avstu

Christian Benteke

619 posts in this topic

I for one think we'll be better off without IF we get 32 mill for him. We can get someone in with a better touch and is more consistent. Someone who also doesn't kick off every f**cking summer

The release clause was a shrewd piece of business only if somebody was smart enough to add the clause that if he wasn't gone by the end of July then he is going nowhere, otherwise we face the prospect of any interested clubs waiting us out in the hope of saving a few quid. Its no good banking £32.5m on deadline day and leaving ourselves without a striker.

Of course this is Villa so i doubt any such clause will exist.

My opinion has changed - my money is now firmly on Benteke going to Tottenham .

He tried to engineer a move there last time around and I think this time will get his wish - maybe at the expense of Harry Kane .

Levy has shown he thinks nothing of selling off Spurs assets at the right price .

If we do deal with Spurs I'd hope Sherwood can get some decent part exchanges in the deal and not be fobbed off with Levys cast off flops.

My opinion has changed - my money is now firmly on Benteke going to Tottenham .

He tried to engineer a move there last time around and I think this time will get his wish - maybe at the expense of Harry Kane .

Levy has shown he thinks nothing of selling off Spurs assets at the right price .

If we do deal with Spurs I'd hope Sherwood can get some decent part exchanges in the deal and not be fobbed off with Levys cast off flops.

If we get townsend in return I'd actually be happy

If we get townsend in return I'd actually be happy

Depending of course on what else we get - kaboul, Townsend, and £18m?

Probably a few spurs players Sherwood might fancy .

Personally I hope Benteke goes. We depend on him too much and that is not good considering it depends how he turns up on the day.

I would like us to buy another decent winger and Charlie Austin up front with Sinclair. I think TS is trying to build a British team at Villa. About time, we have some great talent in the UK and it is being smothered by foreign imports.

Depending of course on what else we get - kaboul, Townsend, and £18m?

Probably a few spurs players Sherwood might fancy .

Make it 23 plus them and you've got yourself a deal

If Benteke goes then I think we will need to get more than one striker in to replace him. As Perth Villan says we have depended too much on him for goals. If we get one decent striker in to replace him all that will happen is that we'll depend on that guy. Gabby has become an irregular scorer these days and indications are that both Kozak and Weimann's futures lie elsewhere.

Was never a fan of players been makeweights in a deal, even less so since Ireland. If Townsend or Kaboul wanted to come here fine but sign them on theit own merits not just as part of a deal for Benteke.

Was never a fan of players been makeweights in a deal, even less so since Ireland. If Townsend or Kaboul wanted to come here fine but sign them on theit own merits not just as part of a deal for Benteke.

yes we want hard cash ,,,,,,,,,,,,,not players other teams want to get rid off

Agree, you only have to look at the Stephen Ireland debarcle to see the out come.

i dont care where he goes. he could go to qpr for all i care. thanks for all the goals CB. i accept ur on ur way.

Would you all be saying that if we got Eriksen and Lloris ? ;)

wouldnt mind erikssen be good creative player next too delph

Would you all be saying that if we got Eriksen and Lloris ? ;)

Only if it didn't work out, then i could say "told you so" :lolthumb:

Only if it didn't work out, then i could say "told you so" :lolthumb:

lol

i dont believe

me neither but again just feeding back what i see!! ;)

tim sherwoods resigned mate

dont believe it mate lol

according to sources in co louth. benteke's real amibion is to be a goal keeper for refugees heading across the chanel. 350 quid a week and a hiace

hed be daft not to sign a new contract

i hate modern football