Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Eastie

Ireland

Guest Morpheus

Ken was an inter-provincial player. Didn't make it as a professional so he'd have his work cut out for him against those boys this weekend. Didn't realise he was Gary's father.

You'd have to buy from a reputable store. Nevada Bob's on the Boucher Road is always worth a visit if you drive.

With all due respect Anne Kenny when I knew him well ( might have changed now) went around RCD and other courses in the low seventies with a few 69s. Not sure he ever turned pro either but if you read my post he wouldn't look out of place meaning that due to his swing it would be hard to distinguish him from the professionals. His son as you know is called Paul and not Gary.

Yes have been in Nevada Bob's before in Belfast where you can try the clubs out in the back room. They put tape on the bottom of the irons to stop marks.

With all due respect Anne Kenny when I knew him well ( might have changed now) went around RCD and other courses in the low seventies with a few 69s. Not sure he ever turned pro either but if you read my post he wouldn't look out of place meaning that due to his swing it would be hard to distinguish him from the professionals. His son as you know is called Paul and not Gary.

Yes have been in Nevada Bob's before in Belfast where you can try the clubs out in the back room. They put tape on the bottom of the irons to stop marks.

Yes, meant Paul. Was thinking of Gary McNeill. Didn't make the connection between Paul and his father.

Ken did go pro at one point, didn't make it then had to wait three years to regain his amateur status. He used to be a member of Warrenpoint.

You never cease to amaze me with your energy Anne - you are well travelled and seem to live a busy life - old Eastie likes nothing more than sitting on the couch watching soaps .

I love reading these informative posts and never had you or morph down as golfing people until reading this .

As for you morph - musician, golfer , goalkeeper - it's a wonder you find time for sex :)

You never cease to amaze me with your energy Anne - you are well travelled and seem to live a busy life - old Eastie likes nothing more than sitting on the couch watching soaps .

I love reading these informative posts and never had you or morph down as golfing people until reading this .

As for you morph - musician, golfer , goalkeeper - it's a wonder you find time for sex :)

I have to admit I like to be busy. Love travelling. Wish I had the time to do a lot more. My father's golf mad, as is my husband so if you can't beat them...

Guest Morpheus

Yes, meant Paul. Was thinking of Gary McNeill. Didn't make the connection between Paul and his father.

Ken did go pro at one point, didn't make it then had to wait three years to regain his amateur status. He used to be a member of Warrenpoint.

Didn't know that. Ken actually gave me a few lessons and never mentioned it. Indeed in all my time as a member of Banbridge Golf Club neither the members nor Paul mentioned it either even when playing with Paul on a regular basis. It must have been a sore point for him. Still a tremendous golfer although the few times I played with Kenny he had a bizarre putting action whereby he cut across everything and maybe that was one of the reasons why he didn't make it?

Did you ever meet Don Patterson? I have to admit I didn't like him when he was coaching us. Very abrupt and tried to get everyone swinging very flat at the top just like Ronan which didn't suit me being over 6f. In fact after being coached by him it set me back a good deal while spending many hours practising his method. My game suffered badly as a result of that and I never did feel as comfortable over the ball again.

Guest Morpheus

Mate my routine was swimming at 8.00am on any given Saturday followed by golf and then when I wasn't playing football I was playing cricket in the afternoon. Never played any of those to a high standard but just enjoyed playing sport. Also played a bit of tennis and squash. Stopped the squash after my aunt beat me with her husband laughing his leg off. :blush:

I was a very late developer concerning sex as I hadn't the time. :whistling:

Didn't know that. Ken actually gave me a few lessons and never mentioned it. Indeed in all my time as a member of Banbridge Golf Club neither the members nor Paul mentioned it either even when playing with Paul on a regular basis. It must have been a sore point for him. Still a tremendous golfer although the few times I played with Kenny he had a bizarre putting action whereby he cut across everything and maybe that was one of the reasons why he didn't make it?

Did you ever meet Don Patterson? I have to admit I didn't like him when he was coaching us. Very abrupt and tried to get everyone swinging very flat at the top just like Ronan which didn't suit me being over 6f. In fact after being coached by him it set me back a good deal while spending many hours practising his method. My game suffered badly as a result of that and I never did feel as comfortable over the ball again.

Don 'Dr Golf' was a bit before my time but know of him.

Wasn't a great golfer himself but a fine coach, for most. A friend of mine, who isn't a great golfer, took a course of lessons with him. At the end he said, "Well, Don, what do you think?" Don says, "I think you should take a fortnight off then pack it in." He was right!

Nigel Shaw is the pro in the 'Point these days. He's another nice fella.

Yes, unless I am going mad or there's another Ken Stevenson that was the case. I remember him at the 'Point and he wasn't anything special but probably past his prime then. My dad remembers him better than I do and didn't think he was any great shakes either.

Much better golfer was Paddy Gribbin, if you remember him. Drink got him. Another shocking waste of talent.

Guest Morpheus

Yes, unless I am going mad or there's another Ken Stevenson that was the case. I remember him at the 'Point and he wasn't anything special but probably past his prime then. My dad remembers him better than I do and didn't think he was any great shakes either.

Much better golfer was Paddy Gribbin, if you remember him. Drink got him. Another shocking waste of talent.

I think you and your father do Kenny an injustice to tell you the truth Anne. Go down to 1972 and in illustrious company. Thats what I meant by not looking out of place even now especially where the Irish Open is being played. :)

http://www.irishgolfdesk.com/irish-amateur-close/

http://www.europeantour.com/seniortour/season=2000/tournamentid=2000834/news/newsid=105135.html

I think you and your father do Kenny an injustice to tell you the truth Anne. Go down to 1972 and in illustrious company. Thats what I meant by not looking out of place even now especially where the Irish Open is being played. :)

http://www.irishgolfdesk.com/irish-amateur-close/

http://www.europeantour.com/seniortour/season=2000/tournamentid=2000834/news/newsid=105135.html

We all have flukey rounds every now and again...

He was a decent golfer, far better than I will ever be, but not a great golfer. I have golfed all my life and seen plenty of both, as has my father, and don't think it's an injustice to say he was no great shakes. Warrenpoint Golf Club alone has produced far more talented players than Ken Stevenson.

According to you, Don Patterson, a highly respected coach, widely regarded as Ireland's finest at that time, ruined your golf game.

All a matter of opinion.

Is Dougie Stevenson, who was captain of Banbridge five or six years ago, any relation to Ken and Paul?

Guest Morpheus

We all have flukey rounds every now and again...

He was a decent golfer, far better than I will ever be, but not a great golfer. I have golfed all my life and seen plenty of both, as has my father, and don't think it's an injustice to say he was no great shakes. Warrenpoint Golf Club alone has produced far more talented players than Ken Stevenson.

According to you, Don Patterson, a highly respected coach, widely regarded as Ireland's finest at that time, ruined your golf game.

All a matter of opinion.

Is Dougie Stevenson, who was captain of Banbridge five or six years ago, any relation to Ken and Paul?

I think Anne winning the Irish Close Championship cannot be regarded as a fluke by a golfer who in your words 'was no great shakes.' He also did well in very esteemed company where the Irish Open is currently being held and the original point was that he would not look out of place which you disagreed with.

I've presented you with evidence which suggests you are wrong and its a pity you cannot admit that but then again it isn't the first time is it.

Concerning your point on Don Patterson which was nothing to do with the original point I made. Being a golfer you should know that throughout all professional and amature sport there are many coaches who have different methods and styles to suit different players. There isn't one particular coach to suit all participants in sport and while Don Patterson was a very good golfing coach, having been taught by him for a short period he had one method as previously explained which also didn't suit several of the other juniors at our club who were close to scratch and better players than I. So really my game not being suited to one particular coach is nothing new and no reason to criticise.

There were a few Dougie Stevensons at the club when I was member there one of whom is related.