Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

avstu

Aston Villa 3 Everton 2

259 posts in this topic

Sanchez to me seems to lose concentration too often and give the ball away in sloppy fashion . I'd go with westy.

Let's not worry About the opposition players - let them worry about us .

I'm hoping gabby will be fit and with benteke on fire we will be a potent threat - our midfield has been very good in recent games and old Gareth Barry will be panting like one of morphs clients after a 30 minute session in his clinic .

My clients can't even walk after a 30 minute session Eastie.

Everton game going to be a lot harder than some give it credit for. They like ourselves are playing much better and we'll need to be a lot more solid at the back to get anything from the game.

I know we played really well yesterday but we still lost. Hutton and cissoko must come in and I would leave Sanches out ,he is always the one that causes the goal against, he gave the free kick and gave the corner which they scored,I know he scored, but he is a liability.Also I would give Given the jersey. this game will test TS decision making.

Everton wil lbe flying high for this. Then again so are we I suppose... in a way. Need at least a point. But in reality 3 would be ideal.

Everton wil lbe flying high for this. Then again so are we I suppose... in a way. Need at least a point. But in reality 3 would be ideal.

Seems a bigger task now than it did a week or so ago!!

We weren't supposed to beat Spurs or Liverpool - and we did.

Came back from 0-2 at City and could have nicked it.

Why are we suddenly shitting ourselves about Everton?

Games running out but there's still time to sort this mess.

not shittng myself, just saying the game looks a little harder due to Everton resurgence!

I agree. I think we have a good strong squad at the moment. I think there is good chemistry on the pitch that will continue to shine next match and on. They seem much more alive than they did. I'm expecting a good result.

Maybe expecting is the wrong word. Hoping.

Everton have picked up 4points from there last 5 away games, they are not as convincing as many make out

not shittng myself, just saying the game looks a little harder due to Everton resurgence!

No resurgence. Their home form has been good for quite a while but they aren't nearly as good on the road.

Good thing is we can believe that the lads will give it a 'right good go' under Sherwood.

Maybe expecting is the wrong word. Hoping.

You feeling broody Klein?

What I have noticed is that everybody is supportive of TS. That is fantastic that we are all behind him and the boys. Good times ahead I think.

Rather be on our position that any of the bottom 5 - points on the board are precious .

If we fail to get one more win then we have only ourselves to blame .

Burnley cant score a goal- QPR can't get a win - Sunderland and hull have it all to do - I think it's between those 2 for the final place .

Confidence and belief in the side will still be very high after the watt we took the game to city at the etihad .

No resurgence. Their home form has been good for quite a while but they aren't nearly as good on the road.

Good thing is we can believe that the lads will give it a 'right good go' under Sherwood.

yes and we need a full house saturday

and play like we did against spurs , liverpool and man city

we should get the 3 points

You feeling broody Klein?

Hahaha not a chance

yes and we need a full house saturday

and play like we did against spurs , liverpool and man city

we should get the 3 points

Well said mate !

It looks like Brad Guzan will be in goal against Everton, despite his howler at Man City.AVFC - Sherwood - What Guzan needs to do

In any event, Shay Given should be on the bench (as usual) and available, if needed !

Nothing there to suggest who will be in goal for me - just comments on what brad needs to do - certainly wouldn't read into those comments who will be playing on Saturday .

Sherwood said what you'd expect any manager to say .

Think we can assume Tim is sticking with Brad.

Think we can assume Tim is sticking with Brad.

Assume whatever you wish , we will see on Saturday .

Assume whatever you wish , we will see on Saturday .

Yes, we shall.

huge huge game we need to stop conceding goals late on---if Hutton Cissoko and Gabby are available I,d give them the nod:::

Given,Hutton/Lowton, Okore,Vlaar,Cissoko,Westwood,Delph,Cleverley,Grealish,Gabby,Benteke,

if Timbo sticks with Given then I,d draft Sendeross in for Vlaar---can,t afford no more repeats of that 3rd minute howler against citeh----that has been a disaster waiting to happen all season,!! Vlaar and Guzan don't seem to communicate as they should!!! no time for sentiment or schoolboy howlers now I,m afraid!!!

i think its more likely we will pick up points v west ham and burnley, maybe even a draw v soton. i dont think this match will be as easy as ppl imagine. when martinez has everton playing well, they are a match for any pl side.

a win i be over the moon.

a draw is what i realisticly think we are capable of.

a loss is very much on the cards.

2-1 everton lukaku and mirellas, and benteke