Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Loyalvillan

Merson Predicts

Gonna keep this going week upon week just to see how his predictions carry out, anyway here is his thoughts on the Palace game,

Aston Villa had a couple of chances at Swansea, should have had a stonewall penalty the other week, but then [Fabian] Delph getting sent off does not do them any favours. That is a bad, bad loss for Villa, and for him really as he was playing well, his contract is up at the end of the season and he might have thought he would go in January. I do not know if he will now.

I think this is a hard game for Villa as one thing that Palace have got is pure pace on the break with [Wilfried] Zaha, [Yannick] Bolasie and [Jason] Puncheon, who will cause them problems. I do not think that there will be much between these two teams, so I am going to go 1-1 again.

PAUL PREDICTS: 1-1

Seems about right .

If you draw every game you get 38 points, need to be winning home games like this.

Leic V Villa prediction by Paul Merson

Leicester v Aston Villa – Saturday, 3pm

Leicester have been playing well and have really recovered from that difficult patch they went through a month or so ago. They were bang unlucky at Liverpool the other day and I think they’ll get the win on Saturday.

Villa simply do not score enough goals, they have failed to score in ten games this season, and they’ve only managed to score two goals in two games. They haven’t scored three goals in a game this season and in the end that catches up with you.

They are defending OK but they’ve scored just four goals away from home all season and you’re not going to win too many matches like that. They are struggling and I think they are fortunate to be where they are in the league – if results don’t go their way Villa could be in real trouble come Saturday night.

If they were to lose Benteke in January they would be relegated, simple as. He’s the only person they have who looks like they can score a goal. They have to keep hold of him.

PAUL PREDICTS: 2-0

Gonna keep this going week upon week just to see how his predictions carry out, anyway here is his thoughts on the Palace game,

Pretty much how I would call it.

IMO Mers is spot on with his assessment, he simply sees what many of us villa fans see.