Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

avstu

Tottenham 0 Aston Villa 1

173 posts in this topic

I like cleverly today and Benteke.

honestly, they play hard. unfortunatly we lost Clark (baker in).

Poor Clark looked rather unsteady there. Hope it's nothing serious. Need him.

Good save from Guzan.

Some good balls from Cleverley.

Get in, son!

Nice!!!! Benteke has really shown us what he can do lately. Glad he was able to make something happen out of that.

Fingers crossed we don't switch off at the back like we do usually at the wrong times....

Excellent first half - totally deserve our lead - keep concentrating and finish them off villa :)

Good first half. Benteke took his goal well. Gabby was very unlucky with his chance.

Sanchez really needs to book his ideas up - still a liability. Felt we got lucky when Delph, Sanchez, Baker and Bacuna all slid in and they walked through our side.

However, its half time and we are winning 1-0. Job well done.. SO FAR.

Its vital now that TS reminds the players of Tuesday night - they need to come out and be better than they was that first half if we are to see this through. Spurs wont be that bad in the second half.

Spurs will get a lucky pen,we are diving in desperation in the box!

Man up and be positive you moaning Minnie ;)

Spurs have dominated in truth, Richardson started poor but has gradually improved but i am still nervy about our defence. Whenever Benteke scores he becomes such a strong confident player. We need to concentrate and hit this poor spurs defence on the counter

Grealish just cant get in the game as we are counter attacking, does not suit his style. N'Zogbia much better suited to this game

Surprised baker got the nod ahead of okore - impressive team display so far .

Spurs have dominated in truth, Richardson started poor but has gradually improved but i am still nervy about our defence. Whenever Benteke scores he becomes such a strong confident player. We need to concentrate and hit this poor spurs defence on the counter

Grealish just cant get in the game as we are counter attacking, does not suit his style. N'Zogbia much better suited to this game

Spurs have dominated? Rubbish - we totally deserve the lead !

Surprised baker got the nod ahead of okore - impressive team display so far .

Baker being Left footed and a natural left sided CB, Okore is a right sided CB

We look dangerous whenever we go forward. Great ball by Bacuna and fantastic header by Benteke to give us the lead. I thought Gabby was unlucky and it was great effort when he hit the post. I slate Gabby time and time again, all I want from him is to show that each week. It is simply using his pace, he doesn't need a brain for that.

I feel we are still weak at the back and look like conceding as much as we do scoring. Turned into a complete shambles towards the end of that first half. It sort of worked with Vlaar and Clark because Clark will sit and sweep up whenever Vlaar goes AWOL and runs out of position. Problem now being Baker tends to do the same as Vlaar, as we saw when both dived in 30 yards out leaving us severely under pressure.

Think Cleverley has played well, as always, and also think Grealish takes so much pressure off our back four. He wins free kicks or plays a simple one two and defence turns to attack. I want to see him starting consistently.

Spurs have dominated? Rubbish - we totally deserve the lead !

They have had plenty of the ball and got through a few times but nothing clear cut i agree bar the Rose chance

great to be going in 1 up---- don't switch off now Villa,---keep them concentration levels high---remember Tuesday!!

Come On You Lions,--

listening to Big Ken and Jack on AVTV---oh dear!!

its also the live commentary game on 5 Live----but they keep going to Aintree for every blinking race,

Come On Villa----Fight Like Lions for this second half and bring them points home.

One of the best 1st half for villa for this year. Just don't play for a draw.

They have had plenty of the ball and got through a few times but nothing clear cut i agree bar the Rose chance

I think Spurs have been poor - as they were at burnley .

Villa the better team for me so far without doubt.

One of the best 1st half for villa for this year. Just don't play for a draw.

Don't think Sherwood would ever play for a draw - not in his DNA .

Half Time Stats

Tottenham - Aston Villa

3 Shots on target 1

5 Shots off target 5

58% Possession 42%

4 Corner kicks 1

3 Offsides 1

4 Fouls 3