avstu

Christian Benteke

619 posts in this topic

Post all Benteke rumours in here. No doubt we will see a fair few.

Arsenal ‘line up £68million transfer deal for Christian Benteke and Karim Benzema’

Arsenal have reportedly added Aston Villa’s Christian Benteke and Real Madrid’s Karim Benzema to their summer transfer wish list and could table a combined £68million bid in the coming weeks.

Source: Link

Benzema's worth more than £3m

LOL.

:lol: haha Beat me to it

Quality!! hahaha nicking the sh*t out of that!!

This is worrying, wasn't Christian quoted few years ago when he put in transfer request, that he was an arsenal fan ?

Can't see why Arsenal would want him. They have Welbeck, Sanchez and Giroud who all hit the target for them.

That is good AVFC Nigel--that is good man----lol

Just more rumours.

I do like the way Sherwood is handling it though, acknowledge the fact that we can't keep him if the right bid comes in but keep pointing out that the right bid is going to have to absolutely massive.

You also need to realise the big clubs buy the talent just to stop the other big clubs getting them. Just becuase they buy them doesn't mean they have any intention of playing them.

Sooner or later he is going to leave, as long as we get a good price and the money is invested wisely we can be stronger without him. Aston Villa continues, players come and go......i thought the world had ended when we sold Andy Gray, we didn't do too badly in the following seasons did we ?

I cant see him going Arsenal but i can see someone like Man Utd coming in for him to replace Falcao

Have head that Benteke`s agent has been caught offering his services to a number of clubs around Europe, even if benteke wants to stay think the agent will push the transfer through to line his own pockets, to be fair to Benteke he has given us premiership survival two years running.

Tom fox has confirmed Benteke will be offered a new contract this summer in an attempt to keep him.

Tom fox has confirmed Benteke will be offered a new contract this summer in an attempt to keep him.

Can't see him extending his contract - didn't his agent say whatever happens he will not do that ?

If the clause is met there's nothing fox can do about it .

Can't see him extending his contract - didn't his agent say whatever happens he will not do that ?

If the clause is met there's nothing fox can do about it .

this might be a commercial ploy to encourage suitors to get their arses in gear! and also send a message that we are not a willing seller! this might mean the buy out clause amount might be met!

Agree with Apollo, can't see anyone wanting to pay it.

I think he'll still be with us next season but don't think he'll be too happy with that so will be interesting to see how he reacts

Agree with Apollo, can't see anyone wanting to pay it.

I think he'll still be with us next season but don't think he'll be too happy with that so will be interesting to see how he reacts

amazing to think how nowadays a 4 yr contract only gives the Club the upper hand for 2 years then they Player and his Agent has all the power!! f**cking joke!

Ironically its not Jean Marc Bosman who is to blame it was his club RFC Liège who treated him appallingly!!

amazing to think how nowadays a 4 yr contract only gives the Club the upper hand for 2 years then they Player and his Agent has all the power!! f**cking joke!

Ironically its not Jean Marc Bosman who is to blame it was his club RFC Liège who treated him appallingly!!

The Bosman ruling whilst fair has created a situation that all to often screws clubs and the fans, i have felt for sometime that transfer fees and long contracts should be abolished. Every summer if both parties were happy then sign up for the following season. It would stop rich clubs stockpiling all the talent and rid the game of players happy to sit on long contracts.

As you say the current system is a f**cking joke.

I cannot see him signing a new deal whatever happens - if nobody signs him in the summer he will hold all the aces next year and surely go for much less or we'd risk losing him for nothing a year later .

I still feel he will be gone this summer, although fear it will drag on until late August .

Wise move for a buyer would be let villa his wages during the summer and get him match fit and then sign him in mid to late August - not ideal for us .

I think he will sign a new deal when the take over happens. He will be offered more money and it will be a no brainier for him as apart from media speculation no one has really showed interest in him.

I think he will sign a new deal when the take over happens. He will be offered more money and it will be a no brainier for him as apart from media speculation no one has really showed interest in him.

he wants champions league football and will probably go in July

he has done his time here and extended or renewed his contract a couple of years ago

i thank him for his time at villa and wish him well where ever he goes

he wants champions league football and will probably go in July

he has done his time here and extended or renewed his contract a couple of years ago

i thank him for his time at villa and wish him well where ever he goes

He may want all that but if no one comes in with 32.5 million then he isn't leaving. Do you honestly think he will turn down a more money contract if it looks like he will have to fulfil the remainder of his 2 year contract here ?

He may want all that but if no one comes in with 32.5 million then he isn't leaving. Do you honestly think he will turn down a more money contract if it looks like he will have to fulfil the remainder of his 2 year contract here ?

I think the clause will be matched by more than one club - just a waiting game - once it's triggered other interested parties will match it .