Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eastie

Ireland

Then your 'United Ireland' will face border checks for its goods exported to and transiting the UK. Do you want that ?

A reminder of what I posted last year :

Brexit,whats happening? in The Holte Suite Posted 03/12/2017
03/12/2017 : Those who want to put a 'border' through the Irish Sea, North Channel and St George's Channel overlook one thing. If there is no free trade agreement between the UK and the EU, then all Irish business and trade, either with the UK or that which transits the UK to the EU, will be subject to tariffs and border checks, both in the UK and when going from the UK to the EU.
My solution of treating all Irish trade and business as if it was UK trade and business would, as I have already stated, mean no tariffs and no border checks within the Common Travel Area, better known as the British Isles. If the EU wants to play the fool on tariffs and borders, then the worst thing for Irish trade transiting the UK would be EU border checks on the continent against an EU member !!!
None of this will happen if the EU agrees to have free trade with the UK, so it is over to Brussels ... get it sorted !!!

AVFC RFC SAFC

1 hour ago, Larry-AV said:

Then your 'United Ireland' will face border checks for its goods exported to and transiting the UK. Do you want that ?

A reminder of what I posted last year :

Brexit,whats happening? in The Holte Suite Posted 03/12/2017
03/12/2017 : Those who want to put a 'border' through the Irish Sea, North Channel and St George's Channel overlook one thing. If there is no free trade agreement between the UK and the EU, then all Irish business and trade, either with the UK or that which transits the UK to the EU, will be subject to tariffs and border checks, both in the UK and when going from the UK to the EU.
My solution of treating all Irish trade and business as if it was UK trade and business would, as I have already stated, mean no tariffs and no border checks within the Common Travel Area, better known as the British Isles. If the EU wants to play the fool on tariffs and borders, then the worst thing for Irish trade transiting the UK would be EU border checks on the continent against an EU member !!!
None of this will happen if the EU agrees to have free trade with the UK, so it is over to Brussels ... get it sorted !!!

its a small price to pay,for freedom,so yes.

m2ThHd1o-KvVhMbtbmLiE8Q.jpg

controversial_dimitri.png

X

1 hour ago, Larry-AV said:

Yes Larry,  that's why the Republic voted to remain in the EU before we had our brexit referendum when both communities in the North also voted to remain in the EU . 

Your suggestion  is ridiculous and pie in the sky. do you really think Dublin will agree to fall in line with Britain and treat all Irish trade as UK trade when they have fought Britain for 700 years and when the Irish people had a referendum and voted overwhelming to stay part of the European Union. 

There is only one solution for Britain and the brexit negotiations and that is to have the border at the sea ports of England,  Ireland and Wales. 

That is what Brussels wants and that is what the people of Ireland on both sides of the current border wants  , also it  is what Theresa May wants because she has no choice and that is what in effect is what has been agreed today. 

The only ones against it are the sectarian bigots of the DUP. who unfortunately are keeping Theresa May and her Tory government in power by a shoestring.  That alliance will  inevitably be Theresa may's downfall , no doubt about that. 

fliegetn0.gif