Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

avstu

Wembley: Aston Villa 2 Liverpool 1

Am aiming to Rich --aiming to ---you too man?

--did,nt catch many off the site yesterday, saw Danny 2x --at Green Man and half time near the Block 551 concourse seeming a wee bit inebriated with a plastic glass of ale slopping in his hand, could,nt speak too noisy, and I was in the horrendous queue for the dam carzeee had a clown behind me and feared my calves,might be getting a shower,

Haha yeah he hadn't eaten all day!

Queue downstairs didn't seem too bad. I'm gutted the final will be twice as expensive down there now. But I'm gonna do my best! Already looking at train tickets and possibly even the holiday inn

Alright all, infrequent red visitor here!

Congratulations to you for yesterday, you absolutely bossed it.

To a man, you played better than us in every position and I'm just glad Agbonlahor wasn't playing because the scoreline might have got embarrassing for us.

I blame the divvy with the "Wembley is our second home" banner - you always beat us when we're at home!

I'm not a lover of your boss from when he was at Spurs, but he looked like Stephen Hawking compared to our boss yesterday.

Mind you, even if Delph had used Hawking's 4mph electric wheelchair, he'd still have left Gerrard for dead.

Genuinely, good luck with the rest of the season and fingers crossed you beat Arsenal in the final.

See you next season :wave:

Freddy,

loved the "Hi Ho Silver lining" at the end. had our block 549, bouncing up and down.

Alright all, infrequent red visitor here!

Congratulations to you for yesterday, you absolutely bossed it.

To a man, you played better than us in every position and I'm just glad Agbonlahor wasn't playing because the scoreline might have got embarrassing for us.

I blame the divvy with the "Wembley is our second home" banner - you always beat us when we're at home!

I'm not a lover of your boss from when he was at Spurs, but he looked like Stephen Hawking compared to our boss yesterday.

Mind you, even if Delph had used Hawking's 4mph electric wheelchair, he'd still have left Gerrard for dead.

Genuinely, good luck with the rest of the season and fingers crossed you beat Arsenal in the final.

See you next season :wave:

As humble as the Liverpool fans I met on the way back, fair play to you all! I have a feeling Villa fans will be our 12th Man again in the final and that will help. Certainly against the prawn sandwich munching toffs of Arsenal!

Deano, --Aye was the same in 551 man--- great sound and sight, Richardson and somebody else I noticed might have been Lowton joined in as they left the pitch-not a soul left their spot until the celebrations were complete, my blinking flag pole end, bounced off the lad in front,s head--but credit to him he were,nt fussed thankfully--reckon no one wanted to leave,

was great going down them winding steps---with 100,s of fellow Villans in full voice from top to bottom,it sounded brill, will never forget it,!!

was a great view --would,nt mind the same seats at the final but was told by a gooner at the Green Man that we would be given the East Side? be the same view on that side I suppose--but the cost I,m led to believe will be almost double £90 ---robbing F.A. b****** with all the extortionate profit you,d think they would create more exits for cars and coaches----was a complete joke--2 blokes trying to control 5/6 rows of traffic---absolute farce!!

our driver said get back no more than 20-30 minutes after the whistle cos when the police say go he,s got to go!!! consequently we were all on board by 5-15!!!

I did,nt see any of Her Majesty,s finest in the car park-and to compound things the 2 non-official coaches on either side weren't boarded until 6.30!!!!!

Great article by rob bishop -

Tears...but of joy for claret and blue supporters.

Bishop

Some days will live with you forever, and Sunday April 19 is one of them.

The second FA Cup semi-final of 2015 was an occasion to treasure down the decades and share with your grandchildren.

For those of us who have reflected the club's fortunes down the years, it was a real gem.

I've followed Villa for nearly three decades and the 2-1 victory over Liverpool ranks alongside the best - the great European nights, the League Cup final triumphs of 1994 and 1996, the 6-4 semi-final against Blackburn Rovers five years ago.

It might well have been Blackburn in this semi, of course, and many supporters would probably have preferred that.

But experience has taught us to be cautious when Villa face so-called lesser opposition, whereas I was confident about this one.

When Phil McNulty from the BBC Sport website asked for a prediction I went for 2-1; for some reason I said 1-0 when Stan Collymore asked the same question.

Who cares? The actual scoreline is inconsequential compared with the achievement of reaching the Cup Final.

It has been a long season but with top-flight safety looking increasingly likely, we can all look forward to what should be another wonderful day on Saturday May 30.

Mind you, it will need to be something pretty amazing to top this.

Villa's previous two FA Cup semi-finals - even the win over Bolton in 2000 when a penalty shoot-out was required - had been turgid affairs.

This one was a carnival crowned by the team's best performance of the season.

You could sense something special in the air from early morning, when it was almost like matchday at Villa Park as thousands of fans congregated to catch the fleet of coaches carrying them to the spiritual home of English football.

It was understandably quiet at Wembley when we arrived but it soon became apparent from Twitter posts that many of the pubs designated to Villa supporters were already packed with Villans in buoyant mood.

During the build-up, there was a chance to catch up with several former Villans.

John Gregory, the manager when we last reached the Cup Final, was here on media duty.

So were Pat Heard, Ray Houghton and Andy Blair, who was co-commentating with Jack Woodward for AVTV.

And it was good to see Dion Dublin - the hero of the 2000 semi-final - sitting just in front of the press box.

Elsewhere, Peter Withe, Brian Little and Kenny Swain were at Wembley as guests, while Peter McParland, the man whose goals won us the Cup in 1957, and Ian Taylor took pride of place in the Royal Box.

They would all have been impressed with the endeavours of Tim Sherwood's men.

As Gregory observed after the match, "how on earth are this team invloved in a relegation battle?"

Gallery 640

And for the claret-and-blue faithful packed into the West Stand it made amends for so many low points earlier in the campaign.

As the teams lined up in the tunnel before the game, we had the first indication that the psychological battle might already be won.

Liverpool skipper Steven Gerrard, desperate to finish his Anfield career with a Cup Final appearance, looked anxious; Villa keeper Shay Given, who has been restricted to cup football this season, was grinning from ear to ear.

Their faces were mirrored by the match. While Liverpool never got into their stride, despite going ahead against the run of play, Tim Sherwood's men were in irrepressible mood from the outset.

At the end, after a few agonising minutes of stoppage-time, Delph and Given gave instant TV interviews while Benteke led the team towards fans belting out "Holte Enders in the Sky".

Some supporters were in tears, but they were tears of joy.

Oh what a perfect day, we're glad we spent it with you.

Deano, --Aye was the same in 551 man--- great sound and sight, Richardson and somebody else I noticed might have been Lowton joined in as they left the pitch-not a soul left their spot until the celebrations were complete, my blinking flag pole end, bounced off the lad in front,s head--but credit to him he were,nt fussed thankfully--reckon no one wanted to leave,

was great going down them winding steps---with 100,s of fellow Villans in full voice from top to bottom,it sounded brill, will never forget it,!!

was a great view --would,nt mind the same seats at the final but was told by a gooner at the Green Man that we would be given the East Side? be the same view on that side I suppose--but the cost I,m led to believe will be almost double £90 ---robbing F.A. b****** with all the extortionate profit you,d think they would create more exits for cars and coaches----was a complete joke--2 blokes trying to control 5/6 rows of traffic---absolute farce!!

our driver said get back no more than 20-30 minutes after the whistle cos when the police say go he,s got to go!!! consequently we were all on board by 5-15!!!

I did,nt see any of Her Majesty,s finest in the car park-and to compound things the 2 non-official coaches on either side weren't boarded until 6.30!!!!!

nice one Freddy,

was stuck at the car park at Hillingdon until nearly 7:00.

on the way down the M40, the cars with Villa scarves and flags must have outnumbered the red by 20 to 1. my kids loved it and didn't stop waving to them all.

came in on the metropolitan line and my oldest lad said its a good omen as the tube line colour was claret.

back on the M40,stopped at oxford services and it was a flood with villa shirts.

What a day I had, first I got left my ticket on the train and when I went to retrieve the doors closed and went down to marlybone ,then I had to get the train back up to Wembley with Chelsea fans who we're going to sit in the corporate area saying there Liverpool today.then I had to go get my tickets from Wembley ticket office which took me a good half an hour to find because there was only 1 steward who knew where I had to go.

After I grabbed my ticket I went to green man where I got refused entry so had to dive threw a bush to get into the pub.

Then to the game where it was the best game I have watched villa play, midfield hassled Liverpool and Benteke grealish and delph driving forward creating chances and scoring goals.

Motm for me was Tom Cleverly can't remember him putting a foot wrong all game, jack grealish close behind him for a player so young at Wembley to play with that much confidence shows what a special player we have.

1957;

villa win fa cup

falkirk win sfa cup

2015;

VILLA v arsenal fa cup final

FALKIRK v inverness sfa cup final

FATE?

you forgot 1913 mate

1913 falkirk scottish FA cup winners

1913 Aston Villa FA cup winners

2015 ,,,,,,,yes fate

you forgot 1913 mate

2015 ,,,,,,,yes fate

jeez what odds or the chances of that happening.............2015 its happening :thumbup:

Really fab support at wembley...that result was for the fans who have had to put up with so much dross for 4 years at least!

Bit worried about the Ballotelli 'goal'...first bit of luck we have had at wembley since the bolton non-show semi..

Also Grealish was excellent....but too much hype over one performance. He'll be signing for Barca soon at this rate, according to TALK LONDON SPORT !!

Lets see how he does against man c first......and we still need 4points to STAY UP!!

^^^ nice one conman,--some belting lines there ,___

"we,re annihilating these"---

"the F.A. said on Stevee Gee,s birthday he,s gonna go to Wembley and win the F.A.Cup----So what,s all this s*** about!!!!"---

absolute gems!! ,

you forgot 1913 mate

2015 ,,,,,,,yes fate

Only two times they've won it, we won ours.......founded the same year as us as well.....eerie.

Just checked Falkirk, the Club was founded two years after AVFC, in 1876.

Falkirk F.C.
Falkirk Football Club are a Scottish professional association football club based in the town of Falkirk. The club was founded 1876 and competes in the Scottish Championship as a member of the Scottish Professional Football League. - Wiki