Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

avstu

Man City 3 Aston Villa 2

Citizens more than capable of destroying us so today has to be a containment job. Can't let them hammer us.

Have, very optimistically, gone for a 2-2 draw but don't hold much hope of that happening.

NoNoNo! Containment is not an option - attack is our best form of defence - let's have a crack at them - fancy us to ruffle their feathers and not sure city players want it as much as us .

We tried a negative containment game at United and got thumped - the players are good enough - let them play .

NoNoNo! Containment is not an option - attack is our best form of defence - let's have a crack at them - fancy us to ruffle their feathers and not sure city players want it as much as us .

We tried a negative containment game at United and got thumped - the players are good enough - let them play .

An open game would suit City down to the ground though.

Have to be sensible and adapt to the opposition.

An open game would suit City down to the ground though.

Have to be sensible and adapt to the opposition.

I expect a Spurs style game where we hit them fast and hard on the break and play some neat football- have been unimpressed with city in recent weeks - looks like a team already thinking of the summer hols .

I expect a Spurs style game where we hit them fast and hard on the break and play some neat football- have been unimpressed with city in recent weeks - looks like a team already thinking of the summer hols .

Away form is dodgy but no issues at home. They're hoping to win their fifth consecutive home game. Look at their scoring record at home - and how few they have conceded.

Tough test today and I maintain that, above all else, we need to avoid a hammering.

Depending on results elsewhere, we could be in serious sh*t again after this weekend and being beaten 4-0 won't help our cause.

I think the two in the hole behind Benteke could really work. Toure won't chase back which will give one of Grealish or N'Zogbia a fair bit of space.

I think the two in the hole behind Benteke could really work. Toure won't chase back which will give one of Grealish or N'Zogbia a fair bit of space.

Gabby is supposed to be okay for tonight so I would expect Grealish behind Gabby and Benteke if that's the case.

Away form is dodgy but no issues at home. They're hoping to win their fifth consecutive home game. Look at their scoring record at home - and how few they have conceded.

Tough test today and I maintain that, above all else, we need to avoid a hammering.

Depending on results elsewhere, we could be in serious sh*t again after this weekend and being beaten 4-0 won't help our cause.

Go there and try to contain them as we did at United we will get hammered - go there and give it a go as we did at Spurs and we have a chance .

Sherwood said he hated the way he set up at old Trafford - I expect us to be far more positive today - we may get beat but we will give them a real game if we do .

Go there and try to contain them as we did at United we will get hammered - go there and give it a go as we did at Spurs and we have a chance .

Sherwood said he hated the way he set up at old Trafford - I expect us to be far more positive today - we may get beat but we will give them a real game if we do .

We'll see.

I know what I would do but there are a few reasons why I am not a Premier League manager.

Workrate desire and passion - they will not match us on those 3 counts - they have the quality of course far more than us - but we will give them a tough game - would be delighted with a point but who knows - we may Nick all 3

yup time for everyone to put the F.A.Cup on the back burner for a while,---

survival is now our primary concern--a point here would be great,3 points? a possibility,who knows,

Come On You Villa Boyzz-----------------"Fight Like Lions"

got me palace hammers and stoke scarfe,s on today---but will be surprised if hammers will do the business!!

Guest Morpheus

We should bring our newly founded momentum into this game and am looking forward to seeing us having a real go at them as defensively they can be got at. That being said they can be devastating going forward so could be a high scoring game coming up.

Going to go for a 4-2 City win unfortunately.

Line up for today?

Guzan Bacuna Okore Vlaar Richardson Sanchez Westwood Cleverly Delph Grealish Benteke