Aston Villa 3 Everton 2

259 posts in this topic

astonvillaveverton.jpg

Aston Villa v Everton

Villa Park

Saturday 2nd May - 15:00

Premiership

Match Chat & Predictions.

Difficult one, Everton generally do not have a good record at Villa Park in the league, although in the past few years it has got better, we have the players to trouble their defence however visa versa our defence is not the best. We badly need the points so cannot see us losing and I will be brave and go for a 3-1 home win, not sure where the 3 goals are going to come from mind.

reckon its been a while since we got 3 points off Everton at Villa Park,but 3 are sure needed,

hoping Timbo rings in a couple of changes from yesterday, will Gabby and Hutton be available? shame Clark is out,

we need to get behind The Boyz in all 3 home games---beginning with this one,and make Villa Park a real cauldron of noise,--wemust play our part!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Given has to come in for obvious reasons

We are playing some good football and we are getting stronger and im sure Tim will make sure we pick up 3 points against Everton

Huge game.

Need 3 points as that will give a bit of a sucker punch to our relegation rivals.

Got to take our chances and no mistakes.

Dropping Guzan, which I would have done months ago, would destroy his confidence, and I dont think that is the right thing to do for a player.

Let Sherwood do some magic with him, give him a chance, and I think he will be determined to put it right.

If he has another bad game, then by all means throw Given in!!

I think guzans confidence will be low and it's not the time to worry about his feelings - he will be dropped for the good of the team - I think Sherwood has the ruthless edge required to make these decisions .

Guzan should not be given any more chances - too much at stake .

Guzan is a pro but, apart from his howler and other errors, took incredible stick yesterday from City fans so his confidence will be shot to sh*t.

Either has to prove himself or step aside.

Not convinced Tim will ditch him, even though he has the perfect excuse to now.

I think guzans confidence will be low and it's not the time to worry about his feelings - he will be dropped for the good of the team - I think Sherwood has the ruthless edge required to make these decisions .

Guzan should not be given any more chances - too much at stake .

You have to be ruthless sometimes, but I'm not that kind of person and I believe a second chance will give him a boost. I think he is a determined kind of person and he will try and put in a good performance. Last chance saloon though!

Guzan is a pro but, apart from his howler and other errors, took incredible stick yesterday from City fans so his confidence will be shot to sh*t.

Either has to prove himself or step aside.

Not convinced Tim will ditch him, even though he has the perfect excuse to now.

I'm not a fan of Guzan but I'm sure I heard 'There's only one Shay Given' after his mistake. If that's from Villa fans then I don't think it matters what City fans did.

We need to get something out of this game so I will say 2-1 Villa.

I'm not a fan of Guzan but I'm sure I heard 'There's only one Shay Given' after his mistake. If that's from Villa fans then I don't think it matters what City fans did.

It wasn't from Villa fans.

Toffees have taken the lead against Manure. McCarthy waltzed past two defenders, lightning quick too.

EPL Saturday, 02/05/2015 : Aston Villa v Everton, KO 15:00 hours.

Prediction, made on 19/03/2015, Aston Villa 2-1 Everton

Aston Villa football club: record v Everton

Games won: 79
Games drawn: 58
Games lost: 80

Irrespective of Everton's game against Man United today, the up to or down to context for Aston Villa by next Saturday will depend on the results of the two games in hand being played this week.

Last nine in the EPL as at 25/04/2015 :

12 Everton 33 10 11 12 41 43 -2 41 : H Man United (26th)
13 West Bromwich Albion 34 9 10 15 32 46 -14 37
14 Newcastle United 34 9 8 17 36 57 -21 35
15 Aston Villa 34 8 8 18 26 48 -22 32
16 Hull City 33 7 10 16 31 45 -14 31 : H Liverpool (28th)
17 Leicester City 33 8 7 18 35 51 -16 31 : H Chelsea (29th)
18 Sunderland 33 5 15 13 26 49 -23 30
19 Queens Park Rangers 34 7 6 21 38 59 -21 27
20 Burnley 34 5 11 18 26 52 -26 26

Tue 28/04/2015 : Hull City 19:45 Liverpool

Wed 29/04/2015 : Leicester City 19:45 Chelsea

Well im planning on popping in the addies for this match to say high to everyone. So what time do you all usually meet up ?

Well im planning on popping in the addies for this match to say high to everyone. So what time do you all usually meet up ?

There's bound to be some of us there before then but most will be there for 1.30.

Be nice to meet you.

Everton have destroyed Man Utd today. It won't be an easy game, that's for sure!

Everton have destroyed Man Utd today. It won't be an easy game, that's for sure!

Lots of, presumably blind, Villa fans on Twitter saying the Toffees have been lucky and United the better team today.

McCarthy has been superb.

Lennon is like a bullet. Don't fancy Richardson's chances against him.

United is always a game they are pumped up for - if we play as well as we have in the last month we will win - with gabby and shay back in the team .

Lots of, presumably blind, Villa fans on Twitter saying the Toffees have been lucky and United the better team today.

McCarthy has been superb.

Lennon is like a bullet. Don't fancy Richardson's chances against him.

I hope lennon plays, he really is beyond sh*t! No doubt Mirallas will play though :(

I hope lennon plays, he really is beyond sh*t! No doubt Mirallas will play though :(

"Beyond sh*t"? You think so? That says a lot about poor old Richardson then.

Let's not worry About the opposition players - let them worry about us .

I'm hoping gabby will be fit and with benteke on fire we will be a potent threat - our midfield has been very good in recent games and old Gareth Barry will be panting like one of morphs clients after a 30 minute session in his clinic .

I felt yesterday that TS got it wrong to start with tactically. IMO he should have played with N'Zogbia and Grealish in the no.10 roles.

For Everton, I think he needs to do similar what he did yesterday. Pack the midfield out. I think he needs to try and do that by playing either Westwood or Sanchez.

I felt yesterday that TS got it wrong to start with tactically. IMO he should have played with N'Zogbia and Grealish in the no.10 roles.

For Everton, I think he needs to do similar what he did yesterday. Pack the midfield out. I think he needs to try and do that by playing either Westwood or Sanchez.

I would rather he played Westwood but think he has a thing for Sanchez. His goal yesterday will probably see him starting.