Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AlwaysAVillan

Fa Cup Final: Aston Villa 0 Arsenal 4

462 posts in this topic

The other problem is with so much of the world watching that match how badly did it hurt our chances of someone decent buying us off Lerner ?

Documentary about Villa and Arsenal fans and the Cup final is just starting on BBC 3.

That's a cracking picture and the memories of the scenes before the game will stay with me for a lifetime. Truly magical.

Equally the pain of that day still sits very heavy on me, Wembley can be a wonderful place but also horrid when you fail so momentously to perform. Especially with the world watching.

I have to admit its not my picture, but it shows what it meant to us all!

^^^^^ aye just watched it----one of the best comments was from the taxi driving Spurs fan-----Arsenal could let Villa put 2 more players on and they,d still win!!----how blinking true,---luved the young girl Villa fans passion,---that what we want!!!!

VTID-----

^^^^^ aye just watched it----one of the best comments was from the taxi driving Spurs fan-----Arsenal could let Villa put 2 more players on and they,d still win!!----how blinking true,---luved the young girl Villa fans passion,---that what we want!!!!

VTID-----

Didn't watch it, Freddy. I don't want the reminder.

Have the match and all the rest recorded from Saturday but can't bring myself to sit through it again.

^^^^ ditto Anne, recorded the whole dam lot---reckon I,d get more enjoyment from 12 episodes of corrie! can,t see me sitting through it,a complete deletion --at least will free up a vast amount of recording time---with The Ashes around the corner---

was only 5 days ago --but seems like a blinking eternity!!

Didn't watch it, Freddy. I don't want the reminder.

Have the match and all the rest recorded from Saturday but can't bring myself to sit through it again.

^^^^ ditto Anne, recorded the whole dam lot---reckon I,d get more enjoyment from 12 episodes of corrie! can,t see me sitting through it,a complete deletion --at least will free up a vast amount of recording time---with The Ashes around the corner---

Me too!! thought i was the only one who has it recorded but dont want to watch it yet..or at all!!

But we cannot bring ourselves to delete it just yet!! hate and love the way football makes you feel!!

Me too!! thought i was the only one who has it recorded but dont want to watch it yet..or at all!!

But we cannot bring ourselves to delete it just yet!! hate and love the way football makes you feel!!

same here. have the whole lot recorded but can't watch it back. just gonna delete it. Freddy don't bother with the ashes- it's not a real sport if they wear wooly jumpers and break for tea :wow: Watch the hurling on sky for some real entertainment...

ha ha luvin it Bri, man a sunny afternoon hearing the sound of willow cracking against leather,whilst sinking a flagon or 3 of cold beer,and munchin on cheese and cucumber freshly made sarnies!! what more can a middle aged chap ask for?----well there are quite a few things--lol :thumbup: :hh:

must try to watch a hurling game--man it looks like a fast and dangerous one----there,s a hurling pitch about 5 miles down the road--St Finbarrs they usually play on a Sunday I think? --must have a gander some time,

keep on smiling folks----we are Aston Villa-----and that's what matters----the world aint seen the last of us ---yet!!! we have too much pride history and tradition-----well the fans and club has-------------------the players that's another story!!

VTID

watched it

loved the guy at the wedding

felt the same way, come on villa, ffs

read the game well, out of our depth

we should have had 2 pens, who knows what may have happened?

^^^^^ thought the groom and his dad were top drawer---not very nice of brides old boy---calling his new son-in -law in his speech" a fat Villa t***"

hope he received a piece of cake in his mush!!

I've locked this thread as its run its cause.

Onwards and upwards !