FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

New Hosting Fee's

avstu

Sounds good, how far are we away from image uploads direct to the forum?

For me I'd be happy to pay a monthly sub if it meant ad free....but that's just my views.

Images direct to the forum would cost much more than we are currently paying.

As for the ads - I presume you mean the pop ups? These will be removed soon as the current agreement runs out as I am not a fan of them myself. It was something we tried.

Ads as a whole - they don't make us an awful lot but every little counts. For the ads to go completely we would need to cover th hosting costs on a monthly basis which we only managed about 3-4 times last year.

We started this year well but we are well off the total for this month.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just had this trying to get back in (I was logged in).

Error 1001 Ray ID: 1baad829bf690a7e • 2015-02-18 14:16:46 UTC
DNS resolution error
What happened?

You've requested a page on a website (www.avillafan.com) that is on the CloudFlare network. CloudFlare is currently unable to resolve your requested domain (www.avillafan.com). There are two potential causes of this:

Most likely: if the owner just signed up for CloudFlare it can take a few minutes for the website's information to be distributed to our global network.
Less likely: something is wrong with this site's configuration. Usually this happens when accounts have been signed up with a partner organization (e.g., a hosting provider) and the provider's DNS fails.

I checked website informer and AVillaFan was down.

AVFC RFC SAFC

• 3 months later...

Just a point of note - Would a private section available only to paying members be an option - this happened on h&v and those who paid into the forum gained orivate access to their own section - just a thought ?

Possibly those paying into being highlighted in a different colour name - pretty sure that's how h&v did it and still do I believe .

2q9w86r.png35db988.png

That then causes segregation between paying members and non-paying members.

We don't want that.

Fair point .

Not sure if it's viable but how about fundraiser using the lottery bonus ball as a prize where those who wanted to paid £1 a week via PayPal into it and half the prize paid out when bonus ball is won and the other half funds the site ?

Bonus ball would often roll over and sometimes a decent jackpot to be won on it

Just an idea - nothing ventured nothing gained .

2q9w86r.png35db988.png

Fair point .

Not sure if it's viable but how about fundraiser using the lottery bonus ball as a prize where those who wanted to paid £1 a week via PayPal into it and half the prize paid out when bonus ball is won and the other half funds the site ?

Bonus ball would often roll over and sometimes a decent jackpot to be won on it

Just an idea - nothing ventured nothing gained .

If there is enough interest it can happen.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

If there is enough interest it can happen.

Even if you got only 10 people that's £40 a month of which half would be prize money - I've seen these Saturday night bonus ball competitions with a similar number of players build up a real jackpot as there's a 49/1 chance of winning and a few rollovers make the pot worth winning and build interest .

Would also boost the site coffers .

PayPal makes it easy to pay £1 a week entry fee .

2q9w86r.png35db988.png

Archived