Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Peever

Aston Villa 3 Qpr 3

194 posts in this topic

Not sure considering the game whether it was one point gained or two lost?

We'll know at the end of the season but Sherwood still doesn't convince me at all.

Just back. Surprised nobody has mentioned how bad the ref was!!! Missed the back pass. And gave a free kick for Austin deliberate hand ball but no yellow? Grealish got clattered several times, but nothing. He was a joke.

Gutted with a point. There was such a lack of movement at times. We resort to the hoof ball far too often and guzan distribution is nowhere near good enough to cope with that style.

Back pass? It was off his knee so wasnt a back pass. Also, someone in the pub was saying how bad the ref was, I didnt really notice.

The game for me was a game of two halves. We was in total control the first half so to only go in 2-1 up was a worry as QPR were always going to come back at us.

I felt that TS got it wrong playing Richardson over Lowton. I also felt Grealish justified his selection. He linked the ball well - always gave an option so wasnt best pleased when he went off as i felt we lost that.

Didn't see the handball but the back pass he got right as it was played back off his knee.

That still counts as a pass back surely? Anywhere other than chest or head is a pass back

Back pass? It was off his knee so wasnt a back pass. Also, someone in the pub was saying how bad the ref was, I didnt really notice.

The game for me was a game of two halves. We was in total control the first half so to only go in 2-1 up was a worry as QPR were always going to come back at us.

I felt that TS got it wrong playing Richardson over Lowton. I also felt Grealish justified his selection. He linked the ball well - always gave an option so wasnt best pleased when he went off as i felt we lost that.

Richardson is one of the worst players I've ever seen in a villa shirt. Absolutely dire. And why he took bacuna off instead of him baffles, unless he had an injury. And did anyone else notice how afraid players were of running atvplayers and into the box? Take a risk guys you may even be brought down and win a penalty. We didn't do this even late on. Too intent on crossing it or winning a corner. And jacks corners first half were laughable

On the plus side Joe Cole looked very good again.

Richardson is one of the worst players I've ever seen in a villa shirt. Absolutely dire. And why he took bacuna off instead of him baffles, unless he had an injury. And did anyone else notice how afraid players were of running atvplayers and into the box? Take a risk guys you may even be brought down and win a penalty. We didn't do this even late on. Too intent on crossing it or winning a corner. And jacks corners first half were laughable

On the plus side Joe Cole looked very good again.

I thought Cole was poor. Gave the ball away 4-5 times with stupidly over hit balls. Maybe i need to re-watch the game because a few have said he did ok when he came on.

As for Jack's crosses - Some were poor, some wasnt. However, we must of had about 6 corner takers (if not more) this season and not one of them can consistantly cross a decent ball from a corner. Don't get why someone like Bacuna or even Lowton isnt taking them personally.

Bacuna became isolated in the second half however I felt we needed to look at ways to get him back into the game because he was such a handful in the first half. Instead he just subbed him.

Guzan needs to be dropped.

Richardson was clearly not fit.

Sanchez should stop shooting and concentrate on his passes.

agree with you there Stu-would have preferred Lowton instead of Richardson,after all Lowton is a full back

where as did,nt Richardson say under lambert,s reign that he did,nt want to play at full back!! its obvious that he can,t especially when up against a proper winger!--furthermore I thought Cissoko also a full back by profession was available!!

Bacunna is a threat going forward but again not a full back---I queried his going off,but Joe said he had gone over to the bench beforehand -so may have picked up a knock,

reckon we missed Westwood Sinclair and Hutton last night the sooner they are back then imo the better,

what,s happened to Gil?--not even on the bench!! what surprised me was 3 defenders Okore,Lowton and Baker all named as subs for a home game.

thought midfield fairly held its own and was,nt bullied,

at least we are now scoring goals---just need to concede less,

Andy, well man you got the Villa goal tally bang on---just need to look a bit deeper into the crystal ball for the opposition tally,!! glanced over and missed ya last night,but K1 was rammed!!

Yeah I didn't predict we would forget how to defend. Changed seats yesterday freddy to sit with some pals.

Next time I see you might down wembley way.

I didn't notice anything too drastic myself either. Maybe a few throw ins that went wrong way and the "back pass" that wasnt..... So I dont get all the heat on the ref.

Thought the ref was decent enough - agree Lowton should have been at left back and not richardson .

Grealish had a good first half and faded in the 2nd - not sure Vlaar coming back in improved the defence as we looked very panicky at times - bacuna at fault for first goal and richardson at fault for 2nd and 3rd goals - must cut out giving away silly goals !

Thought the ref was decent enough - agree Lowton should have been at left back and not richardson .

Grealish had a good first half and faded in the 2nd - not sure Vlaar coming back in improved the defence as we looked very panicky at times - bacuna at fault for first goal and richardson at fault for 2nd and 3rd goals - must cut out giving away silly goals !

It was never going to improve us. Taxi for Vlaar

Bang on Eastie, and it baffles me,Timbo,s chosen men, mistakes by 2,i have to say --not real full backs, when Sissoko by all reports was available, and Lowton was on the bench, have already said I prefer Lowton even at L.B. to Richardson--who has,nt yet impressed me wherever he plays, Bacunna is good going forward-but a wee bit lacking with defensive quality,s

--hope Timbo learns quickly as we enter the final 6 games,

i would play cissoke saturday if he is fit

and bring back okore for vlaar

and hope alan hutton is fit

I thought Cole was poor. Gave the ball away 4-5 times with stupidly over hit balls. Maybe i need to re-watch the game because a few have said he did ok when he came on.

As for Jack's crosses - Some were poor, some wasnt. However, we must of had about 6 corner takers (if not more) this season and not one of them can consistantly cross a decent ball from a corner. Don't get why someone like Bacuna or even Lowton isnt taking them personally.

Bacuna became isolated in the second half however I felt we needed to look at ways to get him back into the game because he was such a handful in the first half. Instead he just subbed him.

Yeah our corners were shocking. 7 of them and I bet more than half hit the first man. They had 3 and scored from one.

The last four managers have clearly not bothered with set piece routines hence why we offer no threat from them. Under O'Neill it was one part of our game you could guarantee we'd be dangerous from

^^^^ corners leave me real exacerpated!! talked about this last night, the ball aint heavy,--all season they have been shocking,rarely getting past the first defender,--it seems it don't matter who takes them,i reckon we tried 3 players last night,Jack,Delphy,and T.C.---I,d like to see Bacunna and Lowton given a go!!

i would play cissoke saturday if he is fit

and bring back okore for vlaar

and hope alan hutton is fit

Best back four would be Hutton, Cissokho, clark Okore with shay in goal .

One of the better matches this season, very exciting and entertaining ! Of course a bit gutted that we couldn´t win, but we just have to blame ourselves.

Delph, Benteke and Gabby were the standout players for me. Sanchez could have been great, but gave the ball away too many times, especially in the second half. Richardson was a wrong choice from Sherwood, he is an ok player, but NOT in that position. He is no defender, Phillips had him in his pocket all game.

I missed Okore for Vlaar, he is better and pairs good with Clark. We missed Cissokho and Hutton too.

If Joe Cole just could run a bit quicker... He has a good vision, but is too slow. Grealish, on the other hand, is too tiny and light, he has a long way to go, before he is a proper 1st team player. He is good, being so young, but 20-30 minutes per match as a sub works better ?

We should have won, our injury crisis cost us two points yersterday, or Sherwood´s choices, I don´t know. Not knowing how fit each individual is, it´s hard to say, but I would have chosen differently, especially when thinking our back four.

Next, Spurs, how about a win ?

Ref was shocking imo, handball he never gave a card numerous kicking the ball away by QPR players which he allowed, just in general the QPR lads got away with a lot

Richardson cost us that game, why was he even in the team over Lowton? Guzan was dreadful as always but thats just what we expect from him on a weekly basis now

Grealish on the ball looks ok but his end product was terrible and imo deserved to be subbed off

Ramsey changing his team to a 3-5-2 helped them and i feel he tactically outsmarted Sherwood, was impressed by that and can see why Sherwood thinks a lot of him, would be a good addition when he leaves in the summer

Think now we are relying on the teams around us to be consistently dropping points as we are struggling to finish teams off and get 3 points. Every game is now must win but with Benteke looking on fire we have a good chance but Sherwood needs to drop Richardsod

no need to panic, Hull will go down !!