avstu

Aston Villa 3 Everton 2

259 posts in this topic

i think its more likely we will pick up points v west ham and burnley, maybe even a draw v soton. i dont think this match will be as easy as ppl imagine. when martinez has everton playing well, they are a match for any pl side.

a win i be over the moon.

a draw is what i realisticly think we are capable of.

a loss is very much on the cards.

2-1 everton lukaku and mirellas, and benteke

Hoping the weekends heroics will go to their head and they'll think we'll be a pushover in comparison!

If we cut out the silly mistakes we made V City, this could easily be 3 points!!

Lose against Everton after Hull beating Liverpool and we are deep in the mire.

Depending on what Sunderland do - worry for me is Liverpool have given up and the top 4 is virtually sealed which is good for those yet to play Liverpool and United - Liverpool last night were an utter embarrassment and Rodgers for me has clearly failed to motivate his team - deserves the sack .

Win on Saturday for is and Sunderland lose and it will be almost party time .

If it does go tits up on Saturday I'm glad I won't be around next week as the brown pants brigade will be out in full force .

We are playing well enough to give any team a game, maintain that in the final 4 games and we will be fine. My worry is that as massive underdogs in our last 3 games the pressure was off, after results elsewhere we now need a win and the pressure is on.

I think TS will have the boys fired up.... 2-1 Villa.

We are playing well enough to give any team a game, maintain that in the final 4 games and we will be fine. My worry is that as massive underdogs in our last 3 games the pressure was off, after results elsewhere we now need a win and the pressure is on.

I think TS will have the boys fired up.... 2-1 Villa.

Agreed, it won't be easy but it's certainly a game we should be looking to win .

Assume whatever you wish , we will see on Saturday .

He won't drop Guzan

He won't drop Guzan

Just like fox would never sack Lambert .

There was a lot of speculation driven by journalists close to the club that shay was very close to getting the nod last Saturday - guzans display will,only have strengthened shays chances.

Just like fox would never sack Lambert .

Who the f*ck said that ?

Who the f*ck said that ?

Many on here - ultimately we will see on Saturday but I certainly don't believe it's by any means a certainty that Guzan will keep his place .

I think it's a really close call either way .

Many on here - ultimately we will see on Saturday but I certainly don't believe it's by any means a certainty that Guzan will keep his place .

I think it's a really close call either way .

Nobody is certain of their place any week

Nobody is certain of their place any week

Agreed .

Did you get to make use of your guess the crowd prizes yet ?

EPL Saturday, 02/05/2015 : Aston Villa v Everton, KO 15:00 hours.

After the Hull and Leicester games in hand, the range for AVFC remains up to 14th or down to 18th.

Next matches, 02-03-04/05/2015 :
1 Chelsea 34 24 8 2 68 27 41 80 : H C Palace (3rd)
2 Manchester City 34 20 7 7 70 36 34 67 : A Tottenham (3rd)
3 Arsenal 33 20 7 6 63 32 31 67 : A Hull City (4th)
4 Manchester United 34 19 8 7 59 34 25 65 : H W B Albion
5 Liverpool 34 17 7 10 47 37 10 58 : H Q P Rangers
6 Tottenham Hotspur 34 17 7 10 55 49 6 58 : H Man City (3rd)
7 Southampton 34 17 6 11 47 26 21 57 : A Sunderland
8 Swansea City 34 14 8 12 41 44 -3 50 : H Stoke City
9 Stoke City 34 13 8 13 39 42 -3 47 : A Swansea City
10 Everton 34 11 11 12 44 43 1 44 : A Aston Villa
11 West Ham United 34 11 11 12 42 42 0 44 : H Burnley
12 Crystal Palace 34 11 9 14 42 47 -5 42 : A Chelsea (3rd)
13 West Bromwich Albion 34 9 10 15 32 46 -14 37 : A Man United
14 Newcastle United 34 9 8 17 36 57 -21 35 : A Leicester
15 Hull City 34 8 10 16 32 45 -13 34 : H Arsenal (4th)
16 Aston Villa 34 8 8 18 26 48 -22 32 : H Everton *
17 Leicester City 34 8 7 19 36 54 -18 31 : H Newcastle
18 Sunderland 33 5 15 13 26 49 -23 30 : H Southampton
19 Queens Park Rangers 34 7 6 21 38 59 -21 27 : A Liverpool
20 Burnley 34 5 11 18 26 52 -26 26 : A West Ham

* KO 15:00 hours.

Hopefully southampton take the opportunity to capitalise on Tottenham playing Citeh and beat sunderland.. If we win I want to see Leicester win, so we leap frog Newcastle and drag them into the battle!!

Come on VILLAAA!!!!

Hopefully southampton take the opportunity to capitalise on Tottenham playing Citeh and beat sunderland.. If we win I want to see Leicester win, so we leap frog Newcastle and drag them into the battle!!

Come on VILLAAA!!!!

Agreed .

Koeman is eager for Europa league and I see saints possibly doing to them what we and palace did - soft underbelly on wearside.

Alan Hutton could return for the weekend clash with Everton - but the Toffees game comes too soon for Gabby Agbonlahor.

Hutton has been out with an ankle injury since coming off early in the Man Utd match at Old Trafford.

His foot was placed in a protective boot - but now the right-back is back in training ahead of the latest Villa Park encounter.

Hutton returned to the fields of Bodymoor on Wednesday, trained on Thursday too and will also be put through his paces on Friday on the eve of the game.

Then Sherwood will make a decision on his fitness ahead of the game with Roberto Martinez's men.

He said: "Alan is back in training, which is good news for us.

"He has trained the latter part of the week. He will train again on Friday.

"We will assess him again on Friday."

On his availability, he added: "We're hoping Alan puts himself in contention, yes."

The Toffees tussle won't see the return of star striker Agbonlahor, however.

The long-serving forward came off against Tottenham with a tight hamstring.

He missed the FA Cup semi-final win over Liverpool at Wembley and the narrow defeat to Man City at the Etihad Stadium.

Agbonlahor looks set to be absent against Everton but could be available against West Ham next weekend.

He added: "Gabby is still not training.

"He's done some light work. We are hoping to have him back in full training at the beginning of next week though."

Travel Update -

There will be major roadworks around J6 of the M6 at home games - including the remaining matches at Villa Park this season.

They affect Everton, West Ham and Burnley matches.

This will prevent both Northbound and Southbound access to the M6 via the Salford Circus junction after our matches.

Both of the M6 on-slip carriageways from the Salford Junction traffic junction will be closed 24/7 - and during this period we have several home matches.

Please note this is the on-slip carriageways (you will be unable to get back on the M6 without using diversionary and alternative routes).

The off-slip carriageways will still be available.

Therefore, you can use J6 before the match, but please read the following information prior to starting your journey to Villa Park.

Both before and after matches, there will be speed restrictions, and some lane restrictions on the A38 (M) expressway.

It is impossible to predict the impact this will have on post-match traffic, so it is essential that supporters attending any of our matches during this period plan their journey - both knowing before you set off where you intend to park and post-match understanding the route you will take to get back on the motorway and/or away from Villa Park.

If you do not use the motorway, then it is important to understand if your local journey could be affected by the additional traffic placed on diversionary and alternative routes.

Travel Update -

There will be major roadworks around J6 of the M6 at home games - including the remaining matches at Villa Park this season.

They affect Everton, West Ham and Burnley matches.

This will prevent both Northbound and Southbound access to the M6 via the Salford Circus junction after our matches.

Both of the M6 on-slip carriageways from the Salford Junction traffic junction will be closed 24/7 - and during this period we have several home matches.

Please note this is the on-slip carriageways (you will be unable to get back on the M6 without using diversionary and alternative routes).

The off-slip carriageways will still be available.

Therefore, you can use J6 before the match, but please read the following information prior to starting your journey to Villa Park.

Both before and after matches, there will be speed restrictions, and some lane restrictions on the A38 (M) expressway.

It is impossible to predict the impact this will have on post-match traffic, so it is essential that supporters attending any of our matches during this period plan their journey - both knowing before you set off where you intend to park and post-match understanding the route you will take to get back on the motorway and/or away from Villa Park.

If you do not use the motorway, then it is important to understand if your local journey could be affected by the additional traffic placed on diversionary and alternative routes.

old news

its been like that since Christmas

Was posted on today's official site so I thought maybe there were some changes to previous details .

Was posted on today's official site so I thought maybe there were some changes to previous details .

its been traffic chaos round villa park since christmas because of that ,

its a joke trying to get on the aston expressway

lichfield road is terrible,,,,,,,temporary traffic lights where the king edward was dont help

and with thimble mill lane being shut ,,,its gridlock in the whole area till well after 6

its been traffic chaos round villa park since christmas because of that ,

its a joke trying to get on the aston expressway

lichfield road is terrible,,,,,,,temporary traffic lights where the king edward was dont help

and with thimble mill lane being shut ,,,its gridlock in the whole area till well after 6

Everywhere I go it seems t be roadworks these days - and the roads without them have huge potholes - shocking state of affairs .

You can still get on the slip road northbound after games though. Screws me up massively

I can't make my mind up. I think we might scrape a 1-0 win but then I think it'll be a score draw. All I know is that it ain't going to be easy that's for sure.

We need as a minimum a draw against Everton, West Ham is more winnable but Everton are tied with the top 2 form teams in the Prem!!

God knows but i just hope we fight like the Lions we have been recently!!

Would rather we got 3 points against Everton. Anything less and the stress levels are only going to increase as I can see Sunderland beating the Saints.