avstu

Christian Benteke

619 posts in this topic

Knowing how football is all about money, this has probably been a set up by some promotional company to stir things up. Let's be honest, Benteke is not worth £32 million. Why are we so adamant on offering him more money to keep him. He hasn't done anything to warrant a massive jump in wages. He is under contract and gets a bloody good wage already. He is playing in his preferred position and it is his job to score goals. FFS stop worrying about Benteke. Sell him and get as much as we can for him. We need players that are going to perform every week, not when they feel like it.

Knowing how football is all about money, this has probably been a set up by some promotional company to stir things up. Let's be honest, Benteke is not worth £32 million. Why are we so adamant on offering him more money to keep him. He hasn't done anything to warrant a massive jump in wages. He is under contract and gets a bloody good wage already. He is playing in his preferred position and it is his job to score goals. FFS stop worrying about Benteke. Sell him and get as much as we can for him. We need players that are going to perform every week, not when they feel like it.

Sounds about spot on to me mate.

There were games this season he was unplayable, if you can get more consistency out of him he is one of best out and out strikers in Europe, so yes IMO i would offer him more money to extend his stay

@FootieWriter: BREAKING - I understand Spurs have launched a second bid of £25mil + ad ons for Christian Benteke. #AVFC #THFC

I'm beginning to come round to the idea it might not be so bad to sell him and bring in 3 or 4 quality players with the cash.

Similar to when we sold platt and big Ron spent the cash well .

Lose a class player but improve the team overall in several areas .

I'm beginning to come round to the idea it might not be so bad to sell him and bring in 3 or 4 quality players with the cash.

Similar to when we sold platt and big Ron spent the cash well .

Lose a class player but improve the team overall in several areas .

yeah it worked for liverpool and spurs selling bale and suarez

yeah it worked for liverpool and spurs selling bale and suarez

All depends how well you spend the cash mate - depends who Sherwood wants and what price he pays for them - Liverpool and Spurs bought some tat .

When Everton sold Rooney Moyes spent well and they improved the team with the cash .

Today we are linked to £15m vardy from Leicester - no thanks!

All depends how well you spend the cash mate - depends who Sherwood wants and what price he pays for them - Liverpool and Spurs bought some tat .

When Everton sold Rooney Moyes spent well and they improved the team with the cash .

Today we are linked to £15m vardy from Leicester - no thanks!

I'd rather spend the 15mil on Austin than Vardy.

@FootieWriter: BREAKING - I understand Spurs have launched a second bid of £25mil + ad ons for Christian Benteke. #AVFC #THFC

If true then spurs are far from skint and should be made to pay the full asking price. If Harry Kane is worth 40 million then Bentekke is worth what villa are asking.

If true then spurs are far from skint and should be made to pay the full asking price. If Harry Kane is worth 40 million then Bentekke is worth what villa are asking.

Agreed - dont bother with bids - we want £32.5m and not a penny less., or players that in part ex equal that valuation.

Dont see Benteke going Spurs.

Man Utd or staying at Villa imo like i said from the start, still think it will be the latter

Dont see Benteke going Spurs.

Man Utd or staying at Villa imo like i said from the start, still think it will be the latter

Time will tell but hopefully it will be decided sooner rather than later - i think he will be pushing for the move in similar style to last time he wanted away .

All this " my agent knows my ambitions ' suggests he wants out.

Personally I think it's disgusting what Football players are being sold for and being paid. It's about time something was done about this. Takes the p*ss out of the 'working class man' who has to survive on a pittance to watch them play.

Personally I think it's disgusting what Football players are being sold for and being paid. It's about time something was done about this. Takes the p*ss out of the 'working class man' who has to survive on a pittance to watch them play.

very true !

Won't be complaining when we get a king's ransom for him though :lol:

For us, another good season from Benteke and we will maximize his value in the following summer and get paid big time especially if we hold on to him during the Euros and he breaks out on the international stage. It's hard to say what Benteke will want though. No hard feelings if a CL team comes in for him & he leaves this summer. I think he enjoyed playing under Sherwood enough to stay here with a new contract rather than going elsewhere (Liverpool, Spurs, etc).

I don't think Benteke has yet been consistent enough to warrant a £32.5m fee, but as his to main suitors Spurs and Liverpool seem to think Kane and Sterling are worth £40m+ i would tell them to go f*ck themselves if they didn't meet the release clause figure.

Kane has had one good season and Sterling has an attitude that makes Balotelli look like a decent professional.

Agreed - dont bother with bids - we want £32.5m and not a penny less., or players that in part ex equal that valuation.

what players in your opinion would match the asking price and they really want to come to Villa?.

what players in your opinion would match the asking price and they really want to come to Villa?.

Well either way id want at least £20m cash and then players to a value of £12.5m .

Andros townsend would be my top target - notvsure he would come but hopefully the sherwood factor would swing it .

People mentioned like kaboul or adebayor are cheap makeweights who id value at £5m at most for the pair .

Levy is a shark So would need treating with care - may make mincemeat out of fox .

andros townsend isnt a bad player but who will get the goals once benteke goes, adebayor in my opinion isnt a 38game player so we would need a solid forward.

andros townsend isnt a bad player but who will get the goals once benteke goes, adebayor in my opinion isnt a 38game player so we would need a solid forward.

Thats where the £20m or so plus cash comes in - if we could get 3 decent £10m players to improve the side then id let benteke go - there should be money in the transfer pot bedides any benteke cash .

We need 5 or 6 players in my view who are all good enough to go straight into the starting 11 .

Richards is certainly one of those .

Bentekes departuRe may lead to change in playing style but no doubt we need a couple of quality strikers in my view as weimann and gabby are not good enough .

Not seen enOugh to judge kozak one way or the other yet .

maybe look at Man Utd and see if we can get Javier hernandez in exchange then, its just who to buy that will produce? i dont see the point in Jamie Vardy not at £15m, and judging at last season hes worth £3.75m a goal, not a good investment in my mind.

maybe look at Man Utd and see if we can get Javier hernandez in exchange then, its just who to buy that will produce? i dont see the point in Jamie Vardy not at £15m, and judging at last season hes worth £3.75m a goal, not a good investment in my mind.

Hernandez would score goals for sure - i like the idea muted of jonny evans at £8m too .

I agree like the look of Evans, I would like to of seen Charlie Austin too I also think huddlestone will be a solid midfielder with Delph but I do think we need a change is style, we either need a quality forward to sit in behind the main striker or a goal scoring midfielder

Levy is a shark So would need treating with care - may make mincemeat out of fox .

I think you underestimate Fox mate!

I think you underestimate Fox mate!

Im sure he's a wily old fox but levy has a track record of driving very hard bargains .