Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

avstu

Sunderland 0 Aston Villa 4

212 posts in this topic

Tim said in his pre match interview that--"we,ve come here to win" and boy was he right,--what a change!

players seem to have had the shackles removed,its great to see so many driving forward, 5 on 3 in one attack,

first goal was a good team goal--- and Bacunna marauding down the right created both of Benteke,s goals.

Gabby slotted home both his goals,--and it was a good all round team performance,

reckon its still any 3 from 7--but at least we are---fighting like Lions!!

thats what I like about us niow, we are scrapping and scoring. Out of Sherwoods games in charge, we have scored in all but one game. Lets hope we can cling on. I still reckon we may go down but prove me wrong lads!

I admit that Clevz and Zog were brilliant, but not a lot of mention of what a game Bacuna had, for me he would have been in with a shout for MotM

Fantastic performance by the team but helped by a really poor Sunderland team who allowed us to pass it around like a practice game with no pressure on the ball especially in the first half.

That being said under Lambert we would have stood off them and probably taken just a point from the game.

It's going to be interesting to see how we approach the next set of games playing better teams? Will we adopt the same approach or play a little more defensively?

We were sh*t second half.

Why can't we play for 90 mins ?

Sherwood out

We were quality first half best we've plsyed for years.

Well done lads

UTV

We were sh*t second half.

Why can't we play for 90 mins ?

Sherwood out

We were quality first half best we've plsyed for years.

Well done lads

UTV

#b6out ????

:wow: :wow: :wow:

glad you guys had a good day out on the road for once!

Gabby was lucky with his first but took his second well.

The Stadium of Light is a very dark place these days.

disagree mate, he distracted the defender into making a mistake and took his goal very well

disagree mate, he distracted the defender into making a mistake and took his goal very well

He pounced on O'Shea's error and did well to dribble through the defence but the angle was so tight it could have gone either way really.

Really good win, couldn't believe the scoreline!

Watching MOTD it showed how useles Sunderland were though...Gabby basically strolled through for his goals with barely a challenge!

Good attacking play ...WHERE HAS THAT BEEN ALL SEASON? yeah Lambert blah blah, but even so..

Nice to see Cleverley play a few forward passes! Bacuna did well....Nzogbia too...bad miss by Sinclair, worse than Ideye!

Burnley won so still work to do, as Sherwood rightly said...

BUT this is a big step forwards.....

Benteke and Gabby are in Garth Crooks' team of the week.

Benteke and Gabby are in Garth Crooks' team of the week.

Well tim did say they were the best strike partnership outside the top 6