Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Loyalvillan

Merson Predicts

Thats football mate, every manager/player etc has great things to say when @ your club, it soon dies when they move on. Ass @ times i agree, but a fantastic player down @ the Villa

does not seem to have a lot of love for us nowadays!

Was just thinking that.

This is a huge derby, but not as big as Villa's clash with Birmingham midweek! I am going to go with Villa. Losing 3-2 at Leicester after being two goals up will affect them, but they are a young team and they will learn from their experience.

I think Villa will just have too much for them. I think West Brom are going to struggle. They were lucky against Southampton. They have to get Saido Berahino back in the team. There is no point chopping off their nose to spite their face, they need him.

PAUL PREDICTS: 2-1

I don't know what game Tim Sherwood was watching in midweek. The first half was atrocious. It's a nervy affair and both teams really need a win, but I'm just going to go with Liverpool by a hair.

Villa won their first game, but that seems a long, long time ago. We're still not quite sure what Sherwood's style is, and results have shown that this season. The derby win against Birmingham was massive.

I'm a great believer that if teams aren't winning, they're not very good. It's not down to luck with Liverpool; something is not right. They failed to beat West Ham, failed to beat Norwich, couldn't beat Carlisle over 120 minutes. We're not talking about world-beating teams here.

PAUL PREDICTS: 1-0

This is a really big game for Aston Villa - they haven't won since the first game of the season. Stoke managed to get their first win of the season last week at home to Bournemouth.

I can see this being a really close game. There is something missing with Villa at the moment and Stoke are a lot better than their league position suggests.

PAUL PREDICTS: 1-1