Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eastie

Villa In The Press

Did you google that?!!!

i am not quite as thick and stupid as i look mate!!

But then again i am devastatingly handsome so it makes up for my lack of brains!!

Will update daily on weekdays mate., not available on weekends.

It's a copy and paste from official site but easier for people to read it here than going on there to find it .

Mail on Sunday: Aston Villa have made a £3.9m offer for Valencia midfielder Carles Gil. The 22-year-old has been on loan at Elche, who are also keen to take him but Villa will offer a bigger financial package. The one sticking point is Valencia would prefer to loan him again rather than sell as they believe he has good potential. Gil is small but quick and can play behind the striker or as a right-sided midfielder and would be reunited with Carlos Sanchez if he joined Villa.

The Sun on Sunday: Aston Villa should find out this week if they have any chance of landing Adnan Januzaj on loan. Manchester United will decide whether to let the Belgian, 19, gain first team experience elsewhere. But even if they do, Paul Lambert faces competition from a host of other bosses - including ex United chief David Moyes at Real Sociedad.

Daily Star on Sunday: Aston Villa want Man United's Adnan Januzaj on loan - and are also chasing Man City winger Scott Sinclair. Villa boss Paul Lambert has targeted the Manchester wide boys to give his squad a boost in this month's transfer window. Januzaj, 19, burst on the United scene in exciting fashion last season under previous boss David Moyes - who would love to be reunited with him at Real Sociedad. But while United will not sell him, Januzaj has become a bit-part player this season and could be allowed to leave on loan to give him regular first-team action and increase his experience. United boss Louis van Gaal will discuss the situation with the Belgian winger and his representatives after today's Premier League game against Southampton.

Sunday Mercury: Aston Villa are hoping to have at least one new signing on board before next weekend's clash with Liverpool. Paul Lambert is chasing both Manchester City's Scott Sinclair and Valencia ace Carles Gil as the claret and blues search for two new playmakers.The latest defeat at Leicester highlighted Villa's distinct lack of creativity and Lambert wants to address the issues as a matter of urgency. While the claret and blues want to wrap up their pursuit of the duo, there is still a long way to go before either can be completed.

Sunday Express: Aston Villa are poised to win the battle for Manchester City winger Scott Sinclair in a deal worth around £2.5m. Sinclair has seen his career stall with the Premier League champions after only starting 14 league games since moving to the North West in August 2012. The former England U21 international is keen to get his career back on track and has agreed terms for the switch to Villa Park. Sinclair, 25, who played four games for Great Britain at the 2012 Olympics picks up around £50,000 a week and is under contract until 2016 but wants a fresh start.

Sunday Mirror: Aston Villa are preparing to fight off a £7.5m bid from Liverpool to make Fabian Delph the successor to Steven Gerrard. Boss Brendan Rodgers has accepted that Villa's determination not to tell their 25-year-old midfield driving force this month would mean he would have to wait until the summer. But Villa chiefs believe Gerrard's decision to move to America has changed the picture and a bid could now come in the next two weeks.

Sunday Mercury: New week. Same old story. Only this time Aston Villa have nothing to show for their efforts. The chronic lack of goals is costing them dearly after defeat to basement-boys Leicester City left them looking nervously over their shoulder at the bottom three. It's now just one goal in six Premier League games and what's worse is that Villa don't even look like scoring.

Daily Star on Sunday: Paul Lambert claimed it was "sink or swim" as Villa slid into deep trouble - but they could claim they went down fighting. The last thing under-fire Lambert wanted to see was Ciaran Clark and Foxes Matt James both being red-carded - after Paul Konchesky had fired in the game's only goal. James was sent off for an over the top challenge on Jores Okore and furious Villa defender Clark piled in deep into stoppage time.

It's a copy and paste from official site but easier for people to read it here than going on there to find it .

That's fine mate

Damn,Eastie,you've been on the site 25mins and already made it more interesting, I tip my hat to you.Fresh ideas.You need to give Lambert a call,he needs help.Keep it up my son!UTV

Damn,Eastie,you've been on the site 25mins and already made it more interesting, I tip my hat to you.Fresh ideas.You need to give Lambert a call,he needs help.Keep it up my son!UTV

Many thanks :) delighted to be here mate .