Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Loyalvillan

Merson Predicts

87 posts in this topic

From Loyal's post (above) :

I hope he is right!!

This game may be taking place midweek because of Aston Villa’s FA Cup semi-final engagement

on April 20

Merson has got that wrong !

FA Cup Semi-Final, Sunday, 19/04/2015 : Aston Villa v X, KO 15:00 hours, BT Sport.

Tottenham v Aston Villa, Saturday 3pm

There will be bundles of goals here. Villa love it when teams have a go at them and Spurs will do just that. When teams sit back against Villa, they don’t like it. Tim Sherwood has looked at it and thought ‘we aren’t going to keep too many clean sheets, so we’ll have to score our way out of trouble.’ I played with Tim at Portsmouth and he’s a really good lad. A winner. He reminds me of John Gregory as he gets really involved on the touchline.

PAUL PREDICTS: 2-2

This is a big game for both sides. I know it's early in the season but this sees where you are going to be at the end of the season.

Palace had a good result against Norwich but were then a bit unlucky not to get anything against Arsenal. I think they might just edge this one because they are at home and will be a bit more ruthless than Bournemouth were against Villa on the opening day.

Villa have one win and one loss as well and I think Tim Sherwood will be quietly pleased with three points, one goal scored and one conceded – it's not the worst start in the world.

PAUL PREDICTS: 2-0

Best player i've ever seen grace the middle of the pitch, things that bloke could do, he was a class-act. Never had a player like that since he left.

Best player i've ever seen grace the middle of the pitch, things that bloke could do, he was a class-act. Never had a player like that since he left.

does not seem to have a lot of love for us nowadays!

Thats football mate, every manager/player etc has great things to say when @ your club, it soon dies when they move on. Ass @ times i agree, but a fantastic player down @ the Villa

does not seem to have a lot of love for us nowadays!

Was just thinking that.

This is a huge derby, but not as big as Villa's clash with Birmingham midweek! I am going to go with Villa. Losing 3-2 at Leicester after being two goals up will affect them, but they are a young team and they will learn from their experience.

I think Villa will just have too much for them. I think West Brom are going to struggle. They were lucky against Southampton. They have to get Saido Berahino back in the team. There is no point chopping off their nose to spite their face, they need him.

PAUL PREDICTS: 2-1

I don't know what game Tim Sherwood was watching in midweek. The first half was atrocious. It's a nervy affair and both teams really need a win, but I'm just going to go with Liverpool by a hair.

Villa won their first game, but that seems a long, long time ago. We're still not quite sure what Sherwood's style is, and results have shown that this season. The derby win against Birmingham was massive.

I'm a great believer that if teams aren't winning, they're not very good. It's not down to luck with Liverpool; something is not right. They failed to beat West Ham, failed to beat Norwich, couldn't beat Carlisle over 120 minutes. We're not talking about world-beating teams here.

PAUL PREDICTS: 1-0

This is a really big game for Aston Villa - they haven't won since the first game of the season. Stoke managed to get their first win of the season last week at home to Bournemouth.

I can see this being a really close game. There is something missing with Villa at the moment and Stoke are a lot better than their league position suggests.

PAUL PREDICTS: 1-1