FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Joey Barton

The Aston Villan

Aston Villa are one of two clubs trying to sign Joey Barton

Aston Villa are one of TWO top ten clubs that have moved to sign disgraced Newcastle midfielder Joey Barton.

Villa and and another as yet unnamed club have moved to take the 25-year-old player, who faces a 12-month FA ban at a hearing on Friday for his part in an assault on ex-Manchester City team-mate Ousmane Dabo.

Villa boss Martin O'Neill is believed to see Barton as a long-tewrm replacement for Gareth Barry whose agent confirmed recently that the England star remains a Villa player "for now".

As i say i hope this is aint true cant see it and i'll be breathing a huge sigh of relief when the window shuts with this sorta s*it flying about

i will be more than dissapointed if this is true, whether we sign him or not the very fact we could be in the running is enough for me... he is not the kind of player/man*(use those terms very loosely) i want linked with our club in any way at all, he is a thug on and off the pitch and imo will cast a shodow over all the good signings this summer.

PREDICTIONLEAGUE.gif

XBOX Gamertag : VillAlMiGhtY

replace barry, why would he replace a player that he knows he has for another 12months? And theres still a chance he could stay.

Also, why would he sign ANOTHER midfielder when he has 5 players who can play in that position?

MON isnt stupid, people have heard MON's looking for players and put the english thing and Joey Barton together and made two.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

any deal for barton now dead... i doubt it was villa in talks tho, newcastle mentioned some sort of player swap, i cant imagine we have any spare people to send them, im thinking it was pompey...?

PREDICTIONLEAGUE.gif

XBOX Gamertag : VillAlMiGhtY

Archived