx 19.5m thus far which leaves approx 24m left in the kitty for transfers! in addition to the wage bill being further reduced this summer we now do have significant ability to sign better players!

“Each smallest act of kindness, reverberates across great distances and spans of time --affecting lives unknown to the one who’s generous spirit, was the source of this good echo. Because kindness is passed on and grows each time it’s passed until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage, years later, and far away. Likewise, each small meanness, each expression of hatred, each act of evil.”

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lerner must let Sherwood spend all the money - if not he will be a disgrace ,

Bring in 3 good players with the cash and we could be a much better team this season - onwards and upwards.

A new hero will emerge !

well said, but Villa fans need to remember we only have 16m up front!

“Each smallest act of kindness, reverberates across great distances and spans of time --affecting lives unknown to the one who’s generous spirit, was the source of this good echo. Because kindness is passed on and grows each time it’s passed until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage, years later, and far away. Likewise, each small meanness, each expression of hatred, each act of evil.”

I think we need to remember that Livershite are only paying 16m up front according to reports, 20m standard fund + 8m for Delph and 16m for Benteke thus far!

we have spent approx 19.5m thus far which leaves approx 24m left in the kitty for transfers! in addition to the wage bill being further reduced this summer we now do have significant ability to sign better players!

Lerner needs to make a statement and spend double that, this is no time for caution. Make no mistake, we're going to miss Benteke more than we can imagine unless we get someone proven in who is guaranteed to get us goals. If Lerner is struggling to sell us now then he will be fucked when we're in the Championship and that's where we're headed without our best players, and if he's making ANY profit off the TV money from last season then he's a c**t, that money needs to go into the squad now.

We can spend what we've recouped in sales - just as Liverpool don't pay it all upfront neither do we have to - we can spend another £40m and should do at least - still leaves net spend at less than £20m this summer which is not much in this league .

2q9w86r.png35db988.png

Means nothing mate - our signings don't have to be cash upfront - we can afford to spend what we recouped in sales - most deals are in instalments .

2q9w86r.png35db988.png

But the 32m will show on the books mate and that will eventually come into the club so we should be able to spend that in instalments which is the way most clubs do business.

But the 32m will show on the books mate and that will eventually come into the club so we should be able to spend that in instalments which is the way most clubs do business.

Exactly !

2q9w86r.png35db988.png

dont think it really hit me that he was going, but seeing that pic of him in the liverpool jersey made it kick in. would like to keep my head up and say good luck but the fear and worry this has now caused for the coming season in my head is overwhelmed.

TS pls get this right......

newcomer.png

dont think it really hit me that he was going, but seeing that pic of him in the liverpool jersey made it kick in. would like to keep my head up and say good luck but the fear and worry this has now caused for the coming season in my head is overwhelmed.

TS pls get this right......

How many times have we gone into a season being optimistic? Some knobs even predict that we're going to finish 6th year after year, but not me, I'm firmly in the reality game. We'll be lucky to finish 8th.

Archived