Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Loyalvillan

Merson Predicts

87 posts in this topic

Gonna keep this going week upon week just to see how his predictions carry out, anyway here is his thoughts on the Palace game,

Aston Villa had a couple of chances at Swansea, should have had a stonewall penalty the other week, but then [Fabian] Delph getting sent off does not do them any favours. That is a bad, bad loss for Villa, and for him really as he was playing well, his contract is up at the end of the season and he might have thought he would go in January. I do not know if he will now.

I think this is a hard game for Villa as one thing that Palace have got is pure pace on the break with [Wilfried] Zaha, [Yannick] Bolasie and [Jason] Puncheon, who will cause them problems. I do not think that there will be much between these two teams, so I am going to go 1-1 again.

PAUL PREDICTS: 1-1

Seems about right .

If you draw every game you get 38 points, need to be winning home games like this.

I don't give a f*ck what that drunk says

I don't give a f*ck what that drunk says

Bit harsh mate

Bit harsh mate

Don't like him

Leic V Villa prediction by Paul Merson

Leicester v Aston Villa – Saturday, 3pm

Leicester have been playing well and have really recovered from that difficult patch they went through a month or so ago. They were bang unlucky at Liverpool the other day and I think they’ll get the win on Saturday.

Villa simply do not score enough goals, they have failed to score in ten games this season, and they’ve only managed to score two goals in two games. They haven’t scored three goals in a game this season and in the end that catches up with you.

They are defending OK but they’ve scored just four goals away from home all season and you’re not going to win too many matches like that. They are struggling and I think they are fortunate to be where they are in the league – if results don’t go their way Villa could be in real trouble come Saturday night.

If they were to lose Benteke in January they would be relegated, simple as. He’s the only person they have who looks like they can score a goal. They have to keep hold of him.

PAUL PREDICTS: 2-0

Leic V Villa prediction by Paul Merson

w**ker . He is

Gonna keep this going week upon week just to see how his predictions carry out, anyway here is his thoughts on the Palace game,

Pretty much how I would call it.

IMO Mers is spot on with his assessment, he simply sees what many of us villa fans see.

I predict 1-0 Leicester

I predict 1-0 Leicester

they will score so we need to get a few goals....something which has been lacking all season!! how many times have we scored more than once this season> Cue Larry

they will score so we need to get a few goals....something which has been lacking all season!! how many times have we scored more than once this season> Cue Larry

Hull st home is the only one I can think of.

Hull st home is the only one I can think of.

Hull and Leicester are the only two games where we've scored more than one

I think i must be crazy but i see us winning this one albeit 1-0. Leicester have five first team players out including schmeichel who at villa park was their best player imo. They are desperate for a win and will push bodies forward and hopefully we hit them on the counter . On paper we have a much better team but we cant score in a brothel at the moment going to be an intresting one hopefully we come out on top.

Hull and Leicester are the only two games where we've scored more than one

thats crazy Man!!

Here is the evidence, it is just Hull City and Leicester City.

Season 2014-2015

Aug 16 SAT A 1 Stoke City 1-0 W
Aug 23 SAT H 2 Newcastle 0-0 D
Aug 31 SUN H 3 Hull City 2-1 W
Sep 13 SAT A 4 Liverpool 1-0 W
Sep 20 SAT H 5 Arsenal 0-3 L
Sep 27 SAT A 6 Chelsea 0-3 L
Oct 04 SAT H 7 Man City 0-2 L
Oct 18 SAT A 8 Everton 0-3 L
Oct 27 Mon A 9 Q P Rangers 0-2 L
Nov 02 SUN H 10 Tottenham 1-2 L
Nov 08 SAT A 11 West Ham 0-0 D
Nov 24 Mon H 12 Southampton 1-1 D
Nov 29 SAT A 13 Burnley 1-1 D
Dec 02 Tue A 14 Cryst Palace 1-0 W
Dec 07 SUN H 15 Leicester 2-1 W
Dec 13 SAT A 16 W B Albion 0-1 L
Dec 20 SAT H 17 Man United 1-1 D
Dec 26 Fri A 18 Swansea 0-1 L
Dec 28 SUN H 19 Sunderland 0-0 D
JAN 01 Thu H 20 Cryst Palace 0-0 D
Jan 10 SAT A 21 Leicester Pending

Aston Villa V Liverpool Prediction by Paul Merson

I just can’t see Villa scoring at the moment and I’m worried for my old team. Something has to change very quickly there, because if it wasn’t for the defence I dread to think where they would be. They’ll be in a relegation battle because they don’t score enough goals.

Raheem Sterling has been away on holiday, so he’ll be fresh and I can’t see anything past a Liverpool win. I don’t think Mario Balotelli will start because if he wasn’t getting in the team when Sterling wasn’t there, then it’s likely he’ll be on the bench.

PAUL PREDICTS: 0-2

Aston Villa V Liverpool Prediction by Paul Merson

Understatement of the year !

Arsenal v Aston Villa Prediction by Paul Merson

can’t see anything but an Arsenal win especially as they’ve just had two really good results and I look at Villa and don’t know where Villa are going to get another goal.

I know they scored two against Bournemouth in the FA Cup but in the league I can’t see anything but another defeat for them.

Guzan has been the only success for them this season, while a few other players have disappointed.

PAUL PREDICTS: 3-0

Don't know why but I'm feeling optimistic about this one and I'm predicting that we'll get at least a point.

Merse gives his take on the Chelsea game!

I can't see anything but Chelsea winning, and I'm being kind. The easy bit with these two teams is the nil. Last week was atrocious for Villa, and I mean atrocious. Sooner or later, they've got to take a chance, go out and have a go, free-swing it against Chelsea.

If you sit back and play 10 behind the ball, Chelsea will break you down before the end of the football match. I can see how they tried to squeeze the game and close Arsenal in, but they're just not that good.

They need to open this game up and have a go. I worry for Villa, if you're not scoring goals I just don't know how you stay up.

PAUL PREDICTS: 0-2

How come everyone can see we need to score goals except Lambert?

quoted on SSN that he was "disappointed" we did not sign another player or two!

This to me says one of two things, 1. Lambert wanted the signings but the Club could not reach an agreement! 2. he is already starting to defend his position in preparation for mitigation in a compensation claim if sacked!!