Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Loyalvillan

Merson Predicts

Don't know why but I'm feeling optimistic about this one and I'm predicting that we'll get at least a point.

Merse gives his take on the Chelsea game!

I can't see anything but Chelsea winning, and I'm being kind. The easy bit with these two teams is the nil. Last week was atrocious for Villa, and I mean atrocious. Sooner or later, they've got to take a chance, go out and have a go, free-swing it against Chelsea.

If you sit back and play 10 behind the ball, Chelsea will break you down before the end of the football match. I can see how they tried to squeeze the game and close Arsenal in, but they're just not that good.

They need to open this game up and have a go. I worry for Villa, if you're not scoring goals I just don't know how you stay up.

PAUL PREDICTS: 0-2

quoted on SSN that he was "disappointed" we did not sign another player or two!

This to me says one of two things, 1. Lambert wanted the signings but the Club could not reach an agreement! 2. he is already starting to defend his position in preparation for mitigation in a compensation claim if sacked!!

Merson give his take on tomorrows Game

Villa have got to go to Hull and not lose, especially after Hull’s good result at Man City. Having been dropped for the game against Chelsea, Benteke should be back for this one. I think Lambert knows that if he leaves him out again he’s got a death wish.

Benteke needs to score goals, that is what he’s there for. They probably had more crosses on Saturday than they’ve had for a while, and he wasn’t playing.

PAUL PREDICTS: 1-1

How come everyone can see we need to score goals except Lambert?

Cause he is a cnut.

Merse sounding positive!!

It’s Tim Sherwood’s first game in charge and I’ve got a good feeling for Villa. I don’t usually go against Stoke but I know what Tim’s like. He’s infectious and he’ll get them going. With the game being at Villa Park, that will help and the atmosphere will be excellent. It’s been quite empty in recent weeks but I think it’ll be packed out for this and that will help the team. I’m going for 2-1 Villa and, as I mentioned, it’s very rare for me to against the Potters.

PAUL PREDICTS: 2-1

:thumbsup:

Let's hope so

got a good feeling for Saturday

Please!

really looking forward to Sat, more so than in a long time...an age it seems!!

Hope the Fans come back for the first game of a new era and rock Villa Park!!

really looking forward to Sat, more so than in a long time...an age it seems!!

Hope the Fans come back for the first game of a new era and rock Villa Park!!

hope to see you in the Ads Saturday mate?

Am really looking forward to this.

I may well be disappointed but don't think I will be and at least I feel positive.

Am really looking forward to this.

I may well be disappointed but don't think I will be and at least I feel positive.

:clap:

Let's hope for a great day!

Merse does not see us getting anything Sat, i happen to agree with him and see Newcastle bouncing back in style,

Newcastle got rinsed last week, while Villa have a new manager – I thought it was a good decision bringing in Tim Sherwood, but nothing really changed against Stoke on Sunday. They had just three shots last week, only two on target and I thought they would have had a lot more than that.

So I think Newcastle will bounce back this week and win 2-0.

PAUL PREDICTS: 2-0

Merse does not see us getting anything Sat, i happen to agree with him and see Newcastle bouncing back in style,

We didn't play Stoke on Sunday, which shows how much attention Paul was paying us.

Can't see a win. Haven't beaten them in our last seven encounters.

Paul is hopeful of us beating the baggies and then staying up!! Amazing what a win does for us eh?

I’m going for a repeat of the Premier League result midweek. Neither side wants a draw here, but you know Tim Sherwood will be well up for this.

Benteke’s confidence will be boosted by his penalty and I’m backing him to score again on Saturday and then go on and score enough goals to keep Villa up.

PAUL PREDICTS: 2-1