FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

2015 Non Villa Transfer Talk

avstu

Kind of proves the point i was just making, he would rather earn a fortune as a reserve at Chelsea than earn a smaller fortune at a club like Aston Villa and be 1st choice. And lets face it until sugar daddies started pumping billions into the countries two richest clubs nobody would have mentioned them in the same breath as this famous old club in terms of stature within the game.

sad but true

m2ThHd1o-KvVhMbtbmLiE8Q.jpg

controversial_dimitri.png

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kind of proves the point i was just making, he would rather earn a fortune as a reserve at Chelsea than earn a smaller fortune at a club like Aston Villa and be 1st choice. And lets face it until sugar daddies started pumping billions into the countries two richest clubs nobody would have mentioned them in the same breath as this famous old club in terms of stature within the game.

Jack Walker started it when he bought Blackburn the title.

Pisses me off that even with fair play citeh and Chelsea are spending huge on squads.

image.png

Championeeeeee Championeeeee Olee Oleee Oleeeee

You need people like me so people like you can point your fcuking fingers and say there's the bad guy

Damien Duff has signed for Shamrock Rovers and will donate his wages to charity.

Fair play to him, he didn't choose the American thing !

image.png

You need people like me so people like you can point your fcuking fingers and say there's the bad guy

Younis Kaboul having medical at Sunderland,

Stuart Downing a step closer to going back to Middlesboro,

good on Damian Duff------there are so many ex-pro,s seemingly --being put out to grass in the American thing!!

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

44m plus add on for sterling he aint worth that,it seems only the rich leagues with tv money & certain clubs who have an arab or russian sugar daddy can afford players,its disgusting,& not the football i grew up with

btw you are polish lech poznan fan iirc? poland is similiar to smaller leagues like scotland,belgium,holland etc,this mad spending will make it harder for polish clubs such as legia & lech to qualify & compete in europe too,there is no romance,upsets,..just greed

My dad is from Poznan so im a fan too, however I live in Lodz, so im a fan of LKS Lodz, which is now playing 4th division football. However we even played United in Champions League Qualifiers in 1998. Polish league is faaar behind Belgium and Holland, maybe level is similar with Scottish, but Celtic and Rangers are still way more recognizable clubs than any polish club. Its been almost 20 years since a club from Poland has played in Champions League group stage, which is quite staggering. Crossing my fingers for Lech this year, but not too high on my hopes.

In general especially fans in Poland and elsewhere too I guess take this 'against modern football' stance, saying that transfer prices are crazy etc. Personally I am really fine with it - market sets the price the clubs are willing to pay and I would be a lot more frustrated if there was a limit on maximum salary/transfer fee, as there is for instance in NBA. Moreover, 15 mil which was paid for Shearer in 1996 equals to about 26 mil now or more, thats just how it goes and I am fine with it.

Sorry to reply that late but I completely forgot I posted in this topic

My dad is from Poznan so im a fan too, however I live in Lodz, so im a fan of LKS Lodz, which is now playing 4th division football. However we even played United in Champions League Qualifiers in 1998. Polish league is faaar behind Belgium and Holland, maybe level is similar with Scottish, but Celtic and Rangers are still way more recognizable clubs than any polish club. Its been almost 20 years since a club from Poland has played in Champions League group stage, which is quite staggering. Crossing my fingers for Lech this year, but not too high on my hopes.

In general especially fans in Poland and elsewhere too I guess take this 'against modern football' stance, saying that transfer prices are crazy etc. Personally I am really fine with it - market sets the price the clubs are willing to pay and I would be a lot more frustrated if there was a limit on maximum salary/transfer fee, as there is for instance in NBA. Moreover, 15 mil which was paid for Shearer in 1996 equals to about 26 mil now or more, thats just how it goes and I am fine with it.

Sorry to reply that late but I completely forgot I posted in this topic

no worries mate,but i would like to see a limit on spending,

m2ThHd1o-KvVhMbtbmLiE8Q.jpg

controversial_dimitri.png

no worries mate,but i would like to see a limit on spending,

It's all Jimmy hills fault !

image.png

Archived