avstu

Christian Benteke

619 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Eastie said:

Of course he is far more than a target man but well done to Patrick  for pointing it out for those who cannot see .

Don't get me wrong, Benteke isn't bad with the ball at this feet, and he is athletic for a man of his size, and is considerably better overall than other target men in the league, like Andy Carroll and gestede.

However, lukuka the the complete forward really, he can act as a target man, he's fast and good with the ball at his feet.

With benteke his main asset is heading the ball and his physicality (key attributes for the target man). If the buy him and then play a tidy short passing play, trying to create openings, its not suiting benteke. He will still score goals because his overall game is still fairly good. If you want to play on the floor there are so many players who could do a better job than benteke.

23 minutes ago, Cream of the crop said:

Don't get me wrong, Benteke isn't bad with the ball at this feet, and he is athletic for a man of his size, and is considerably better overall than other target men in the league, like Andy Carroll and gestede.

However, lukuka the the complete forward really, he can act as a target man, he's fast and good with the ball at his feet.

With benteke his main asset is heading the ball and his physicality (key attributes for the target man). If the buy him and then play a tidy short passing play, trying to create openings, its not suiting benteke. He will still score goals because his overall game is still fairly good. If you want to play on the floor there are so many players who could do a better job than benteke.

Lukaku and benteke are both lazy players - yes we see highlights and lukaku looks great but ask Everton fans and they will say a good player but only when in the mood for it - same can be said for benteke and maybe Carroll.

They don't have the heart of a vardy or Kane .

10 hours ago, Eastie said:

Of course he is far more than a target man but well done to Patrick  for pointing it out for those who cannot see .

Listen here, dont start with little comments like that ok!

Prem season 2014-2015 most aerial duals won - Christian Benteke

Most headed goals from 2012-2013 season to 2014-2015 season - Christian Benteke

http://talksport.com/football/11-players-who-have-won-most-headers-premier-league-season-150528148555?p=10

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/11738370/Why-Christian-Benteke-could-be-a-bad-signing-for-Liverpool.html

47 minutes ago, ak47deol said:

Listen here, dont start with little comments like that ok!

Prem season 2014-2015 most aerial duals won - Christian Benteke

Most headed goals from 2012-2013 season to 2014-2015 season - Christian Benteke

http://talksport.com/football/11-players-who-have-won-most-headers-premier-league-season-150528148555?p=10

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/11738370/Why-Christian-Benteke-could-be-a-bad-signing-for-Liverpool.html

Listen here? Not sure who you think you are talking to , but I'm not some kid in a playground mate .

In hindsight my comment was somewhat open to all nterpretation and I accept that but please address me in an appropriate manner rather than talk down to people .

36 minutes ago, lifelongvilla said:

Spot on Eastie. 

No worries mate - I've been a mod but wouldn't dream of ever talking to another poster in that manner  

1 hour ago, Eastie said:

Listen here? Not sure who you think you are talking to , but I'm not some kid in a playground mate .

In hindsight my comment was somewhat open to all nterpretation and I accept that but please address me in an appropriate manner rather than talk down to people .

What? You basically stated that anybody who didnt agree with you cant see. So post on the forum but keep the childish remarks out of it. 

Just now, ak47deol said:

What? You basically stated that anybody who didnt agree with you cant see. So post on the forum but keep the childish remarks out of it. 

Not sure where your coming from with these comments but I find your tone and aggressive manner quite distasteful , I've been around forums for over a decade but never seen any mod  talk down to people as you do - please address that and you will be fine.

Regarding my post I thanked pat for posting benteke self made goal at palace which highlighted there was more to bentekes game than just a target man for those who couldn't see that argument - it was a perfect t example and in no way was childish or implied those who disagree couldn't see . 

I can see how you may have interpreted that way but your reply was uncalled for .

8 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Not sure where your coming from with these comments but I find your tone and aggressive manner quite distasteful , I've been around forums for over a decade but never seen any mod  talk down to people as you do - please address that and you will be fine.

LOL talk down to people, or is just because someone you dislike disagrees with you? 

You stated that the solo goal from Benteke proved your point to myself by claiming i couldnt see anything like that

Wont be posting again about this, if you have a problem, report me to another mod or Stu

30 minutes ago, ak47deol said:

LOL talk down to people, or is just because someone you dislike disagrees with you? 

You stated that the solo goal from Benteke proved your point to myself by claiming i couldnt see anything like that

Wont be posting again about this, if you have a problem, report me to another mod or Stu

I dislike nobody mate - nothing more to be said on the subject .

this is a friendly easy going place and I hope it stays that way - that's why I'm here and I know the same can be said of others - the issue is closed as far as I'm concerned.

AK and Eastie move on please.

:smartass:

12 hours ago, Eastie said:

Already have done  gaz - all is good with me mate .

On Tuesday, April 26, 2016 at 6:02 AM, B6! said:

AK and Eastie move on please.

:smartass:

And it's arguing like that why I'm very rarely on these days. Nonstop! 

Ben, surely if the arguing doesn't involve you, then there's not a problem. Admittedly it's not pleasant but if people have strong opinions it's their right to say what's on their mind as long as they don't break forum rules. Just don't get involved Ben.

I have no issue with debates, that's why we are here, just respect that others have as much right as you have to have an opinion :biggrin:

You've not only got to sign the player these days, you've got to sign there agent too

Imo i think he will do well at a team like West Brom or Watford 

2 minutes ago, Gavinr125 said:

You've not only got to sign the player these days, you've got to sign there agent too

Imo i think he will do well at a team like West Brom or Watford 

will they pay him 120 grand a week too

Hopefully he can go out on loan in the summer, then if we come straight back up we can nick him back. I'd have paid £5-10m just to get him on loan in January.