Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

avstu

Man City 3 Aston Villa 2

on the train again saturday for this one

have to change at crewe on the way ,,getting there half 1 (4 hours before kick off)

first stop will be the rail-bar in picadilly station

gonna give the manchester gay village a miss this time ,,,,,,,,2nd stop will be the green pub , back of the station

hopefully jeff stellings football saturday on sky sports news will be on

,then i might try a couple of man city pubs on the walk to the ground which isnt far

after the match a reversal of above ,,

,plus sausage rolls and cans for the half 9 train to new st from picadilly

A huge day looking at the other fixtures - I feel we will be safe in theory after the Everton game if we stick it to the toffees - would love to get a result at city but who knows.

Some big fixtures for our rivals so we know where we stand before our game kicks off .

Tim Sherwood has confirmed that Philippe Senderos and Aly Cissokho return to the squad for the Man City match on Saturday.

Senderos and Cissokho played 90 minutes for the U21s in their game with Newcastle on Monday.

And boss Sherwood says the pair will be back involved with the first team for the trip to the Etihad Stadium.

Sherwood also revealed that Nathan Baker and Ciaran Clark will miss out this weekend.

Baker is out with a knee injury and will be assessed on a week-to-week basis.

The manager said that it looks like Clark, injured against Tottenham, will be out for the rest of the season, a big blow as the centre-half has been one of the best performers this term.

Gabby Agbonlahor is facing a race against time for the clash with Manuel Pellegrini's side.

Sherwood said he hopes to see the pace ace available for the Man City match.

But, if not, he is confident of having Agbonlahor in the squad for the Everton encounter the following weekend.

SeeMs good news on the injury front - baker to be assessed weekly so still hope of being fit soon and senderos and Ali both back .

Could be a good time to play city - fancy a draw 1-1- delighted to see our injury crisis is improving too .

Is he a Liverpool Fan like his Da??

See what i did there with the accent?? lool

Yes, he too is a Red ST holders but is a decent rugby player.

Could be a good time to play city - fancy a draw 1-1- delighted to see our injury crisis is improving too .

their away form is dire but at home they are still very very very hard to beat in all fairness

This game is one where any thing is a bonus

their away form is dire but at home they are still very very very hard to beat in all fairness

This game is one where any thing is a bonus

they are fighting for champions league 4th place

so yes ,,,if we get a point ,,,,,thats a bonus

they are fighting for champions league 4th place

so yes ,,,if we get a point ,,,,,thats a bonus

Indeed but rather them be trying to hold onto 4th than chasing the title .

There has looked a lack of desire in them recently - we may surprise a few.

Will know how our rivals have done before we kick off so it will be a big afternoon .

Indeed but rather them be trying to hold onto 4th than chasing the title .

There has looked a lack of desire in them recently - we may surprise a few.

Will know how our rivals have done before we kick off so it will be a big afternoon .

Your right about their lack of desire but after the last two games i don't think we will be surprising anybody again this season, they will be expecting a hard game.

hope this match isnt a case of after the lord mayors show

yes 2 great results ,,,,,spurs away and liverpool in the semi

but that doesnt mean we can go to the home of the champions and get something

how often have villa built your hopes up only for them to come crashing down next match

we will probably loose this and if others win and we are back in the sh*t again

wigan were in a similar position 2 years ago ,,,,,,

after a great win in the semi final of the FA cup there league form suffered

we wont go down that road tho will we

not with tim sherwood ,,,,,,,,,christian benteke ,,,,,,and fabien delph

anyway ,,,, gonna try and get a few hours sleep now

before the bus to town and train at midday to picadilly

I agree Conman I also hope this isn't a case if after The Lord Mayors show.

It will be a very tough game and even though we have hit form city have possibly the best squad in the country. I think we will be beat 2-0. This isn't the game that will give us our 3 points needed for safety. ( still gonna bang a cheeky Tenna on us though )

Do people realise we are playing today and are still not safe?

Just wondering as there are the same amount of pages for a game happening over a month away as this.

Just wondering as there are the same amount of pages for a game happening over a month away as this.

We are not safe yet but very close - anything today is a bonus and I will be watching other games closely around us - one win against Everton or West Ham and we are home and dry in my opinion and I expect us to do so .

Everyone is excited about the final, but I do agree. We need to get ourselves safe as quickly as possible.

I do look at this game as a game that if we pick anything up its a bonus. However, given the fact that sides below us picked up points last weekend and Leicester and playing Burnley, we could find ourselves in a little bother after today.

Burnley draw with Leicester will do nicely - worried QPR will win today but hopeful Sunderland and hull will lose .

Citizens more than capable of destroying us so today has to be a containment job. Can't let them hammer us.

Have, very optimistically, gone for a 2-2 draw but don't hold much hope of that happening.